• Register Today It's free!

Insight on lowering explorer?

Flingueur

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Has any body lowered their Explorer on here?? Is there any pros/cons?? I'm looking for around 2" lowered, I don't want it on the ground just to reduce the gap.

Here is a stock photo of my car tell me what you would reccomend.

20g1z0j.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ground force springs...you can use many shocks as others on here used but i had the kyb struts with ground force springs

What all do i need to do this i want front and back lowered. I'm reading through and i see so many suggestions I'm not sure what i need

Whatever you do, I advise getting new shocks and not reusing the old ones.

My shocks were shot and the ride was downright scary. So when I replaced the shocks, I trimmed 1.5 coils off to lower it a smidge. The ride is 100x's better and the stance has improved as well. It doesn't look "lowered" but more leveled out.

Edit: I used the Monroe Reflex shocks from Rockauto.com.

Whatever you do, I advise getting new shocks and not reusing the old ones.

My shocks were shot and the ride was downright scary. So when I replaced the shocks, I trimmed 1.5 coils off to lower it a smidge. The ride is 100x's better and the stance has improved as well. It doesn't look "lowered" but more leveled out.

Edit: I used the Monroe Reflex shocks from Rockauto.com.

That's the answer i was looking for! Thanks so much for everyones help!

ground force springs...you can use many shocks as others on here used but i had the kyb struts with ground force springs

here are a couple pics of this setup he had with stock rims and tires, i now own the truck.

blackexplorer003_zpsab0e638a.jpg

blackexplorer005_zpsfa20dd13.jpg

Nice, might be getting some 18" Saleens to put on to!

here are a couple pics of this setup he had with stock rims and tires, i now own the truck.

blackexplorer003_zpsab0e638a.jpg

blackexplorer005_zpsfa20dd13.jpg

is this drop with the ground force springs?
or did you cut

Back