A Michigan Meet and Greet? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Michigan Meet and Greet?

I would be interested for sure. I don't care which park, all 3 of those are fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome anyone else interested? What parks the best? I'be never been. And I'm sure Kazer will be in

Marked in on the calendar, I'm in for sure. I think Mounds has the more "level 1" terrain, whereas Bundy is targeted more towards lockers and 35s or better. I've never been to Rocks and Valleys, so i'd say there or Mounds

R&V is the most challenging of the three. I would honestly say Bundy. We have tested plenty of rigs there, all 33s and under. Many of those guys were out for there first time and had a great time. The Mounds isn't a bad option either, but I've had a lot more fun at Bundy than the mounds. My vote is Bundy.

How's the terrain for smaller tires? I'm planning on only running my stock 29s and I'll just assume Brandon will still have stock size tires and Tyler(mytrac) is on stockers as well. I'm down for Bundy. Do we need a flag mount or anything?

There are tons of different terrains at Bundy. Plenty of trails, mud, open areas, hill climbs, and some small rocks. Most of the terrain is gravel and sand, but not deep loose sand like the dunes. I've seen plenty of stock vehicles out there on our trips, won't be an issue. Check out some of the YouTube videos, that will give you a good idea.

Okay. what time? I'll keep this post updated with who is confirmed going

Bundy Hill, Saturday March 30th. Confirmed Attending

KCameron13(Kerry)
Dersch6221992(Brandon)
Kazer(Steve)
Mytrac(Tyler)

Passengers
GTkid(Wes)

Maybes
rickybobby(Jesse)

I'm Kerry. My buddy Jay will most likely be coming with his Toyota as well.
I believe the park opens at 9 or 10, we usually get there around then.

sounds good guys. haha kazer didnt know your name was steve..... you were in my phone as kazer...
but this will be a good trip and if my income tax comes prior to the run i will have my 33's if not i will be on stock.... but i may just run stock to see how well i do in comparison.

are there any good rendezvous (spelling.... meeting) points? never been to bundy.... so lets shoot for 10 am.

do we need a flag for sure?? because i currently and flag and flag mountless.... also what cb channel? i will need to pic a new CB up and install it.

just and fyi if people dont realize that IS easter weekend. im out friday and sunday because of church stuff but i can do saturday still.... just a friendly reminder

thanks for the reminder brandon, i didnt realize. that makes it a lot more likely for me to have the weekend off, but still wont know till the thursday before

thanks for the reminder brandon, i didnt realize. that makes it a lot more likely for me to have the weekend off, but still wont know till the thursday before

sounds good you will be a maybe! what is your first name again :D

Bundy Hill, Saturday March 30th.

Confirmed Attending-
KCameron13 (Kerry)
Dersch6221992(Brandon)
Kazer(Steve)

Maybe-
Rickybobby (.....)

Ride Along-
TheGTKid (....)

Saturday is good for sure. As far as meeting points, just depends where everyone's coming from. Ill be coming from Plymouth. We take Michigan Ave pretty much straight there.
Flags are required, so you'll definitely want to get that set up. We usually run CB channel 23, but it doesn't matter to me.

im down for a ride along if anyone is cool with a ride along
i talk to steve and he said if there is an opening in his rig i can sit in but thats unsure
Ill see about getting some buddies to go out with you guys, but there is no promise
i bet i can get my buddy burt to go though!
i dont have a flag or flag mount so i cant take mine
plus my fun bucks is kinda low right now

Saturday is good for sure. As far as meeting points, just depends where everyone's coming from. Ill be coming from Plymouth. We take Michigan Ave pretty much straight there.
Flags are required, so you'll definitely want to get that set up. We usually run CB channel 23, but it doesn't matter to me.

2 part question. 1 where should i get a flag? (i may may may be able to take my brothers that was at home last time i checked but he may have taken it when he moved. 2. where can i get a mount/ whats best place to mount it?

Gt- i should have a spot open with me if you want to ride. i will be coming from lansing and kazer will be coming from saginaw so i imagine we may try and follow eachother down so we could maybe swing and pick u up?

I'll have room in the back seat in my explorer if no one has anything better you're welcome to ride along.

Wes there will be one seat open in my truck. My friend did back out. I updated my post above with one more person. I don't have a CB so I hope that's okay. I've got a flag mount already built but does the flag have to sit a certain height above the roof? And my mount puts it in front of the passenger headlight.

CB isn't a big deal at all. As long as the person in front and back have them that's all that matters. I don't think there's a height requirement on the flag, sounds like your location is perfect.

thanks guys for the support
if we all rally up at my house in parma it is just a 25 or so minute drive away
my house is the center of town here in this little podunk haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parma would be fine for me, but most of the group would have to drive past bundy to get there

Back