• Register Today It's free!

Weatherstrip issues

nnichols

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT FWD
I noticed that the passenger side weatherstripping between the front and rear door has worn through. The driver side is showing excessive wear too. This is at 3,200 miles. Anyone else run into this?

Passenger
Qu5YCl.jpg

Driver
qdAFol.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed that the passenger side weatherstripping between the front and rear door has worn through. The driver side is showing excessive wear too. This is at 3,200 miles. Anyone else run into this?
Welcome to the Forum nnichols.:wavey:
Thanks for posting that. I checked mine and everything is okay.
I think a trip to the dealer is in order. Good luck.

Peter

weatherstrip

Mine is a 2013 as well with just under 3000 miles and is behaving in the same matter, not quite as bad as yours, but I assume that's only a matter of time. Well to the dealer for a replacement (part, not car...lol)

Mine is a 2013 as well with just under 3000 miles and is behaving in the same matter, not quite as bad as yours, but I assume that's only a matter of time. Well to the dealer for a replacement (part, not car...lol)
Welcome to the Forum enphluence.:wavey:
I wonder if this is a 2013 model issue?
Good luck at the dealership.

Peter

Weatherstrip

Thanks. I will keep the updates coming if anything interesting happens.

I just checked ours out and noticed quite a bit of wear also, and that is after only 9000 miles.

Add that to the list of things to get checked.

Any 2011 or 2012's Affected?

So far it looks like just the 2013 models are affected with this problem.

Peter

Nothing on our 2012 my, just going to dealer then too shop to repair second row seat covers. 13k miles, they are coming loose from frames.

I just checked out my Explorer. There is some wear along the passenger side of the vehicle. I'm currently at over 8,200 miles. I will have to keep an eye on it now.

My passenger side is exactly like the OP's, completely split through, the drivers side does not look as bad. Mine is a 2011

Dealer ordered new weatherstrip for passenger side. Should be replaced tomorrow. Also reprogrammed APIM again due to repeated reboots...again....and are looking into the power steering and transmission issues. But does not look like they are having much luck "reproducing" those problems.

Mine are not as bad but not perfect! Guess I have till the warranty is up.

I noticed that the passenger side weatherstripping between the front and rear door has worn through...
Mine is a 2013 as well with just under 3000 miles and is behaving in the same matter, not quite as bad as yours...
I just checked ours out and noticed quite a bit of wear also, and that is after only 9000 miles...
I just checked out my Explorer. There is some wear along the passenger side of the vehicle...
Mine are not as bad but not perfect! Guess I have till the warranty is up.
nnichols, enphluence, VinceL, boltsfan17, & GeoMimi89,

I suggest visiting the dealer so they can take care of the concern. I can also help by forwarding the information to your regional Customer Service Managers. If you haven’t already, PM me your dealer name/state, mileage, contact info, and VIN.

Nothing on our 2012 my, just going to dealer then too shop to repair second row seat covers. 13k miles, they are coming loose from frames.
I’m sorry I missed this post before, Spengracin; I wanted to check in to be sure your seats were fixed.

Dealer ordered new weatherstrip for passenger side. Should be replaced tomorrow. Also reprogrammed APIM again due to repeated reboots...
I’m glad to see your dealer is taking care of you, cnsheets. I have your Explorer’s VIN from previous messages, so drop me a line via PM for assistance.

Cory

My 2012 with less than 11,000 miles has the same isues on drivers door. I had the Ex at dealership today for MFT so I pointed out this problem too. Dealership said they have two weatherstrips on order - they found one of the other doors with same issue so they are replacing both.

My wife's 2002 Dodge Caravan did this ........ She was sliding into the driver's seat and rubbing against the weatherstripping in so doing. The passenger side was fine as the kids were little and sat in the rear. Could it be the same issue as this?

Weatherstripping deteriorating

The little piece coffee weatherstripping between the front and rear doors that is attached to the leading edge of the rear door is starting to fall apart on both sides. Fordparts.com lists it as part <25324B for both sides. $39.37 for one side $37.15 for the other.

I guess I need to pony up the cash on these now that I'm out of warranty. I wish I would have noticed earlier.:thumbdwn:

Does anyone know what the real part number is for these parts... The <25324b number turns up nothing on the OEM part discounters like Tousley Ford.

Pics for your enjoyment...
20140913_142656_zpstkjcpcba.jpg

20140913_142707_zpsa8gfaafd.jpg

20140913_142735_zps2h18ri3j.jpg

I ended up getting them form Sunrise Ford for under $60 shipped.
BB5Z-7825324-B and BB5Z-7825324-B.

Has anyone else replaced these? It doesn't look too hard... Just some Christmas trees holding them in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How old is your explorer? Your description says it's a 13. Seems a little extreme to have weather stripping like this after 2 years.....

Back