• Register Today It's free!

I won my lemon law case

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
My 2011 is to be replaced with a 2012 if black or gray is available, if not, a 2013 is to be ordered.

Hoping that they can't find a 2012.

Very excited, but I hope that I don't have any problems with the replacement vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ford0001_zps86dffe5b.jpg

ford0002_zpsacf12064.jpg

ford0003_zps299aa690.jpg

ford0004_zps86c037bc.jpg

congrats

Welcome to the club! and congratulations. I hope the new vehicle works out for you.

Congrats!!

tick tock, tick tock.... waiting..... tick tock, tick tock.......anticipation..... tick tock, tick tock.........

Congratulations. I'm sure it is a tremendous relief to you. Keeping the fingers crossed that a 2013 is in your future :)

Congrats, I hope you are pleased, shame you had to experience that though.

I would expect a 2012, there are 1000s of out there right now. And a $10k kicker to the dealer will help move them.

Congrats, I hope you are pleased, shame you had to experience that though.

I would expect a 2012, there are 1000s out there right now. And a $10k kicker to the dealer will help move them.

It has to be a 302a black or gray, and it has to have less than 350 miles on it.

I looked in the area and only found a handful of 2012's, and none were 302a.

Congrats......I may be in the same boat next week I will advise

Congrats!! It's great when the "little man" can go up against a "GIANT" and win. I am sure this was not easy, but your professionalism, persistence and intellect have rewarded you in dividends.

Congrats!! It's great when the "little man" can go up against a "GIANT" and win. I am sure this was not easy, but your professionalism, persistence and intellect have rewarded you in dividends.

That and the fact it felt like the state was on my side.

Congrats! Ford's argument that the vehicle never left you stranded pisses me off. How dare you order a GPS and MFT and expect it to work!

I don't understand why it could not be fixed. New main unit and even replace the antenna? It seems most of problems were solved with the MFT update and new SD map card. It shouldn't be that complicated.

that is awesome, in CT what do you have to prove? in CA it was having taken a newly purchased vehicle in for service for the same major problem 3 times without and not having the problom solved. we beat BMW with our mini S and we asked that they overhaul the entire motor and they did it in 3 days.

I don't understand why it could not be fixed. New main unit and even replace the antenna? It seems most of problems were solved with the MFT update and new SD map card. It shouldn't be that complicated.

They didn't care to fix it. An engineer from FoMoCo was even present while the vehicle was in service, but didn't even take a look at the car.

that is awesome, in CT what do you have to prove? in CA it was having taken a newly purchased vehicle in for service for the same major problem 3 times without and not having the problom solved. we beat BMW with our mini S and we asked that they overhaul the entire motor and they did it in 3 days.

4 repair attempts within the first 2 years or 24,000 miles, or 30 days in a repair shop.

If you look on this board you will see a ton of people still having MFT problems even on 2013 models. Ford acknowledged there was an issue with the performance and stability of MFT when they stopped servicing any MFT issues "until the performance upgrade is released".

In my case the vehicle was sold to me AFTER Mulally had made public statements regarding issues with MFT, but no issues were disclosed to me at the time of sale. My car made 7 visits to the dealer in 6 months for MFT related concerns, and then the dealer refused service on MFT for 7 months while I was told to "wait for the upgrade".

The upgrade was released, and it didn't solve the problem, (actually it got worse, rebooting more often). At that time they finally replaced the hardware, which also had little to no affect on the problem.

MFT is still a mess, it still has issues, and Fords recommendation is still a master reset or fuse pull. They did a major rewrite of MFT but stuck with the same flawed Flash Lite technology that caused the issues to begin with (if you don't believe that statement, research why apple, Microsoft, and other mobile/embedded device makers are refusing to allow flash on their devices. Also look into the fact that Adobe has officially stopped development on flash lite/ flash mobile)

I'm reinvesting in an Explorer and MFT after my lawsuit, but this time I'm going in fully aware of the issues, and have the ability to weigh the pros and cons of MFT vs. the rest of the vehicle's performance and amenities. I wasn't given that option prior to the original 40,000 purchase.

Lemon law exists to protect the consumer, not from things that can't be fixed, but from things that can't be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, without a reasonable amount of inconvenience to the consumer. If I have to drop my vehicle off at the dealer every other week, that's an inconvenience (rental, or other transportation, finding good times to get away from work for both the drop off and pickup, time in another vehicle that is not what I spent my good money on, etc)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just hope I don't end up in the same situation. If I do, I would definitely ask for a refund and then purchase a vehicle from another manufacture.

It's just too frustrating to deal with the issues.

Back