Easy question: 97 Explorer=97 Mountaineer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy question: 97 Explorer=97 Mountaineer?

dbell262

Reaction score
City, State
Rome, Ga.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
As previously noted, I recently bought a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer. It is in sound mechanical shape, with only 64K miles, but because it sat for a while the interior has some minor mold issues.

However, I just met a guy who has a 97 Explorer that he is parting out, and the interior looks great (plus it's leather, whereas I have cloth).

My question is, are the parts for the Mountaineer and the Explorer interchangeable? I have gotten conflicting answers elsewhere, so I figure you folks would know.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easy answer: Yes.

You may find some differences in options... Power seats, fog light switch, radio controls on the steering wheel, etc. But for the most part, its all the same.

as stated, other than how optioned, they're are identical... i own 2 of each.

as stated, other than how optioned, they're are identical... i own 2 of each.

You ever posted a pic of all 4 of them together??

You ever posted a pic of all 4 of them together??

i have good pictures, but i'm not and Elite Explorer so i can't post pics. i cycle pics of each as my profile photo ('00 Mountaineer AWD currently). i understand i can use photo bucket, but i haven't figured out how to use it. if you want to PM me i'd be happy to email you some pics of the fleet. -koda

Thanks! I appreciate the responses.

i have good pictures, but i'm not and Elite Explorer so i can't post pics. i cycle pics of each as my profile photo ('00 Mountaineer AWD currently). i understand i can use photo bucket, but i haven't figured out how to use it. if you want to PM me i'd be happy to email you some pics of the fleet. -koda

Hey i just sent you a pm.

Back