Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 237 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hay everyone im new member. but got allot of good advice from the site finally decided to sign up. i got a 2005 ford explorer i put 265 bf all terrain tires, HID, super 40 flowmaster, everything looks great on the car but i want to put running boards not sure to but the flush plastic ones or metal ones that stick out a little, and i average around 11 mpg if anyone knows how to make that better i know a cold air intake. where can i get the best price for one. and also might ad a roof rack but if do it would be just for looks don't know if its worth it.

Welcome! Is yours a 4.0l or the 4.6l. They don't make an air intake for the 04/05 but there are some things you can do. like here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296439
or you can mod a intake for a 02/03 like I did here
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298477

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new 265 75 16r tire from Treadwright
image-1.jpg

Got a package in the mail today. Hopefully I can knock both headlights out tomorrow along with a how to.

20130219224402.jpg

Morimoto Mini H1? Ive been considering this since i put in my hids but can never bring myself to buy them haha hopefully your write up finally convinces me to just buy the damn things

Yup those are the ones. They really make a huge difference. Not only do they put more light in the right places but I literally haven't gotten flashed once since doing them. I used to get flashed several times a week.

Second post here....

Just got my Explorer a couple months ago and am finally starting to make a few changes. Got my new tires this week and added a few parts to the rack. Next step will be a brush guard and some additional lights. Shots here a from a family bike ride this afternoon.

explorer1.jpg

explorer2.jpg

explorer3.jpg

Second post here....

Just got my Explorer a couple months ago and am finally starting to make a few changes. Got my new tires this week and added a few parts to the rack. Next step will be a brush guard and some additional lights. Shots here a from a family bike ride this afternoon.

Looks good. :D:thumbsup:

How do you like the ride with the BFG's? How about noise when on the highway?

I'm thinking about getting a set when I need new sneakers.

Thanks!

I've had them on a few other trucks as well and love them. Have not heard any
noticeable noise yet, but will be doing a 1,200 mile trip this weekend and will know for sure by Sunday night. The one thing I have noticed is that it's a tad sluggish off the line now, but otherwise the ride is great.

My wife drove it yesterday and even she commented on much better it drove with the new tires.

Thanks, good to know. Last experience I had with the BFG's was on my Bronco and they were Mud Terrains.

Good luck on the trip!

2003 XLT 4x4 4.0V6 198,000 miles. Exterior highlights: 2006-up side mirros, 2007 Sport Trac Limited wheels, 2006-up taillight conversion, clear turn signals.
2d2jae1.jpg

10wuudk.jpg

fldp9t.jpg

Look what I did last weekend!

-MMR Stage 2 PI heads
-Comp Cams Stage 1 billet camshaft & springs
-MMR 30lb injectors
-Ported Bullitt intake manifold
-70mm Bullitt throttle body
-New Ford blue valve covers
-EGR system delete
-PCV system delete
-Installed breather filters on valve covers
-Motorcraft Plugs
-Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic 5W-30 & K&N filter

The stage 2 heads I got from my neighbor who is going to stage 3 and a new Kenne Bell. Camshafts, springs and injectors I ordered from MMR. The Bullitt intake I bought from a guy on a mustang forum and came with just about everything I needed for the swap.

There is a lot to do yet.

My throttle cable bracket is all kinds of rednecked and being spaced back with a piece of metal ruler. So I need to fab up a new bracket. My cruise control cable is also not attached at the moment.

Yes, that is painters tape on my intake until I can figure out how I want to mount it.

I'm also getting codes for my EGR but I was expecting that. I'll be getting it tuned out in the coming weeks. Then all that's left is to clean everything up really well.

I should gain 45-50hp from the heads and 20-25hp from the intake. I think the tune should bring me a few more horses too.

I'll be doing a How-To for the intake swap.

So what do you think?

89D-92CD46DB671E-5820-00000550C32EE28B_zps78f6715a.jpg
EF3-A8593A140FE8-5820-00000550B61AD2B1_zps775c83e9.jpg
05C-C98CCC99E4F6-5820-00000550AD8C0880_zps388bb17d.jpg

YOU DID IT!!!!!!! I was wondering how the Bullitt intake manifold was working out but you ended up doing even more more!!! How's she run?

YOU DID IT!!!!!!! I was wondering how the Bullitt intake manifold was working out but you ended up doing even more more!!! How's she run?

Like hell until yesterday. One of the injectors I bought was shot but the guys at MMR overnighted me a new one. It's still a little rough but my tune will fix that. I also have to get a new solenoid pack for my transmission so I haven't been able to beat up on it just yet. I did spin the tires twice during the test drive around the block :D

IIRC he is not running spacers in the rear just front.

Second post here....

explorer1.jpg

explorer2.jpg

explorer3.jpg

Be careful on them mountain bikes. Take it from a previous addicted biker.

Ive just upgraded my wheels and tires, but on the agenda for this year are new lights all around, and a lift :D I am not always sure my husband likes me hanging out here, because I always find a new idea lol

20130304_131032_zps8ebaa45d.jpg

Let him join in. It's like a disease. Buy him a cheap 1st gen and tell him to sign up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I added some Lightforce off road lights. The are pretty bright

Attachments

• truck 2.JPG
    truck 2.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 2,912

Back