3rd gen pic's | Page 240 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about the trim? Yeah I either want to paint it to match the body, or black. Im about to restore it to get the oxidization/fade out.

Yeah, the trim.
A few cans of Krylon will change the entire truck. One of the best things I did for my Ex was that.

Yeah, the trim.
A few cans of Krylon will change the entire truck. One of the best things I did for my Ex was that.

I'm just worried that I wont do a good job on it, or ill get paint on the body even if I tape it off.

I'm just worried that I wont do a good job on it, or ill get paint on the body even if I tape it off.

The plastic takes the Krylon really well, and just use a lot of news paper and more tape.

BTF 2.25 front 1.75 rear strut spacers, 33X12.5X15 BFG Mud Terrains on DEEP streetlock rims with 1.25 inch spacers with quite a bit of trimming. Thing sits like a pitbull, looks mean.

photo_1.png

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_4.jpg

Loks good. what is your overall offset on your wheel set up? And are they true 33s, im wondering what id have to do to get some 265/70/18 (32.6s) under mine?

idk for sure if its possible but i think it might work...

who would like to trade the whole front end of your 3rd gen expo for my Sport Trac front end (which is the same as the 2dr expo)? from the research that i have done we would trade hoods, bumpers, grill, and just the corners of the headlights. i would prefer to trade with a white expo but i woudnt turn down any other color. i enjoy being the only pre-runner ST at the desert but i would really like to be the only ST with a different face! and you can be the only 4dr expo with the 2dr look (or the "limited edition 4dr" 2dr expo). haha.

the wreching yards around here dont have newer models yet and i dont want to buy new stuff and store or throw away my stock stuff. i'm located in long beach SoCal so post up if interested or pm me. thx.

heres a pic just incase you need to see it
DSC_0150_zpsfdd8db91.jpg

idk for sure if its possible but i think it might work...

who would like to trade the whole front end of your 3rd gen expo for my Sport Trac front end (which is the same as the 2dr expo)? from the research that i have done we would trade hoods, bumpers, grill, and just the corners of the headlights. i would prefer to trade with a white expo but i woudnt turn down any other color. i enjoy being the only pre-runner ST at the desert but i would really like to be the only ST with a different face! and you can be the only 4dr expo with the 2dr look (or the "limited edition 4dr" 2dr expo). haha.

the wreching yards around here dont have newer models yet and i dont want to buy new stuff and store or throw away my stock stuff. i'm located in long beach SoCal so post up if interested or pm me. thx.

heres a pic just incase you need to see it
DSC_0150_zpsfdd8db91.jpg

Truck looks great!!!

One thing though, I'm 99.9% sure a 3rd gen front end will not swap onto your gen of Sport Trac since it is based off the Ranger, which doesn't really share anything with the 3rd gen Explorer. But hey, I've been wrong before.

I'd recommend you start another thread and if you need measurements for the hood width or whatever, I'd be willing to help as much as possible.

Demo! Your truck looks so good and sleeper! Why change? :)

wheels im going to get

img_0736.jpg

theyre gonna be 18s. Man am i ready for this set up to be on my black limited!

Thanks limited02

Demo! Your truck looks so good and sleeper! Why change? :)

It'll still be sleeper. There's more ST's being built now and if I'm able to swap the front end out it'll be more unique without a crazy one piece.

some updated pics.

w/ roof rack installed

w/ front 1.5" lift installed

w/ 1.5" lift installed all around

Next AT tires either 285/70R17 or 265/70 R17

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Truck is looking good!!! Are you going to paint that trim black next?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Truck is looking good!!! Are you going to paint that trim black next?

Thanks, no i will leave the trim the same color, however I will put a black billet grill, replace front bumper with a custom Prerunner, and replace side steps with custom sliders.

That will all look good! be sure to post plenty of pics!

sorry spam everyone i keep forgetting things i wanted to add! im looking for some of these running boards
img_11291461_00.jpg
i am willing to purchase them, trade for the tube ones of my ex or willing to accept very kind donations!!! :D and how would i paint these and the insert in the back bumper that matches? just normal paint? people say that with normal paint it will just wear off with people touching and stepping.

thanks again!

Hey i took those exact ones off my exploder about 4 years ago! and had them for sale for 6 months before i umm... "donated" them in a dumpster because i was moving. 4 years too late man! haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good answer. I was going to say Narnia...

Back