Anybody like this one?

jremington59

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Watertown, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997, 99 and 2000 5.0's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope- it says "does not show any signs of collision damage" but the pinstripe goes all the way around the back, and the V8 emblems are way too high. I think the whole truck has been repainted.

I had a dealer friend run a carfax and it doesn't show any accidents. Are you sure the emblem is to high? My 97 emblem sits at the top of the wheel well like this one does.

Yup, too high. :)

explorer.jpg

2000_ford_explorer_eddie_bauer_awd_4_door_5_0l_v8_142k_for_5_400_21414697.jpg

2000%20Ford%20Explorer%20Eddie%20Bauer.JPG

The stripe is wrong too. They either ended at the tailgate, swept up the D-pillar on the Eddie Bauer:

1083604_2_1174110966.jpg

...or down around the taillights on the gate on the Limited.
It's been re-striped...

Tires are mismatched too.

Carfax isn't infallible, they even had to put in their info "nobody knows everything..." after they got sued. :)

You may be right Joe.

Still seems reasonable.

Nope- it says "does not show any signs of collision damage" but the pinstripe goes all the way around the back, and the V8 emblems are way too high. I think the whole truck has been repainted.

Could've been repainted. Bumpers don't look as good as the paint does.

Could've been repainted. Bumpers don't look as good as the paint does.

Still seems reasonable.

Definitely. Very clean truck. Could have been restriped at some point, the tape does eventually start to peel and chip.

Hey just saw this thread look real close lots of sand its from Jersey I bet its a flood car from the hurricane!

Hey just saw this thread look real close lots of sand its from Jersey I bet its a flood car from the hurricane!

That should definitely reflect on the carfax report. The guys offered a 30 day drivetrain warranty with it.

holy pictures batman.
+1 on the v8 emblem being to high

Not if it isn't reported to carfax. Carfax isn't the be-all, end-all. Lots of stuff never gets reported to Carfax.

I mean, if you want it, by all means- it is a nice truck. But, with as many Explorers there are out there for sale, why take the chance on issues when it's not a smoking deal to begin with? Just my .02 :)

Where I live Joe it's tough to find non rusted explorers with the V8. I decided to run an auto fax check and it was in an accident in 2007, but with no details of the accident. If he'll go down to 1800 I'll probably gamble it. It's going to cost 300 to get it shipped to where I live to boot.

If you know where there's a clean one for less or the same money my ears are open, lol.

looks just like my '01 EB. the V8 emblem is way too high. mine doesn't have the pin striping, so i can't say about that, but i'm pretty sure it's been repainted. i'd be concerned about it being a flood car. i'd want to check that one out very carefully.

Where I live Joe it's tough to find non rusted explorers with the V8. I decided to run an auto fax check and it was in an accident in 2007, but with no details of the accident. If he'll go down to 1800 I'll probably gamble it. It's going to cost 300 to get it shipped to where I live to boot.

If you know where there's a clean one for less or the same money my ears are open, lol.

I agree that's a good deal around here too but its probably a screwed up mess.

Shipped to where you live? Does this mean you won't be able to see it until after the purchase? If so, I'd keep looking. Too many questions on this one to not be able to put hands on it before the sale. Maybe someone on the forum in that area would be able to check it out for you?

There are so many Explorers for sale, there is no reason to buy one sight unseen.

I did, but I only had one person email me about mine... lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It has definitely been wrecked. The right front part of the bumper cover has been ripped off and then it appears to have clear sealant used to try and reattach it. Look closely at the photo.

Back