Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

So flyleclair you bought a set of In channel vent visors and the rear or stick on I sure hope this is not what I get, it was my understanding that they were a set of in channel for all 4 window's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So flyleclair you bought a set of In channel vent visors and the rear or stick on I sure hope this is not what I get, it was my understanding that they were a set of in channel for all 4 window's.

No no no no..they are all in channel. The rear ones have a stick strip that hold them in the channel away from the window. You won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

Thanks for the picture's , they look great on your EX. still waiting for mine.

We have them on my wifes 2011. Best accessory hands down. When its hot outside you can vent the car by leaving the windows down an inch without anyone being able to tell, and youre still protected if there happens to be a freak summer thunderstorm.

Window and Bug Deflectors- Expert Advice, Tips, Videos & FAQ's

One of the first accessories added on a new vehicle are wind, rain and bug deflectors. They are affordable, functional and add style to any vehicle, but which one is right for you? To answer this question, we put together a user-friendly research guide on deflectors to help you understand the basics.

Now that you are armed with knowledge around deflectors, you can shop for the brand that you want with 1000's of customer reviews at your fingertips.

If you have any questions or comments, share them here. We love to learn and we hope you do too!

avs_window_deflector_hunting.jpg

egr_9629.jpg

No no no no..they are all in channel. The rear ones have a stick strip that hold them in the channel away from the window. You won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

Any added noise at speed with the vents?

Just as an fyi, I got the rain things for the windows. And while the in channel look better, they hit the windows BAD. I took em out, cut off the front part, and sanded down the part that goes inside the window track, and added a chamfer to help the window push them out of the way

Minimal noise, if any additional. But, if your window is cracked open at highway speed its a lot quieter because you don't get as much wind buffeting.

Looking for the vent visors made by Weather Tech and your site does not list them for the Ford Explore.
Thanks
David

Minimal noise, if any additional. But, if your window is cracked open at highway speed its a lot quieter because you don't get as much wind buffeting.

Exactly Edgieguy. They are great even when it's raining.

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know.

Looking for the vent visors made by Weather Tech and your site does not list them for the Ford Explore.
Thanks
David

Great catch! I sent over the request to add them to our site, should be up soon.

Window Vent Visor

Finally got my Weather Tech vent visors in for the Explorer's the wife's set came out great, mine went OK until I got to the passenger side the visor plastic is broken on the door pillar side, photos included, with it broken it prevents the window from closing it just keeps reversing.

9373BB0B-74FE-4326-AF4D-2775CB674777-2969-0000018E9DA8F3FA.jpg

C44BE322-9733-4C60-A1F5-7D90DFDF06C3-2969-0000018E9FA2043D.jpg

Good news just talked to WeatherTech and there sending out a replacement vent visor for the broken one. Great people to deal with.

Sounds like UPS damaged this item; because otherwise that material is very hard to break during normal usage. Have a safe and great Thanksgiving!

Please post some pics of the finished installation :) I've only seen the Ventshade models installed and I'd love to see how the Weathertechs compare

I ordered a set of these during the summer, and after 2 weeks I found out that they wouldn't have any more available until mid-November so I cancelled the order.

DIBeX when I called about the replacement they said they had plenty in stock. you might want to give another try, Will post pictures later.

Here is my EX with installed OEM TAPE-ON/ADHESIVE type window deflector kit:

Right Hand
IMG_6013.jpg

Left Hand
IMG_6014.jpg

The edge tab left a gap when installed between the mirror cover and rubber as instructed in the guide. I had to put rubber gasket maker to seal off the gap.
IMG_6015.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They sure do look sharp! dragonexplorer12

Back