Sync Applink? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

You guys all have great points. Applink is needed to be able to use GPS and Maps from your phone for those of us too cheap to buy NAV. What someone needs to do is figure out how to unlock MFT's potential. The NAV feature, apps, and even watching a movie from a usb drive. We're pretty sure Ford isn't going to do it. I wish a genius would take it upon themselves to jailbreak the system and make it available as an update for the rest of us! I would pay.

Umm, have you looked at the lockpick or video in motion systems?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have but from what I see they don't unlock the nav feature or do anything except let you see the backup cam when you're not backing up or watch movies via the standard def av cables while the vehicle is in motion. Havent seen any software for app sharing, additional programs able to be installed, or the factory nav being unlocked.

Well, Don't feel bad if the Exploder doesn't have it, the new Fusion doesnt either. Really sucks that the more expensive tech doesn't have the basics that the default SYNC does. The 2012 F150 has it, but the 2013 Fusion Hybrid, it aint got it, and I was very ticked after spending 20 minutes going through the entire menu only to find Myfordtouch does not have any applink.

so will this ever come? very disappointed to discover my new explorer wont play well with pandora!

I know I was being a bit of a smartass, but seriously.................

I know I was being a bit of a smartass, but seriously.................

I agree with you, seems like the priorities are screwed up and time could have been better spent, the 3.5.1 upgrade needed a lot more help...

BWAHAHAHA this is a proficient use of Ford's engineering man hours =P I have to assume they have a separate team for iOS development than for MFT, but still it just makes it look like priorities really are crooked.
They probably have summer interns working on things like this, but yeah completely agree with crooked priorities. Applink should have been out for mft in the spring, not still tbd.

Anybody know if there are any updates on a potential applink future?

I think it's the collective opinion here that the majority of resources should be focussed on a reliable version of MFT.

Even the latest v3.5.1 is unstable.

We should see some MFT announcements from Ford at CES in Las Vegas January 8-11th 2013

You have an underlying hardware issue.

I have had my APIM replaced 3 times, software reset, wiped and reloaded countless more times, and with 3.5.1 I still have problems with the interface freezing, locking up, slow, rebooting, etc.

So please tell me, with 3 APIM replacements, what additional underlying hardware issues might I have??? Another APIM?

So please tell me, with 3 APIM replacements, what additional underlying hardware issues might I have??? Another APIM?

No clue. How can some of us drive ours 7 days a week, using the phone, navi, climate, and entertainment and never have any issues....with the same software build? I have a 2011 and haven't seen a reboot since 2.11. I've never pulled the fuse or battery cable. What else can it be but hardware? 3.5.1 is fast, voice works 100% better.

No clue. How can some of us drive ours 7 days a week, using the phone, navi, climate, and entertainment and never have any issues....with the same software build? I have a 2011 and haven't seen a reboot since 2.11. I've never pulled the fuse or battery cable. What else can it be but hardware? 3.5.1 is fast, voice works 100% better.

You are seriously very lucky and Im envious, I want mine to work like that too. But after getting a 2013 full load Limited through a 2011 Lemon Law replacement, mostly based on MFT issues, Im still having issues.

My 2013 was built August 18th 2012, so it had the version before v3.5.1, dealer did the install and it worked great for a bout a month.

Just the other day I received a call while driving, the MFT phone GIU showed my iphone connected. The call was ringing through the Ex speakers and nothing showing on the MFT GUI. So I could not use the steering wheel controls to answer the call.

So I tried to answer on the iphone but couldnt because it was going through MFT but no audio after the ring. WTF? So I lost the call.

Loosing the call is minor compared to the driver distraction going on while I try and figure out whats going on at HWY speed.

Secondly the Bluetooth audio will work 100% one day and never connect the next day.

Third, I sometimes get text messages through MFT, and sometimes I don't Its hit and miss. More of an Apple issue but still.

Sirius Travel Link sometimes spins forever, I tried the "pop out the SD Nav card" and it fixed it for a day then back to spinning icons. I have a case started with Sirius Tech support and they have advised they are checking the issue.

Dont get me wrong, when it all works I love it, but stability or reliability are not words to describe MFT.

Maybe if I drove the vehicle once a week and my entire interaction with MFT was as simple as turning on the AM radio and turning up the volume, then I could say it works fine.

Same here. Not a hint of a problem, and I'm not on 3.5.1. Add me to the "7 days a week" club. :thumbsup:

Same here. Not a hint of a problem, and I'm not on 3.5.1. Add me to the "7 days a week" club. :thumbsup:

Holy crap! You've been using since 2.11 and never pulled a fuse? How is that possible?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy crap! You've been using since 2.11 and never pulled a fuse? How is that possible?

No... current installed version is 3.2.2. The only thing that happened so far was all my buttons turning orange after inserting a USB drive w/MP3s. This was fixed by pressing each button. No issues since then.

Back