HID's Worth It? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID's Worth It?

Awesome FIND...lol...

I say if you like them run them I have HID's in my stock 02 Ram headlights and I love them. The wife hates them and won't drive my truck at night... WIN...lol...

Awesome FIND...lol...

I say if you like them run them I have HID's in my stock 02 Ram headlights and I love them. The wife hates them and won't drive my truck at night... WIN...lol...

It should be less about how you feel about your headlights and more about how everyone else on the road feels

I know this thread is dying and replys havent been posted lately but heses some pics of my 8000k HID's
IMAG0150_zpsc756b7b7.jpg

50d32a86-a32c-4e4d-9ace-8d6258a62767_zps2132763e.jpg

IMAG0117_zps5d5a3d00.jpg

Someone who is against hids in regular housings please explain to me how you dont think projectors are just as annoying as hids.

Picture this..... only looking in your rearview or side view mirror and there is a car with projectors behind you. say the road is hilly or bumpy, every time the person behind you hits a bump or goes up the top of the hill as you are going down their lights with there "all mighty cut off beam" will be flickering in your car/truck lighting it up like a light show.

Now picture that "idiot" you hate with hids in a halogen housing. Every time they hit the same bump or hill the light is not changing and flickering, this is becuase the beam pattern is covering a wider area. sure it might be bright and annoying but its not like the projectors where its like a dj's light show in your car.

The same goes for an oncoming car. Where i live there are no flat roads. so you have a car coming over the hill with projectors towards you and they blind you at first, then you can see, then they hit a bump and then your blind again that to me is more annoying than regular hids in a halogen housing.

i could kiss you for this. Had a friend who didn't know my area following me everywhere and he's got projector retrofits. They're nice, yes. But annoying as all get out

Back