Need Community Help/Advice with my Sport Issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Community Help/Advice with my Sport Issue

This isn't an issue like the power steering that a part is on back order and may take 4-6 weeks. If that was the problem, I would patiently wait. This is a gremlin that no one has been able to pinpoint in a month and a gremlin that requires the whole interior to be ripped out.

Unacceptable to me on a brand new vehicle... a 2 year old vehicle, OK, maybe but not something that is 1-2 months old.

I would fight for a new vehicle and you WILL win if you go the lemon law route.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This isn't an issue like the power steering that a part is on back order and may take 4-6 weeks. If that was the problem, I would patiently wait. This is a gremlin that no one has been able to pinpoint in a month and a gremlin that requires the whole interior to be ripped out.

Unacceptable to me on a brand new vehicle... a 2 year old vehicle, OK, maybe but not something that is 1-2 months old.

I would fight for a new vehicle and you WILL win if you go the lemon law route.

I agree, it definetly seems like a gremlin in the wiring somewhere. The vehicle was less than 90 days old when dropped off, way too soon to have the entire interior taken out and re-assembled. I definetly think I gave a reasonable amount of time to fix the issue. I'm going to push/fight for a new vehicle, we'll see how it plays out given that the law is clearly on my side.

If you're going the lemon law route as I said before the longer you wait the more it cost. Most states you will be charged for the miles on the odometer as a percentage of the expected life of the vehicle. So the more miles you have on the car the more you will have to pay for a replacement or less you will get in a buyback .Please do you own research for your state so that you will know what to expect.

As today is day 31, the official lemon law letter required by the state of Ohio has been sent to Ford. Lets hope the process isn't too painful....

A little update for everyone. Today starts the 39th consecutive day without my vehicle. The Ford CSR I had been dealing with stated they can no longer assist me as I've involved the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully the BBB can assist me and I don't have to go to court over this.

Words cannot express my dissapointment with how Ford has treated me as a customer thus far. I would have thought 4 new vehicle purchases from Ford over the past 5 years would have helped the situation. All I want is a replacement vehicle that is free of the issue, not a refund.

Here a few pics for everyone to enjoy of what my Explorer currently looks like. Keep in mind this vehicle has less than 5,000 miles and not even 120 days old and also remember there is no guarantee this process will fix the problem either....

2013-03-08145955.jpg

2013-03-11162035.jpg

Wow. Definately a picture worth a 1000 words. I hope this works out for you and certainly understandable about your feelings. I would not want it back either with that much replacement and length of time you have endured. I was hoping this would have been fixed for you by now since I posted last in your thread.

It truly is a wow factor photo. Good luck guy. This is one decision I agree with from a customer. Send that photo to the BBB. They won't really be able to help and when you bought the truck did you sign an arbitration contract with the dealer?

I had a 2011 Cadillac (CTS-V) and there was a noise in the transmission with under 2500 miles on the engine. They kept my car for over 30 days and had GM engineers come out to figure out what was going on. I had a loaner the entire time but when all was said and done, and they finally figured out what was wrong (they were starting to doubt they would find an issue or its root cause), they returned the car to me good as new and offered to make one month's payment. Unfortunately I owned my car so a payment would do me no good, but instead, they offered to extend my warranty by 2 years. I felt satisfied with the compensation they offered. Hopefully Ford tries to do something similar for you or at least know what I was offered by GM to use that as bargaining advice on your current vehicle or the replacement.

By looking at those pictures though, I just can't imagine that they can reverse what they've done back to factory specs. It just feels like without the actual tools at the factory or process they use to build it, that the integrity of the vehicle will never be the same.

Good luck!!!!

Unbelievable. They really need to pull their heads out of their bums. Don't take that vehicle back just out of principle. See your lemon law case to the end. You'll win.

You are effin kidding me! I would not accept that mess back. Glad you are going the lemon law route.

Just curious, what, if anything has happened with your lemon law claim.

You are not over reacting ....... This is what I have experienced with my 2012 Explorer as well as my 2010 Fusion. You will get the run around and unanswered letters to corporate regarding your complaint. They "Escalate" and call their "Hot Line" and nothing comes of it. I feel your pain, but besides posting how lousy the product is, I feel that their intent is just to wear you down. I will keep this treatment in mind when I shop for another vehicle.

What surprises me is there comment about not being able to help since you contacted the BBB. BBB is there as a middle man to assist in getting help. If you went through an attorney, I can see that answer.. but not with the BBB.

And with that picture.. you have a sure win with the lemon law.. that is priceless.. No way in hell would I want that vehicle back.

Lemon law it, I did, and even if you don't get a new vehicle, you can get them to fix it somehow and get some sort of compensation. Depending on how easy it is to sue automobile manufactures in your area, you can get a pretty good compensation. Just go find a lemonlaw firm. I just found mine by searching online. It worked out really well for me personally.

Unacceptable! I cannot believe those pics! Ford has got to be kidding on this one! You think you had a noise issue before? Wait until they put all those parts back together again. I would NOT accept the truck even with compensation ......... Man, I thought my truck was a problem ......... Yours makes it appear to be a gem! Good luck in regards to this ........ And share these posts with the BBB as well ........ I'm sure they would appreciate our input into your dilemma as well.

I have seen the same at my dealership in yonker someone had an issue with the main harness and they took the whole ex apart just like that one but the tech guy there working on that one is an awesome tech he is very very good. While yours is being fixed the courts, lemon law has to give them a chance to fix it so you might still have to keep this one...! Sad to say

Thought I'd give everyone an update:

I did get the vehicle back after 45 days of the dealership having it. Within hours of having the vehicle back interior trim pieces were already popping out of place with broken tabs and such. I have a horrendous air leak and even more MFT issues than I thought possible! Not to mention the vehicle smells horrid from sitting in a repair shop for 45 days with half the doors open -- so much for my "new car smell." Everyone seemed to think this was not a big deal and that I was over-reacting....until they see the pictures!

Ford ignored my certified lemon law letter I sent to them. The regional CSR was of no help whatsoever. If anything, I'd say they were a hinderance. The mis-communication between my regional CSR and my dealership was horrid. I truly did feel bad for the dealership that I had even gotten the regional CSR involved when I saw the results.

The BBB offered no assistance at all. They seemed to be on my side at first, however, their tone changed quickly the next few times I talked to them. I should've realized this would be the case given their program is paid for by the manufacturers.

I did hire an attorney that specializes in lemon law claims. The lawsuit has been filed so we'll see where it goes from here.

My biggest gripe about this whole situation is the way I was treated by Ford's corporate level people. Crystal is the only person at the Ford level that truly seemed willing to help. My family as a whole has purchased many Ford vehicles over the years, they don't care. I used to reccomend Ford vehicles to friends and family. I'll still reccomend Ford but with a huge *Ford vehicles are great, until you have an issue that requires elevation above your dealership level.

I truly did love this vehicle, but, why should I have to continually deal with the after effects of what they did to fix the vehicle and constantly take it back to be fixed? I shouldn't just "deal with it." I bought a new vehicle, not a used one. I really do hope Ford makes this right and just replaces the vehicle...

Thanks. Keep us updated.

Just curious, did they actually fix the problem with all that mess now? I'd still fight for a new car regardless which you are obviously doing..

Also, and by no means am I defending Ford, but I think just about every manufacturer would fight tooth and nail to prevent a lemon law unless forced to. Regardless of what is the right thing to do, they don't want to eat a $50,000 vehicle and by being "difficult", I'm sure they hope people will just go away (some do).

You are doing the right thing, you are a perfect case for a lemon law.. keep fighting!! You will be made whole I'm sure.

Just curious, did they actually fix the problem with all that mess now? I'd still fight for a new car regardless which you are obviously doing..

Also, and by no means am I defending Ford, but I think just about every manufacturer would fight tooth and nail to prevent a lemon law unless forced to. Regardless of what is the right thing to do, they don't want to eat a $50,000 vehicle and by being "difficult", I'm sure they hope people will just go away (some do).

You are doing the right thing, you are a perfect case for a lemon law.. keep fighting!! You will be made whole I'm sure.

This did actually fix the problem. They don't know if it was the dash harness or the body harness that fixed the problem since they replaced both. It fixed the problem, but at a very high cost in terms of the after effects I'm dealing with now which I expected.

The attorney I hired said it best, "Ford isn't in the business of buying back cars." I figure for ever 10 people that try lemon law, 6 or 7 give up due to Ford ignoring them and they don't want the hassle of getting an attorney.

Thankfully I do live in Ohio with some very consumer friendly lemon laws. We shall see how this plays out. I can't imagine Ford would want this to go to a trial and would rather settle before that point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This did actually fix the problem. They don't know if it was the dash harness or the body harness that fixed the problem since they replaced both. It fixed the problem, but at a very high cost in terms of the after effects I'm dealing with now which I expected.

The attorney I hired said it best, "Ford isn't in the business of buying back cars." I figure for ever 10 people that try lemon law, 6 or 7 give up due to Ford ignoring them and they don't want the hassle of getting an attorney.

Thankfully I do live in Ohio with some very consumer friendly lemon laws. We shall see how this plays out. I can't imagine Ford would want this to go to a trial and would rather settle before that point.

There have been numerous cases where Ford and/or other automakers wait till the morning of the court date to settle it. They will not pay for their attorneys to travel to courtwhen they know they will lose. The laws are clear and they know it. All stall tactics like you say.

Back