Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 216 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got some new wheels and tires, plus I did my 1.5" body lift. Cragar soft 8's, and mastercraft courser m/t's.
IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

nice job. makes me miss my old one a bit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Above: SO NICE.

rangermidtn said:
Got some new wheels and tires, plus I did my 1.5" body lift. Cragar soft 8's, and mastercraft courser m/t's.

Are those auto running boards?!?

Are those auto running boards?!?

No, there hunter boards, I just cut and rewelded the mounts to bring closer to the body. Won't be on much longer, hopefully get the sliders on soon.

rangermidtn said:
No, there hunter boards, I just cut and rewelded the mounts to bring closer to the body. Won't be on much longer, hopefully get the sliders on soon.

Will they be that close too?

Will they be that close too?

They will be about 2" lower than the body. This is why the step rails are high now, do not want to snag them on rocks.
556686_4204640639861_1400223081_33687789_944287158_n.jpg

Does anyone know if 255 60 R18 will fit WITH OUT A LIFT? I want to put the XD MONSTER rims on with some NITTOs

Does anyone know if 255 60 R18 will fit WITH OUT A LIFT? I want to put the XD MONSTER rims on with some NITTOs

Considering the fact that the largest tire size is a 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 which are both larger than a 255/60/18 I'm pretty sure they will fit. Maybe do a little research first.

And it's also a "pics" thread. Not a question thread.

IMG_0634.jpg

Joys of living on a lake..

That light bar looks good, you should paint the stock antenna black.

Thanks! I plan on buying one of the shorty antennas when i get paid! im not a fan of the long one on there, plus when i am trucking through trees and what not it always gets caught and slaps against the side of my window.

DanielJ said:
Thanks! I plan on buying one of the shorty antennas when i get paid! im not a fan of the long one on there, plus when i am trucking through trees and what not it always gets caught and slaps against the side of my window.

When you get paid? They are like $4.99 on eBay....

Ha yeah but they are 10. Im taking a month of leave to go back home in October so i buy all the necessities, then put everything into a savings account. Weird but its managed to save me 4k and i only started in march since i pent everything in feburary on tires, lift, control arms, etc. and i bought a tuner this paycheck, paid for my daughters first birthday, had to convert to cloth diaper which are stupid expensive.. already. Way overspent on a ton of things. but none the less i will buy one!

I took a couple pics of the Explorer today, mounted a hand made light bar, still waiting to get the the sliders on.
IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

Daniel and Ranger yall got some nice explorers there! and daniel after seeing your pics it convinced me to nightshade my stock corners ... so glad i did!

I should have gone with the cragars like he did though, they look alot cleaner than mine do! The blue he has looks damn good as well. Blues a hard color to pull off too. Yeah it makes the car look completely different. It was a cheap mod too! instead of paying out the rear for expensive ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back