Sync and iOS 6 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync and iOS 6

Amazing that one person says audible messaging with the iPhone works, and that nobody else has been able to replicate this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amazing that one person says audible messaging with the iPhone works, and that nobody else has been able to replicate this?

That's because it requires iOS 6 AND MFT 3.5.1. There are very few people that have this combination. My Ex is at the dealer today, so I'm hoping to end up with 3.5.1 and the A4 Nav card.

Would you like me to take video of it working? I don't understand your implication here.

So wait, why isn't 3.5 for open to download off sync my ride?

Because they don't want to risk end users running the upgrade without a new SD card, which would make the Nav stop functioning.

For now, the 3.5.1 upgrade requires a dealer visit.

At this time they dont want owners doing the update because you need the new A4 SD card to maintain Navigation features.

If you dont have navigation your good to down load off the TSB hyperlink.

But after you download you have to unzip the file and install on your USB drive, perhaps not everyone is confident with this and they saw potential issues.

At this time they dont want owners doing the update because you need the new A4 SD card to maintain Navigation features.

If you dont have navigation your good to down load off the TSB hyperlink.

But after you download you have to unzip the file and install on your USB drive, perhaps not everyone is confident with this and they saw potential issues.

thanks guys, sorry i posted that before i read the other posts in the forum about this... excitement got the best of me! Thanks for not being rude/mean to me!

Ya it will be interesting to see how MFT and iOS6 resolve the issue of Bluetooth MAP and encrypted iMessage data. I think as 13Sport mentioned he is NOT getting iMessages through MFT at this point with iOS6 and v3.5.1

Why isn't Ford sending this update with the Nav SD card like they did earlier this year? Ford should be doing everything they can to improve there reliability rating since they have been slammed by CR as one of the least reliable manufactures mostly due to the MFT issues.

The 3.2 version is reasonable stable, but it still crashes about once a month, I'm sorry I meant "performing scheduled system maintenance". The album art still freezes up periodically and messaging doesn't work with my iPhone 5.

Ford dropped the ball on this and have managed to go from one of the most reliable manufactures to one of the least reliable manufactures in 2 years mostly due to MFT. They should be bending over backwards to make this right.

Why isn't Ford sending this update with the Nav SD card like they did earlier this year?

That's anybody's guess. For whatever reason, Ford decided to release this update as a TSB instead of user update. It's possible that they're doing this initially to gauge the number of installation problems before releasing it directly to end users.

Your right but its probably a huge logistical undertaking and way more expensive then making us head in to the dealer. I do agree we shouldn't be inconvenienced to fix something thats been incomplete for two years now.

Maybe thats a sign a big update without flash will be mailed out?........ya right........

Ya it will be interesting to see how MFT and iOS6 resolve the issue of Bluetooth MAP and encrypted iMessage data. I think as 13Sport mentioned he is NOT getting iMessages through MFT at this point with iOS6 and v3.5.1

I am receiving iMessages fine, I just can't SEND any messages from MFT (which I am far less concerned about, I would rather use Siri to send a message anyway)

Why isn't Ford sending this update with the Nav SD card like they did earlier this year? Ford should be doing everything they can to improve there reliability rating since they have been slammed by CR as one of the least reliable manufactures mostly due to the MFT issues.

Because the original "send the stick + nav card" was a disaster. Some of the earlier models still need the fan updates, and other recalls done. Requiring us to go to the dealer for the update is actually a more reliable way to make sure that the customer is happy in that regard.

Actually every customer installed release has been a disaster, including the last one available on sync my ride that caused a ton of people to lose climate controls.

I am receiving iMessages fine, I just can't SEND any messages from MFT (which I am far less concerned about, I would rather use Siri to send a message anyway)

Sorry I stand corrected.

Im guessing MFT can't use the iMessage encryption when it originates the text correct?

Sorry I stand corrected.

Im guessing MFT can't use the iMessage encryption when it originates the text correct?

I don't think it's related to iMessages at all.. I tried sending a standard text and got the same results. I will play around with it more this weekend though. There shouldn't be any "encryption" issues, Apple is translating the messages in and out, that's part of the definition of a "protocol". There just seems to be some nuances w/ the way Apple implemented it that required some custom work on Ford's side.

Like the "Allow Notifications" option that I missed before, its possible I'm just missing something, but I'll give it some good testing this weekend for sure.

3.5.1 requires the dealer to update the Load3.5.1. You will also receive the A4 card at the time of the update, whereas A3 will not work with 3.5.1. The reason SOME APIMs may be getting ordered is possibly due to the dealership not performing the entire TB, which I believe is 12-11-1.

OK...so it appears that 3.5.1 PLUS iOS6 will provide messages to appear on the MFT screen.

Is there some way we can obtain a copy of this tech bulletin (above, RonJr thinks it's 12-11-19) so I can take my truck into the dealer and get this update? (I'm pretty sure the service writer will look at me like I'm a Martian if I just tell him I need to have this TB installed!).

I'm disappointed that this update requires a trip to the dealership, though.

Is 3.5.1 the latest software for all MFT versions? I do not have Nav. I am taking mine in this Tuesday for the cooling recall and to update my MFT. Will my dealership update my software to the correct version?

Yes they will

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back