New Navigation Card? (A4) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Im not getting the incoming iMessages or Text messages with iPhone5 v6.0.1 and MFTv3.5.1. Got one single iMessage the other day and then nothing since.

How unlike Apple to use a proprietary version of Message Access Protocol....LOL

My Apple Kool-Aid is starting to have a bitter taste to it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not getting the incoming iMessages or Text messages with iPhone5 v6.0.1 and MFTv3.5.1. Got one single iMessage the other day and then nothing since.

Did you turn on the "Show Notifications" option in the bluetooth connection on your phone?

Yes I actually did turn off/on "Show Notifications" a number of times.......I will try a Master Reset next and then battery pull to see if that helps.

iphone4S with latest iOS6 and MFT 3.5.1 is still working for receiving text messages. Still can not send....

Master Reset X2 along with removal of SYNC in iPhone BT settings page, re-pairing and still nothing.

Notifications on

Contacts on

How much will it cost me?

Hi, everyone!
... order a new SD card starting in early January. ...

Thanks for the info, I really enjoy your presence on this forum, kudos to Ford for reaching out to customers this way. Not sure if you can answer these questions, but will there be a charge for this new SD card I can order come January? And if I choose to have the dealer do the upgrade will there be a charge for it or is it covered under warranty? Finally, is the update I will be able to download from syncmyride.com the same as the V3.5.1 that is "out there" now? The one the dealers currently have (and some of the people on here who followed the link on the recent TSB).

I recently contacted my service rep about having the latest TSB covering the upgrade to 3.5.1 performed on my 2012 Explorer. He kind of suggested that Ford doesn't want him to "just do this because a customer requests it". I can see that Ford probably doesn't want to take the hit of paying all the dealers to preform this TSB. But that what happens when you start to participate in the software business.

Thanks for the info, I really enjoy your presence on this forum, kudos to Ford for reaching out to customers this way. Not sure if you can answer these questions, but will there be a charge for this new SD card I can order come January? And if I choose to have the dealer do the upgrade will there be a charge for it or is it covered under warranty? Finally, is the update I will be able to download from syncmyride.com the same as the V3.5.1 that is "out there" now? The one the dealers currently have (and some of the people on here who followed the link on the recent TSB).

I recently contacted my service rep about having the latest TSB covering the upgrade to 3.5.1 performed on my 2012 Explorer. He kind of suggested that Ford doesn't want him to "just do this because a customer requests it". I can see that Ford probably doesn't want to take the hit of paying all the dealers to preform this TSB. But that what happens when you start to participate in the software business.

You're welcome and thanks, tucker_bmd!

Yes, the update I was referring to is v3.5.1. There will be no charge for the SD card if you get it from your dealer or order it online, and the update is also free. While we want you to be able to do this from the comfort of your home, we encourage our dealers to perform the update should you want to go that route. :)

Rebecca

so I went to the dealer and they told me tsb 12-11-1 was out of date and there was a newer version...so after waiting 3 1/2 hours I ended up with ccpu 4.29.12285_product and nav 3.34.4 with a4 card. So did I get a newer version? Voice works without having to say radio first

so I went to the dealer and they told me tsb 12-11-1 was out of date and there was a newer version...so after waiting 3 1/2 hours I ended up with ccpu 4.29.12285_product and nav 3.34.4 with a4 card. So did I get a newer version? Voice works without having to say radio first

Yes, phareous, that is 3.5.1. :)

Rebecca

Is there a place on the screen where I can see the version number?

Not in your vehicle, but you should be able to see it on SYNCMyRide.com if your dealer reported the install. If they didn't, run a Vehicle Health Report and the website will update to 3.5.1. Send me your VIN, and I'll check our records when I get in on Monday.

Rebecca

Well it seems that my A4 maps are becoming more unstable for me as time goes on. Its already been reported that map zooming does not function properly and actually allow you to zoom. The other day MFT 3.5.1 rebooted on its own, but now I am occasionally getting "SD Card not recognized" with no Nav function. I have to pop out the SD card and reinsert it for it to reinitialize, and now my maps keep going blank. On my 40 minute drive into work this morning, screen went blank probably 30-40 times. It may be that it is just slow in processing the maps as I move and the map changes, but in the video below, it happened twice within 30 feet of movement. I wouldnt think the map would need to "refresh" that frequently in such a short distance.

Here is a small sample...

it happened twice within 30 feet of movement. I wouldnt think the map would need to "refresh" that frequently in such a short distance.

That seems pretty unreasonably slow. I definitely am not experiencing that kind of refresh rate on the new Sport. I still think they changed something in the hardware between the 2011 and 2013 because I have zero stability/speed issues now in the Sport (the 2011 XLT was unusable).

Now if they could only add AppLink, and fix the 42 bugs I'm currently experiencing (without introducing more in the process) ;)

*note*
I have not rebooted, or had the system reboot while I was present since installing 3.5.1 the day the TSB was released. It really has been that stable for me.

Anyone have the 3.5.1 Update showing up on their SMR Account yet? I have Nav by the way.

I have not rebooted, or had the system reboot while I was present since installing 3.5.1 the day the TSB was released. It really has been that stable for me.

You have no idea how jealous I am of those that have functioning systems.

The reboot the other day was the first since the 3.5.1 upgrade. Everything froze, then suddenly it reboot.....now everything is starting to slow down, some inputs beep, but nothing happens. It takes several presses before it responds, maps going blank, etc.........arrgggg....and a third new APIM was put in just before the 3.5.1 upgrade......

Anyone have the 3.5.1 Update showing up on their SMR Account yet? I have Nav by the way.

Yes. Had mine done by dealer last month and it showed up that day. I have MFT with Nav.

My Nav is doing the same things. Can't always zoom, zoom changes by it's self, Nav screen refreshes often.

Are you referring to the download or the updated version showing on your account?
I don't have the 'download' availability showing on mine but then I had the update done in early November and reported the successful install myself.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Nav is doing the same things. Can't always zoom, zoom changes by it's self, Nav screen refreshes often.
From the beginning I've never understood why some owners have zero or few problems with the MFT and others have one problem after another. The software program is the same for everyone as far as I know. The only difference may depend on whether you have Nav or not. I wonder if the problems are due to other demands that some people may be placing on the system. My MFT/Nav has been virtually trouble free since I picked the Ex up in March 2011.

Peter

Back