*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

@Vince

I only see the performance upgrade is now available.
Contact your local authorized dealership.

on the right side:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.4
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-AP

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F497-AP

BT4T-14F603-AG

BT4T-14F603-AP

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stoev, I believe that means your Explorer falls under the required dealer install because of the cooling fan issue. You might try calling Ford directly and explaining your situation, assuming you haven't already tried that, and see if they can help you in some way.

what for a cooling fan issue?
:)

BR

Yeah, I know, crazy right? :D

Turns out certain early model Explorers could have problems overheating while applying the update as a result of the extended idling time required. The dealers have special instructions to override the vehicle computer and run the engine cooling fans at full speed to avoid this.

Vehicles affected by this issue are required to be brought into the dealership so that this can be addressed. There is a thread or two on hear about it if you wanted to do a search :)

Since the new update, I've noticed a couple times that it will not display which street I'm on from the home page under the Navigation ball. Anyone experience this? Any fix?

I've been experience this a lot this week. I've owned my 2013 Explorer for a few weeks now. The first week, it would always show the street I'm on under the compass ball. Now, it never shows. I unhooked the battery yesterday and it was showing for about 20 minutes. It hasn't show at all today. I tried the reboot software from my memory stick and that didn't fix it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Still coming and going for me. This last time it worked for about 2-3 weeks and then the other day it disappeared again and just came back on the following day. Weird.

Ours comes and goes also. Haven't found a pattern yet...

I think I may have possibly found a solution to the streets not showing up under the compass ball on the home screen. What I did was select Navigation on the instrument panel and then I selected Favorite Destinations. I have my home address saved, so I selected that to create a route on navigation. After the route started, I cancelled it and all of a sudden the streets starting showing on the home screen. Later this evening, the software rebooted itself when I was driving back from the restaurant I ate at. The streets weren't showing on the home screen under the compass ball. I did the same thing I previously mentioned by started a route and then canceling it and sure enough, the streets started showing again. So far it's worked twice, so I'll have to see if this possible solution continues to work when the streets don't show under the compass ball.

So all of a sudden when I hit the voice command button on my steering wheel, nothing happens. Don't hear anything and the only thing I can see is the ear symbol is displayed on the bottom left portion of my touch screen with a question mark next to it.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any fix on how to get the voice back without taking it to the dealer?

So all of a sudden when I hit the voice command button on my steering wheel, nothing happens. Don't hear anything and the only thing I can see is the ear symbol is displayed on the bottom left portion of my touch screen with a question mark next to it.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any fix on how to get the voice back without taking it to the dealer?

I'm sorry, didn't quite catch that... :D

Couldn't resist, but no, haven't had that one happen yet. Maybe a fuse 29 pull would help.

Same here, the current street name on the MFT home screen comes and goes for me also, I haven't correlated it to anything yet.

When ever I have problems with MyFord Touch system ...

When ever I have problems with MyFord Touch system (ie; loss of voice command) .... I do the following >>> With all power off on vehicle --- I open the hood --- disconnect cable from battery terminal for approx 20 to 30 seconds ---- reconnect cable --- then return to vehicle - turn on accessory power and check for proper operation of MFT system (should work OK )... This is really not acceptable to me but it is better than setting up a 2 to 3hr visit @ FORD dealer that is still not sure how to fix these type problems (just hit and miss attempts).

This is a known BUG. See my post here on http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/issues/83. Currently there is an open ticket on my X at the dealer that they refuse to close because they say this is an "unique situation." This is not unique it is a 3.02 OOPS much like everything else. To my knowledge the only work around is a reset at this point, at least this is what the dealer has done t get my system working again. Good luck!!

I encourage all of you to start posting your bugs on this website so that there can be a collective organized list of documentation of these problems. It's nice to see a fellow Ford customer was willing to set this up since ford isn't willing to do it.

My Bug

I have a 2 week old 2013 Limited and the only real probelm that I have had that persists is that the Travel Link Weather page will not load the radar, storm, or chart information. I am taking it to the dealership in the morning for them to see what they can do. I have not tried a master reset as I do not think I want to rebuild my connections...although that will probably wind up being the case anyway. Heck, I can't even find the fuse box! They sure must not want customers replacing or pulling those because it sure as heck is inassessible. Did call Sirius and tried to work the issue through them...they sent a "signal" or whatever to my radio supposedly but did nothing. They are pretty useless. I think it is a Ford issue now.

I have a 2 week old 2013 Limited and the only real probelm that I have had that persists is that the Travel Link Weather page will not load the radar, storm, or chart information. I am taking it to the dealership in the morning for them to see what they can do. I have not tried a master reset as I do not think I want to rebuild my connections...although that will probably wind up being the case anyway. Heck, I can't even find the fuse box! They sure must not want customers replacing or pulling those because it sure as heck is inassessible. Did call Sirius and tried to work the issue through them...they sent a "signal" or whatever to my radio supposedly but did nothing. They are pretty useless. I think it is a Ford issue now.

Others are having this problem - see the Travel Link thread. I also am having this issue. I can get it to work by pulling fuse 29 and then reseating it (causing the system to reboot) - but that is only temporary as eventually I lose the radar again.

Took my Ex to the dealer after Customer Service and IVT directed me to resolve the ongoing issues with the dealer. The dealer says they did an update for V3 MFT.

I call BS but Ok so lets say they did it.

Now the start up is 60-90 seconds of black screen after ignition.

The left side of steering wheel graphic display with Intelligent 4WD no longer exists with vertical fuel and RPM.

Fuse pull/master reset negative

This is getting silly now, too much time at the dealer, too much time without the promised functionality.

Back to Customer Service yet again.

Temperature icon is gone

Dear all,

I read the posts, but only one I think is complaining about the temperature reading which was used to be on the right of the clock.

In the last upgrade (performance upgrade) they did on my vehicle, it is just disappeared.

I tried all settings to see if there was a ON/OFF switch, but no luck...

Looking at the videos the other users posted on this thread it looks like this problem is for everybody, can anybody confirm ??

Is ford aware of this ?

I live in Dubai, and when it gets 50C it's nice to know before you get out of the car ;-)

Regards,
Pete.

They removed the temperature from the big screen in the last update. The good news for you is that in the update coming later this year, having the temperature displayed on the big screen will be coming back as a user selectable option.

Don't forget the outside temperature is always displayed in the smaller LCD info screen to the right of the speedometer :)

Dear all,

I read the posts, but only one I think is complaining about the temperature reading which was used to be on the right of the clock.

In the last upgrade (performance upgrade) they did on my vehicle, it is just disappeared.

I tried all settings to see if there was a ON/OFF switch, but no luck...

Looking at the videos the other users posted on this thread it looks like this problem is for everybody, can anybody confirm ??

Is ford aware of this ?

I live in Dubai, and when it gets 50C it's nice to know before you get out of the car ;-)

Regards,
Pete.

Dear VinceL,

sorry about that, I just realized the temp is displayed as you say... it was there in front of me all the time...

Regards,
Pete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dear VinceL,

sorry about that, I just realized the temp is displayed as you say... it was there in front of me all the time...

Regards,
Pete.

Glad you found it, and no need to apologize :)

Back