3rd gen pic's | Page 215 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This was right when I bought her.

Photo0016.jpg

I repainted all of the grey trim black, swapped the rear and front bumper for the XLT bumpers, installed fog lights, painted the rims, installed custom cat back exhaust, and HID's.

Next are the BFT spacers.

EX.jpg

look good better than before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Photo0016.jpg

I repainted all of the grey trim black, swapped the rear and front bumper for the XLT bumpers, installed fog lights, painted the rims, installed custom cat back exhaust, and HID's.

EX.jpg

I really like the color you did the wheels. Rattle can them?

Photo0016.jpg

EX.jpg
damn it, why did I see this? Now I want an XLT front bumper for my XLS! I want to mount some fog lights but can't decide where to on the XLS bumper. I think they would look kinda ghetto in that center opening in the bumper and don't really like the behind the grill look. Let us know how that painted trim holds up...heard some people have problems with it lasting. Looks great btw!

damn it, why did I see this? Now I want an XLT front bumper for my XLS! I want to mount some fog lights but can't decide where to on the XLS bumper. I think they would look kinda ghetto in that center opening in the bumper and don't really like the behind the grill look. Let us know how that painted trim holds up...heard some people have problems with it lasting. Looks great btw!

Thanks man!
Yeah it was definitely worth it to swap the bumpers out in my opinion.
I've actually had the trim painted for a little over a year now.
The Paint on the Wheels is fresh this week though, and yes it was a rattle can!

Here is a picture from under the hood:

photo5.jpg

Thanks man!
Yeah it was definitely worth it to swap the bumpers out in my opinion.
I've actually had the trim painted for a little over a year now.
The Paint on the Wheels is fresh this week though, and yes it was a rattle can!

Here is a picture from under the hood:

photo5.jpg

Explorer looks great, like the color of the wheels.

Been a while since ive posted a pic... So....new to me (thx fishfood) Surco rack+ I just tinted thefront windows..35%..... haven't washed her in ages...just a cell phone shot lol
7622519418_32b613a1bb_b.jpg

IMAG0576 by billyssingle, on Flickr
Also have brembo pads and rotors,2.25/1.75 spacers and more lights!
Should have my 4.56 gears and true tracs within a week...though you'll never see them...

Wills05xlt4x4 said:
Should have my 4.56 gears and true tracs within a week...though you'll never see them...

Yeah, but we can see what you do with them!

No running boards and custom intake
(dead links)
engine needs a clean

Guess who decided to spill 5w20 all over the front left of his engine?

<----- This guy.

F***

<----- This guy.

F***

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

Tell you what buddy, I feel so bad that I'm not going to laugh..................................:shifty_ey.........................:p:....................... :D

Limited02 said:
PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

Tell you what buddy, I feel so bad that I'm not going to laugh..................................:shifty_ey.........................:p:....................... :D

I don't have a picture of that, I was way too oily to hold my phone. I can however go outside and take a picture of my garbage can and the six cans of brake cleaner I used to clean it all up....

I don't have a picture of that, I was way too oily to hold my phone. I can however go outside and take a picture of my garbage can and the six cans of brake cleaner I used to clean it all up....

At least it wasn't gear oil. That stuff stinks like hell.

<----- This guy.

F***

Engine bay not so bad.
No pictures sorry, but I threw a gallon tea container into the air when it came down it landed cap side toward the inside of the car. Best part landed on the top of the open back passenger door, blowing all the contents into my x. Even better it wasn't tea it was used oil. Well I did "oil" my leather seats up that night.

Awesome shot Tyler! :thumbsup:

Awesome shot Tyler! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Forgot to say that was a test picture. I used my phone's camera and took the picture through my polarized sunglasses to cut down the glare off the windsheild. seemed to kinda work! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got some new wheels and tires, plus I did my 1.5" body lift. Cragar soft 8's, and mastercraft courser m/t's.
IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

Back