Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 241 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hahaha right. Could you see them shaking with excitement? The 2 revs at the end is what the clip is really for...

Hahaha right. Could you see them shaking with excitement? The 2 revs at the end is what the clip is really for...

Can I have my 41 seconds back? lol jk sounds good... wish mine sounded like that but it won't with the 4.0!

Can I have my 41 seconds back? lol jk sounds good... wish mine sounded like that but it won't with the 4.0!

Be honest now, we've ALL wasted WAY more time with much stupider things on here :D

I finally gave the Explorer a much needed bath, but it still needs a proper detail/paint correction to get the road tar/scratches off. Also, I trimmed the coil springs when I put new struts on and it lowered it a smidge... Got a new phone that takes HDR photos and I thought these turned out cool:
IMAG0104_1_zpsdae5d48e.jpg

IMAG0105_1_zps45bdbdbc.jpg

IMAG0109_1_zps7439dfe3.jpg

:thumbsup:

Got the tires and wheels all i need is a lift
CAM02064_zps67e398e2.jpg

CAM02066_zps0a1a0ad5.jpg

Yeah there is slight rub on the back of the wheel well at full turn and only at half turn on the front ( once you get past half turn no rub on front of the wheel. VEry minimal on both) and its only because of where the wheel well plasticks kick out on the outside bottom. 265/70/18 (32.64 x 10.7) toyo open country at 2s on 18x9 dropstars +10 offset .

Yeah there is slight rub on the back of the wheel well at full turn and only at half turn on the front ( once you get past half turn no rub on front of the wheel. VEry minimal on both) and its only because of where the wheel well plasticks kick out on the outside bottom. 265/70/18 (32.64 x 10.7) toyo open country at 2s on 18x9 dropstars +10 offset .

looks good... those tires look massive on there! (look like 34x11's)

thanks! yeah I second guessed myself pretty bad when I first saw them next to the truck. tire shop wouldn't leave them on so I had to put them on a the house :fire:. and man does it seem to handle 10x better now. no rocking back and forth on turns, steering feels tight etc, I love it.

image2_zpse93aad11.jpg

My girl so far

So far...

BTF Spacer Lift 2.25" front & 1.75" rear.
265/70/16 Hankook Dynapro ATM

1.5" Body Lift coming next week as well as 33" Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs or BFG Mud Terrain cant decide..
919ohj.jpg

got a chance to clean up the exploder today, meguiar's nxt is the best wax ever

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

little update...put the roof rack back on, got the hitch rack setup for fishing...last but not least snagged some 17" Cobra R's wrapped in Goodyear 265 70r17 MTs. just enough so i don't even have to air down when going 4 wheeling at the drive on beaches here, even with 7 passengers + full rear rack

picking up a Thule roof basket from craigslist this week and awaiting a few LED 100w equivalent spotlights for behind the grill :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-3.jpg

little update...put the roof rack back on, got the hitch rack setup for fishing...last but not least snagged some 17" Cobra R's wrapped in Goodyear 265 70r17 MTs. just enough so i don't even have to air down when going 4 wheeling at the drive on beaches here, even with 7 passengers + full rear rack

picking up a Thule roof basket from craigslist this week and awaiting a few LED 100w equivalent spotlights for behind the grill :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-3.jpg

Good call on the Thule, I have one and love it.

Hey everyone! New member here and wanted to show off my ride! It's a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer with about 165K miles. It has the BTF Lift on it with 365/75/R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrains. I'm hoping to order the BTF Control Arms soon, then new struts and bigger tires!
ahpu.jpg

kntv.jpg

iib6.jpg

I plasti-dipped the front grill and the little plastic underneath it black, and the taillight covers! I've ordered a lightbar to go into the slot at the bottom. The fog lights have also been changed to a 55W Amber bulbs.
y8rs.jpg

Lastly, I took out the stock radio and put in a Pioneer touchscreen.

Thanks for checking it out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back