Explorer Sport 0-60 results | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

what was the temp on your 91 run? just curious, temperatures affect turbo motors more drastically than naturally aspirated. half a second from 2 octane is not normal.

But you don't think 1/2 a second from anything is normal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a question earlier about the temperatures when running so I went out again tonite as it was warmer than last nite.

1/4 tank 94 octane
45 degrees 77% humidity
No passengers, Gtech gps timer

Best runs were
and a 5.5 with a 14.12 1/4 mile at 97 mph

I had a question earlier about the temperatures when running so I went out again tonite as it was warmer than last nite.

1/4 tank 94 octane
45 degrees 77% humidity

Best runs were
that is awesomeness....
I hope mine runs as good

he stated best of 5.59 with 91 and best of 5.2 with 94. i had a hunch that it was cooler with the 94 run. there is NO WAY you are shaving .4 seconds with 3 octane. combine 3 octane and 5 degrees and wallah!! i have built and hobbied with turbo cars since my second car ever at 18, a 1987 toyo supra turbo, then a 93 supra turbo, a grand national and several turbo diesel trucks. i have built, modified, researched, studied, learned, and raced a tremendous amount in those 17 years.

you obviously dont understand how hard it is to squeeze a half second from a vehicle. but nice try, thanks for the comment.

1/4 tank 94 octane
45 degrees 77% humidity

Best runs were

Those are great numbers and thanks for keeping us updated. I expect nothing less from mine in a few days. And once I add the intake and exhaust and shave a 1/2 second (it is that easy) I'll let you know my times.
Thanks again.

he stated best of 5.59 with 91 and best of 5.2 with 94. i had a hunch that it was cooler with the 94 run. there is NO WAY you are shaving .4 seconds with 3 octane. combine 3 octane and 5 degrees and wallah!! i have built and hobbied with turbo cars since my second car ever at 18, a 1987 toyo supra turbo, then a 93 supra turbo, a grand national and several turbo diesel trucks. i have built, modified, researched, studied, learned, and raced a tremendous amount in those 17 years.

you obviously dont understand how hard it is to squeeze a half second from a vehicle. but nice try, thanks for the comment.
There re some other factors here: engine break in, tires getting some wear and grip.
Regardless of how those are great numbers

Absolutely great numbers. Makes me wish I had two little compressors spinning under my hood. Well my wife's hood!

Those are great numbers and thanks for keeping us updated. I expect nothing less from mine in a few days. And once I add the intake and exhaust and shave a 1/2 second (it is that easy) I'll let you know my times.
Thanks again.

Really? Are you trying to be a d!@k? I have never stated you can't achieve those gains with bolt ons. I was simply completely discrediting you on your statement that .5 seconds can be gained by 2 or 3 octane. Which was easy to do because you have no idea what you are talking about!

Really? Are you trying to be a d!@k? I have never stated you can't achieve those gains with bolt ons. I was simply completely discrediting you on your statement that .5 seconds can be gained by 2 or 3 octane. Which was easy to do because you have no idea what you are talking about!

You have been disagreeing with everything I have said or said, even with some of it to even fall true. You can go back and re read this entire thread. The things I have said in another thread helped the OP shave some time (about 1/2 second) with fuel upgrade and weight reduction. I then stated another 1/2 second could be achieved with 30 plus HP gain and practice with the vehicle (reaction and rpm launches). We have been talking about bolt ons in this thread so you know, it has been a big topic. You even brought up programmers.
Instead of saying I have no idea what I'm talking and discrediting me every chance you get, you could just thank the OP for his time and say It will be tough to shave another 1/2 second.
Thanks again to the OP and I'm done with EW now.

Its is going to be more then tough to shave a 1/2 second with bolt ons like a cold air and catback exhaust. As a matter of fact those 2 items may add 10hp at the most. The programer is going to pick up probably in the 60hp/100ftlbs range. That is where she will come alive. But even with that power, to shave off 1/2 in the quarter mile will be very difficult. This is my opinion, but I have some pretty decent experience with my GTR, previous CTSV and Z06.

Funny stuff...improving 1/4 mile times on a glorified mini-van.

ugh...

Yes jarhead, it is all me! You havent been egging it on!!! Not to mention your ridiculous offensive post that was deleted from another thread has left a bad taste. Oh well, i know when to stop.....done.

umm so how about those knicks?

Its is going to be more then tough to shave a 1/2 second with bolt ons like a cold air and catback exhaust. As a matter of fact those 2 items may add 10hp at the most. The programer is going to pick up probably in the 60hp/100ftlbs range. That is where she will come alive. But even with that power, to shave off 1/2 in the quarter mile will be very difficult. This is my opinion, but I have some pretty decent experience with my GTR, previous CTSV and Z06.

They are getting 38 hp gain on the 3.5 eco with just the exhaust.

Yes jarhead, it is all me! You havent been egging it on!!! Not to mention your ridiculous offensive post that was deleted from another thread has left a bad taste. Oh well, i know when to stop.....done.

I have been done, and that bad taste in your mouth isn't from me.

You will see a lot more gain from exhaust and intake on a turbo car then a NA car. I picked up 90 HP from exhaust, intake, intercooler piping and a tune on my Evo X. 30-40 HP should be easily attainable with an intake and exhaust on the Sport.

You will see a lot more gain from exhaust and intake on a turbo car then a NA car. I picked up 90 HP from exhaust, intake, intercooler piping and a tune on my Evo X. 30-40 HP should be easily attainable with an intake and exhaust on the Sport.
You will see more HP from a turbo car, yes. The exhaust would have to be uncatted starting with the down pipes. Intake would pick up much more on a supecharged vehicle, minimal on a turbo that makes its boost from the exhaust. You picked up 90hp on your EVO and probably 80 was from the tune. Blown and turbo cars from the factory leave huge power on the table due to reliability and warranty issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are getting 38 hp gain on the 3.5 eco with just the exhaust.
Exhaust meaning? Catback? If they are replacing the down pipes and removing all the cats back, then I could see the gain.

Back