Rim suggestion Please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rim suggestion Please help

fordlover453

Reaction score
What is a good looking black rim that people tend to put on this explorer's? I am not looking for chrome or ricer looking. I want a clean looking rim that can also handle some off roading. Was thinking of a 16x8 wheel but can't seem to find any that dont look cheap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a 17x8.5 MB wheels TKO. It kinda looks like rockstars but have a cleaner look IMHO.

Sorry they're a little dirty in this pic:

IMG_0869.jpg

Here's a cleaner shot:

photo3-4.jpg

They really pop when the tires are all clean!

I got a set of black '03-04 Cobra wheels (17x9s) off Not8taxi on my Ranger. Here's how they looked on his Ex.

attachment.php

I just used the ones that cam with my wheels. What do you mean by what kind of lug nut?

A lot of aftermarket wheels come with a locking lug for each corner. Mine did and Ive talked to a couple others who's wheels came with them.

Thanks Ronin

Also its harder to find tires for a 16" rim

Ok actually a good clean picture...

4036cda0.jpg

If you every plan on off roading I would say stay away from those Monter rims because they stick out farther than the sidewall of the tire and will get chipped really easily.

Also its harder to find tires for a 16" rim

Not too hard if you buy them brand new, but if you're looking for used with a really good amount of tread life you're SOL and near impossible lol.

If you every plan on off roading I would say stay away from those Monter rims because they stick out farther than the sidewall of the tire and will get chipped really easily.

I just thought they looked cool. I'm probably going to keep it simple with some Cragars even though cheap that's my last project. Going to wear down the stock tires which I've only put about 20k miles on them before I buy new wheels. Nothing too fancy since I plan on trading away the gas guzzler when I ship out for USN.

the stock lug nuts did not fit for the wheels I got. I got 16x8 dick cepek dc2 rims and I had to buy lug nuts from ebay that are locking ones with a key. However, I was wondering if anyone had used any other lug nuts that dont look cheap.

Here are the rims:

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwicket/home/tab/Buy%20Wheels/subtab/Shop%20by%20Brands/brandsList_selectedItem/Dick%20Cepek/selPanel/wheelSizeByBrandList/brandStyleList_selectedItem/DC2%20B/gclid/CKqEm5_GwbECFQF_hwodAnQAdA/sce/google/cagpspn/pla/CAWELAID/534170950/sortChanged/true/wheelSortBy/Priced%20Low%20To%20High

though I just put general grabber tires on and my steering wheel is shaking. I had them balanced and everything but it didnt go away. any thoughts? Im stuck

Back