JP goes LED, Interior and Rock Lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JP goes LED, Interior and Rock Lights

So I've been wanting to convert as much of JP to LED as possible for a long time, however LED's aren't cheap and most of the time not very bright. So while goofing around over on Pirate, I came across these super cheap and bright LED's out of China. You get 20 pucks on a string for $26. Only the take 3-4 weeks to get here :rolleyes: They are worth the wait!

So I started off replacing my rock lights. This is the 3rd stage of these. I originally started with 5) 55 watt fog lights, they we're really bright, but when you get the roof lights and two lights up front going it was starting to be a bit much on the electrical system.:(

Stage 2 was some accent LED lights I picked up from the auto parts store. They worked but not as bright as I wanted, and they still cost me $50+ in the end:rolleyes:

So now stage 3. I installed the new rock lights, and they are much brighter.

I liked them so much....I did the interior of JP too:D

Attachments

• New Rock Lights3.jpg
    New Rock Lights3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,415
  • New Rock Lights.jpg
    New Rock Lights.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 33,776
  • New Rock Lights2.jpg
    New Rock Lights2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 27,725

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just FYI for anyone ordering these.

Since I ordered these I heard they are sending some customer a letter saying they need additional identification. Asking for a copy of your credit card and picture id. Now to me this sound totally bogus, and there is no way I giving some guy in China, my picture ID and a copy of my credit card.

So my advice if this happens to you is to cancel your order and reorder using Paypal, or do that from the start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Used PP on my initial order.

That sucks to hear. Maybe we can find a different seller. This goes against my rule of no ordering directly from china. Once I ordered a laptop battery from ebay from china. Long story short, I was screwed out for 85 bucks, the return shipping, and still had no battery (by time the return was made it was outside paypal's window for a claim)

WHAT...You thought I was done? :D

For those of you with 2nd Gen's you'll know that we were not blessed with a under hood light.:mad: Well No more!!! Installed a switch under the hood, and stuck the LED so it lights the whole engine compartment;)

The 2nd image is where I installed one in the lift gate so when open it shines down to the ground, or in my case the boxes that pull out from the cargo area;)

Attachments

• LED hood.jpg
    LED hood.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 421
  • LED Gate.jpg
    LED Gate.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 430

Okay, you twisted my arm. I just ordered a set.

Just FYI for anyone ordering these.

Since I ordered these I heard they are sending some customer a letter saying they need additional identification. Asking for a copy of your credit card and picture id. Now to me this sound totally bogus, and there is no way I giving some guy in China, my picture ID and a copy of my credit card.

So my advice if this happens to you is to cancel your order and reorder using Paypal, or do that from the start.

I havent seen anything like that show up yet, guess we will see.

Anybody else still waiting for theirs? Mine were ordered and payed for back at the beginning of march, but it shows they never shipped. Waiting to hear back from them now.

still waiting here too. they spit my order in several sets getting bits and pieces. but still not the lights I'm waiting for!

Here is the info from our order from dextreme.

So, Ordered February 9th,
Shipped February 20th,
Received in Airzona on March 9th.

~Mark

Took me about a month to get mine as well, def worth the wait though! ive put in eight of the 11 i plan on so far. one in each rear wheel well, one in spare tire location and one above rear pinion and the rest are in normal locations.

Attachments

• IMG_0347[1].jpg
    IMG_0347[1].jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0348[1].jpg
    IMG_0348[1].jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 320

Mine finally arrived the other day too.

just my luck, there temp. out of stock :mad::mad:

cool, thanks mark.
I'll go check the link out right now :thumbsup:

Back