For Sale - Ubolt & Shock Skidplates | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Ubolt & Shock Skidplates

I have a pair of brand new U-bolt and shock skid plates specifaclly made for the rear of a 1st or 2nd gen Explorer. They are 1/4" plate and protect your u-bolts and raise the shocks up a few inches. These are made for 5/8" U-bolts which are bigger than the stock ones so if you dont have 5/8" ubolts now would be the time to upgrade. These may cause shock to swaybar mount interference so shocks should be mounted body side up or if you have removed the rear swaybar it is a non-issue. Also note these raise the shock up 2"-3" so shock length could be an issue depending on your lift and shock length.

Current price for a pair is $215 shipped to the US due to the high cost of steel right now.

attachment.php

ubolt skids (1).JPG

ubolt skids (2).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He said he made them.

Yeah, I got so excited I just kinda skimmed through it. They look pretty much identical to the warrior ones though.

Edit: Never mind, no they don't. These look way beefier. Maybe I mixed up seeing these in another thread and the warrior ones.

These are not Warriors as you already mentioned. These are designed and built specifically for an Explorer where the Warriors are more of a universal design with a screw in shock mount.

Returning your PM shortly...

:notworthy:biggthump

Man if I wasn't doing my SAS, SOA I'd be all over these. As always awesome design and craftsmanship Brian.

I feel honored to have a set of these made by Brian on my rig. These things are great! I have so much peace of mind with the shocks up out of the way like they are using these. Being multi purpose, (skids, bolt protection, shock relocation) these have so much bang for the buck with a simple bolt on application.

Stock U-bolts

installedleft.jpg

5/8" U-bolts a couple years later

uboltupgradeinstalled.jpg

Notice the rig has been "Used" a bit, and they take whatever is thrown at them. :thumbsup:

Yeah, protection for the ubolts and shocks is understated, but needed. Plus, if they move the shocks up 2-3", that means I should be able to use stock length rear shocks with the Superlift, right? So the 9000 series Ranchos should work perfectly.

Plus, if they move the shocks up 2-3", that means I should be able to use stock length rear shocks with the Superlift, right?

Yes, if the lift is about 2"-4" max they will work great with stock length shocks but it is always wise to measure and make sure.

Thanks gman and midnight for the compliments! This set sold to Obie, shipping out tomorrow.

I may make more of these at a later date but for now this is the only pair I have and it is sold.

Depending how much lift your rear leaf packs have, if you use the sway bar, & if you use limit straps. ;)

Basically, you just need to measure your articulation of the rear, then find a shock length to suit your needs.

I know you'd have a bunch of members from the ST section buying these if you made more.

Brian, any chance I could order another set, but have these without relocating the shock? I wanna install a set on the Sport Trac I just got, and since I'm not gonna do the Superlift on it I don't want to shorten my shocks that much.

Oh, and sorry that it took FedEx so long to actually pick up your package, the guys in my shipping department at work forgot to give it to them Friday. But it should be there for you Thursday.

Sale pending on a pair to suicide77, still have 1 pair unspoken for

Brian, any chance I could order another set, but have these without relocating the shock? I wanna install a set on the Sport Trac I just got, and since I'm not gonna do the Superlift on it I don't want to shorten my shocks that much.

Oh, and sorry that it took FedEx so long to actually pick up your package, the guys in my shipping department at work forgot to give it to them Friday. But it should be there for you Thursday.

No worries! I cut the pieces for the bar pin elims today, once I get more time I will get those finished up and can probably send them out in the same box as the skids - Sure I think I can make some with close to the stock shock location. Measure vertically from the shock bolt centerline to the top of the plate where the leaf spring sits. I dont have any stock ones to work from so I just need that measurement.

Sure thing, I'll do that tomorrow when I change the shocks out.

Oh, for future reference for everyone, round bend 5/8" thread by 3 1/4" inside width by 6 3/4 or 7" leg length will be the correct size for the bigger ones. You could probably even do 6 1/2" or 6 1/4" as there is a lot of thread after the plate, but I haven't tested those.

And you're absolutely correct Midnight :D

Hey Brian. I'd like a set of of these. Sent you a PM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my second set in from him a little while ago, slightly different. These were set for stock shock mounting height for the Trac. I just gotta get 'em powdercoated. I'm considering having them powdercoated in redfire to match the body. I kinda wanna have some of the bits and bobs of the suspension all done up like that.

Back