New Navigation Card? (A4) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Are you referring to the download or the updated version showing on your account?
I don't have the 'download' availability showing on mine but then I had the update done in early November and reported the successful install myself.

Peter

Was referring to the download...although after reading some of these horror stories, not sure if I want to update to 3.5.1 just yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3.5.2 and Nav card availablity on Ford site

WRT 3.5.1 and nav card being available for those of us that will upgrade sans dealer...I sent a note to the IVT team and Rebecca responded:

>Originally Posted by swkooter
>Hi gang,
>
>Any word on when version 3.5.1 and nav card will be available for ordering on line?
>
>I know its only the 7th, but it is January.
>
>>Hi, swkooter!
>>
>>I don't have an exact date for when it will be available, but it should be soon. I'd say within the next two weeks.
>>
>>Rebecca

From the beginning I've never understood why some owners have zero or few problems with the MFT and others have one problem after another. The software program is the same for everyone as far as I know. The only difference may depend on whether you have Nav or not. I wonder if the problems are due to other demands that some people may be placing on the system. My MFT/Nav has been virtually trouble free since I picked the Ex up in March 2011.

Peter

I agree with you. Think it's either Gremlins or Murphy and his law.
Concerning nav, the latest problems I was living with and only mentioned it when others had same problem so Ford can see it. It's a minor inconvience.
All I have to do is go to nav and it does it. Not imputing anything, no address, destination, nada. DroidX connected, Sirius and heat on. Nothing else to tax MFT or Nav.
I vote for gremlins. always thought they were kind of cute in that old kids movie.:D

From the beginning I've never understood why some owners have zero or few problems with the MFT and others have one problem after another. The software program is the same for everyone as far as I know. The only difference may depend on whether you have Nav or not. I wonder if the problems are due to other demands that some people may be placing on the system. My MFT/Nav has been virtually trouble free since I picked the Ex up in March 2011.

Peter

I believe there is a hardware difference (or defective hardware). I had a 2011 XLT, my ford touch was unusable. I had navigation, I used an iphone, and I had a usb stick for music. It used to reboot at least twice a week, and on many occasions twice a day while driving.

I use my '13 Sport in the exact same manner as the '11 XLT previously, and I have no issues (stability wise, there are still many small bugs, but at least I can use the system).

3.5.2 update and the ability to order a new A4 nav card now on my SMR page. Ordered a card which they claim will be sent to my home within 2 -3 business days and will download the update at that time. Looking forward to some of the updates and hopefully less bugs.

3.5.2 update and the ability to order a new A4 nav card now on my SMR page. Ordered a card which they claim will be sent to my home within 2 -3 business days and will download the update at that time. Looking forward to some of the updates and hopefully less bugs.

Interesting...I have 3.5.1 and no option on the site for 3.5.2

Interesting...I have 3.5.1 and no option on the site for 3.5.2

Same for me. I got all excited, then let down after I logged in to syncmyride.com.

I logged on to syncmyride and was alerted that I have an upgrade action to complete. Yippe skippy! Ordered A4 card. I saw no indication of the version number, but then again I did not actually go ahead and download the update yet. I'll follow up with a quick note when after I get the card and apply the upgrade.

My apologies to all, in my excitement when I looked at my SMR page, I incorrectly wrote down the wrong update number. My update is 3.5.1 the same as everyone else's

Ordered Card ....

arrived in 48 hrs via fed ex. Good sign? Let's hope so.

Ditto on the quick arrival of the card. Ordered Sunday night and the card was here when I arrived home from work (Wednesday). Looking forward to positive upgrade reports. I won't get a chance to do mine until the weekend.

Where do you look on SMR page to order new card? I cant find it

i believe for me it was kicked off by the site telling me I was eligible for an update. Dialog box's just moved me to the order page. Check your upgrade status.

Where do you look on SMR page to order new card? I cant find it

Hi, raleigh29!

After logging into your SYNC Account, click on SYNC UPDATES, then UPDATE MY SYNC. There will be two options that come up: Order a new SD card, and Download update. If you already have 3.5.1 installed, the website will not allow you to order a new SD card. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I purchased my new card from the dealership, how can I get reimbursed?

Your dealer charged you for a free upgrade? Post their name here. The bad publicity will be enough for you to get a refund.

Your dealer charged you for a free upgrade? Post their name here. The bad publicity will be enough for you to get a refund.

That depends... If someone went straight to Parts department and asked for the card then it is entirely their fault they got charged for it. They needed to get the card from a service advisor or service manager under a warranty claim. That's not to say they shouldn't be refunded their money, but it's possibly not the dealerships fault.

As 13Sport alluded to, this is a bit of a grey area. From what I understood of the original post, the dealer didn't do the upgrade, the owner did. I believe that is why the SMR site has a way of ordering the card for those that download and install the upgrade themselves.
I think there may have been a misunderstanding here and that a refund should be made.

Peter

Hi Rebecca,

I purchased my new card from the dealership, how can I get reimbursed?

Hi, Dutchman71!

Please send me a private message with: the dealership info, your approximate mileage, best contact phone number, and your first and last name. I'll see what I can do.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the worst service writer/department at Chapman Ford in Egg Harbor Twp., NJ. Rather then being stonewalled and being treated like an idiot I went and bought the thing and did the update myself.

It was well worth $80 not having to deal with the service department and leaving my car there for the day, just to find out that "no upgrade was needed, you're already on the latest version"

That being said, I should get my $80 back since I saved Ford the charges the dealership would have billed them for doing the upgrade..

Back