Explorer Sport 0-60 results | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

You will see more HP from a turbo car, yes. The exhaust would have to be uncatted starting with the down pipes. Intake would pick up much more on a supecharged vehicle, minimal on a turbo that makes its boost from the exhaust. You picked up 90hp on your EVO and probably 80 was from the tune. Blown and turbo cars from the factory leave huge power on the table due to reliability and warranty issues.

On the Evo x I only picked up 35 from the tune. The rest was from bolt-ons.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could we move the tech talk to a dedicated thread and keep this one a pure 0-60 results only? It would help keep this thread on topic, make it easier to compare numbers, and the tech talk thread could be in the modified sub-forum where it belongs :)

Could we move the tech talk to a dedicated thread and keep this one a pure 0-60 results only? It would help keep this thread on topic, make it easier to compare numbers, and the tech talk thread could be in the modified sub-forum where it belongs :)

Will do since modifications have nothing to do with zero to 60 times
:thumbdwn:

My Sport is still on order. Hopefully it will be in before Christmas. I will definitely take some runs with my gtech and post some times before and after I add some mods.

BTW I know this is not an evoforum because the evoforums are still much cooler and have lots more to talk about as far as performance mods! We can only hope to have a few mods for the Sport within the next year or two. Oh, sorry, there I go again talking about mods....Lets see some more Zero to 60 times.

My Sport is still on order. Hopefully it will be in before Christmas. I will definitely take some runs with my gtech and post some times before and after I add some mods.

BTW I know this is not an evoforum because the evoforums are still much cooler and have lots more to talk about as far as performance mods! We can only hope to have a few mods for the Sport within the next year or two. Oh, sorry, there I go again talking about mods....Lets see some more Zero to 60 times.

That would definitely be an awesome Christmas present!

As for EVO forums having more to talk about as far as performance mods, no argument there. EVO forums being cooler, not so much :D

Here is to hoping tuners find an interest in the Sport. Get these to over 400hp and it should be a fun ride

Hahaha, funniest thing ever!!!
You newbs, you are so silly sometimes...

?
Actually not a newb, been a member since 2006. But now I know why I don't post so much. Talking about 0-60 times and having a discussion about mods that will cut the times and you *****? Pathetic. I will go back to Truestreetcars and NAGTROC. Bye, bye.

anyone else try this yet?

Did a 0-60 run in my Sport yesterday.

In normal mode with trac on: 5.8 seconds
In sand mode trac off: 5.6 seconds

Only did 2 runs since I only have 147 miles on my Ex so far. After the break-in period I'll do some more runs :)

Only did 2 runs since I only have 147 miles on my Ex so far. After the break-in period I'll do some more runs :)
some decent times..it shows that these are a bit faster than people expected...

Maybe I'm too old to comprehend all this but why are people concerned with a 0-60 time for an SUV??:dunno:

Go out and get a Brabus 800 Roadster.
0-100 kmph (62 mph) in 3.7 seconds and only 9.8 seconds 0-200 kmph (124 mph). 12 cylinder twin turbo 6.0 litre. 800 hp and peak torque of 1047 pound feet.
Now that's something to write home about!:thumbsup:

Peter

^because this is an SUV that can pull faster 0 to 60's than most cars on the road, including a good bit of "performance cars"
And still seat 7, and tow a decent amount :D

Maybe I'm too old to comprehend all this but why are people concerned with a 0-60 time for an SUV??:dunno:

Go out and get a Brabus 800 Roadster.
0-100 kmph (62 mph) in 3.7 seconds and only 9.8 seconds 0-200 kmph (124 mph). 12 cylinder twin turbo 6.0 litre. 800 hp and peak torque of 1047 pound feet.
Now that's something to write home about!:thumbsup:

Peter

That's not something to write home about. It's a Brabus, it is EXPECTED to go that fast, right? Yeah.

How about a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport, 4600lb car, that can seat 7 people, that gets 23.2mpg (that's what i'm getting) that is 4 wheel drive, that only costs $46k -- that can out-accelerate almost every other SUV on the road (short of a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and a few others) -- but the bang for the buck is all there with the Explorer.

You can talk number all day, all night, 365 days a year. But the bottom line? Ford did a great job with engineering this car. My 2004 GTO stock went 0-60 in 5.2 seconds... and after a few mods I got her down to 4.3 0 - 60 and the 1/4 mile in 12.9.

Brabus roadster, psh. Go for it dude, go get one. If I had, oh lets say, a $120k budget for a new car, I would go for a 2013 Audi S8. You want to know why? Because the 0-60 is 3.5 seconds, the 1/4 mile flies by in 11.7 seconds at 124 miles per hour. This is a 5 passenger, 4,400lb car, twin turbo V8 rated at 520hp. And it would smoke your Brabus and still have plenty of room for friends and groceries and golf clubs.

I am a performance car oriented guy, and with my family growing I got a performance orientated SUV that has everything I want. But if you'd like, we can bench race all day. With about $20k in modifications I bet an Explorer Sport can get into the 10's in the 1.4 mile, and 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. And still total investment would be less than $70k (or the cost of a loaded new SRT8 Jeep).

So go write home, by all means. :usa:

Originally Posted by 13TuxedoSport

Thanks for adding your info...this is why I originally started this thread for. Now it is a bit of a mess.

Thanks for adding your info...this is why I originally started this thread for. Now it is a bit of a mess.

No worries zackcrazy! Some of us aren't as performance orientated as the rest :D

It's a surprise that they take the time to post in a thread in which they have no interest it :D

I'll post some videos soon too ;)

I am waiting for the tiuned Spots to give some numbers

There is no way he is too old, nobody is too old for some good right-footed fun. It must be a medical condition!

(I hope that was funny, and not true!!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am waiting for the tiuned Spots to give some numbers

I will be ordering a Livernous programmer in the next couple of months...I cant wait to give it a go!

Back