Aftermarket wheels | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Hey Mike! That's exactly the look I was going for with the Falken tires and rim combo.The offset is 35mm. Unfortunately, this wheel only comes in this offset size and bolt pattern. Would have been nice to have the wheels flushed to the fender. Still about an inch to cover the difference. Currently looking for wheel spacers to get the stance I was looking for. I would have also gone with 285 instead of the 265/40/22 I currently have on but wasn't sure if it would fit the rim. Overall I'm happy with the look. Might try that combo later when its time for a change. Good luck with the wheel hunting!

Interesting, they're 35mm ET and you feel like having it at an ET of 30mm would push it out more flush? So it's safe to say that the factory offset is pretty conservative then

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys! really like the wheels! As I am still saving up to buy new sets of rims, and since I had nothing planned last weekend! I decided to try and paint my stock rims black! here are the results.

I personally dont like it much (comparing it with the rims on this thread) but then again, It does make my ex look different. hahaha!

keep it or change it ASAP? let me know. hahaha! cheers!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121203_150757_zps0a1487e4.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121205_161237_zpscfcbce3c.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121203_150817_zps8da46087.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121203_150743_zps14e2fa6a.jpg

Not 'after market' 22's, but factory Edge Sport wheels.

86780469.jpg

Those just don't seem to work to my eye. The proportions seem a bit wonky.

Hey guys! really like the wheels! As I am still saving up to buy new sets of rims, and since I had nothing planned last weekend! I decided to try and paint my stock rims black! here are the results.

I personally dont like it much (comparing it with the rims on this thread) but then again, It does make my ex look different. hahaha!

keep it or change it ASAP? let me know. hahaha! cheers!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121203_150757_zps0a1487e4.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121205_161237_zpscfcbce3c.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121203_150817_zps8da46087.jpg
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg590/mhikeboy/20121203_150743_zps14e2fa6a.jpg

I see im not the only one who thought of blacking out the rear window pillar

truck looks good

Just tinted the front windows on the XLT. Next I am doing clear paint protection over the front, hood and side view mirrors, and Ill be smoking out the front lights at the same time.

After that I am doing these in 20" wrapped in Nitto Terra Grapplers!
kmc_xd-series_xd778_monster_matte-black.jpg

Then I think I am going to go matte black on the grille.

11explorer_zps349d0aea.jpg

These are the rims that were on my 2011 Explorer XLT. I think we are going to put them on our 2013 Explorer Sport for our Summer wheels.

wheels_zpse83411e3.jpg

There they are mounted on our garage wall to get them off of the floor so they aren't taking up space! They are missing the center caps in this image.

wvu, storage of summer wheels is always a pain, I like what you did in your garage! Is that just a pine 1x4 secured into the wall studs, and then bike hangers holding the wheels? I never thought of that but assumed that would not be strong enough? THAT looks like wall art to me!

wvu, storage of summer wheels is always a pain, I like what you did in your garage! Is that just a pine 1x4 secured into the wall studs, and then bike hangers holding the wheels? I never thought of that but assumed that would not be strong enough? THAT looks like wall art to me!

I have started a new thread with directions and shopping list! Please look at thread: Winter or Summer Wheels/Tires Storage!!

Nice! Thanks, will do. Nice wheels too.

Look's like you're in left field, the only not liking them brah! :rolleyes::D

Those just don't seem to work. The proportion of tire to rim to chrome on the care comes off looking cheesy to me.

I see im not the only one who thought of blacking out the rear window pillar

truck looks good

Thanks Bro, thru time I got to like it really. Used vinyl sticker for the rear pillars to even out the black trims on the windows, I think it makes it look neater and it gave it that floating roof effect.

How did you do yours? Would be great to see pics of it bro. Thanks!

Falken RT-7M 22in wheels

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

I wasn't really into black wheels but I grew to like these. They look much better in person

Ok, anyone here good with photoshop? Would love to see what these wheels look like on a black sport. I'm looking for 22's for summer wheels and these look sharp. I also like the Edge sport wheels posted earlier.
Thanks

Thanks Bro, thru time I got to like it really. Used vinyl sticker for the rear pillars to even out the black trims on the windows, I think it makes it look neater and it gave it that floating roof effect.

How did you do yours? Would be great to see pics of it bro. Thanks!

Havent done mine yet, im going to try it with plasti dip, still to cold here in NJ

i will post pics after though

Just tinted the front windows on the XLT. Next I am doing clear paint protection over the front, hood and side view mirrors, and Ill be smoking out the front lights at the same time.

After that I am doing these in 20" wrapped in Nitto Terra Grapplers!
kmc_xd-series_xd778_monster_matte-black.jpg

Then I think I am going to go matte black on the grille.

BostonHXC if you got these please post a pic I would love to see them. How did the smoked out headlights go? I have the limited and most of the housing already is black it's just the 'linening' (forgive me for not using the correct term) that is chrome, can this part be painted though? I don't wanna go the smoked route to mess up my night time visibility.

Ok, anyone here good with photoshop? Would love to see what these wheels look like on a black sport. I'm looking for 22's for summer wheels and these look sharp. I also like the Edge sport wheels posted earlier.
Thanks

I think Tirerack.com has an interactive display showing the rims on your car. Not sure if they offer this exact model of rims though. But a good place to start. If not search for a different interactive wheel site.

heres a pic of my rock star 20s held next to the explorer, they are from my old jeep different bolt pattern
RSWheels.jpg

Go 22"

I like them, those are bad ass. But I looked around for a while and found that nothing looked quite right unless they were 22" for my 2011 Explorer. Everything else just didn't seem big enough. Too much rubber showing and not enough rim. Those rims might be a little too "pickup truck" for the explorer too and might make it look like the cops being black. The explorer has lines that are more liquid and slippery than chunky truck wheels.

Mind you that is just my opinion, my explorer is the grey one pictured above and you may find it not your taste either ha ha. I live in the city and sometimes I think everyone here is crazy anyways :D Honestly, just trying to be helpful not critical.

Explorer5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not a big fan of these. Not sure what it is. Too plain looking or something. To each their own. Not really liking the oversize wheels on the Explorer. Too bling and cheap looking. Just my opinion. I'm a fan of the Sport OEM wheels and black is the way to go. These ones you have don't flow with the lines of the vehicle. Too much emphasis is placed on them and not the vehicle. It should all flow together and one piece shouldn't take center stage. Well that's enough of that.:burnout:

Nice scenery

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Woops!

Ha ha I deserved that billyg900, now I'm gonna go kill myself... Just kidding, sorry dude, just though you were looking for feedback before you decide to put them on your truck. Didn't know you were set on them. They are bad ass, sometimes you can't really get the full just from a picture enless they are actually on the truck, Post more pics once they're on and I'm sure everyone will like them. :)

Back