Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Guessing game? Members have to keep buying from E-bay and posting their links until they hit upon the "main" seller?:dunno:

Cool mod, how about a link?

Ebay links don't last, once the auction is up, the page goes dead. I don't remember the sellers name, but I did recognize that the one linked above was not it. It was Tom something. Another member posted the name in another thread previously, thats how I found them. And I can't log into my ebay account from this computer so I can't go grab the info from my purchase history.

Next time I'll just post zero info since everyone wants to be spoon fed even when I give as much of the info that I have available to help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You said where you bought it, then you told someone who went there and did search, that they didn't get it from the right person. That seems a bit odd, but everyone has their own style.:dunno:

the person that put a link up found the same emblems, but the seller had quantity ZERO left, so to let everyone know that there are more out there, I simply informed everyone that it wasn't the seller I bought mine from, and the guy I bought mine from had a ton because I spent a while trying to figure out which auction to get mine from because the seller had some that were full emblems and some were just covers. Again, I don't remember the ebay name of the seller I got mine from, it was Tom something, but I knew from looking at the name of the seller with quantity Zero left, that it wasn't the same guy mine were from.

Excuse me for giving 100% of what I could recall about this mod, which was 95% of the answer, I'll know next time to give no info at all.

it was Tomstubes I believe; he has many; and they are not adhesive "stick-ons" they are replacements.

the person that put a link up found the same emblems, but the seller had quantity ZERO left, so to let everyone know that there are more out there, I simply informed everyone that it wasn't the seller I bought mine from, and the guy I bought mine from had a ton because I spent a while trying to figure out which auction to get mine from because the seller had some that were full emblems and some were just covers. Again, I don't remember the ebay name of the seller I got mine from, it was Tom something, but I knew from looking at the name of the seller with quantity Zero left, that it wasn't the same guy mine were from.

Excuse me for giving 100% of what I could recall about this mod, which was 95% of the answer, I'll know next time to give no info at all.

While I appreciate your candor and sharing this mod, I cannot help but think, like the others, that there was some cat and mouse game going on here...

I've appreciated your other posts and found them very useful.

But if I told you, to use an analogy, "I found a way to shave 2 seconds off my zero to sixty time in my Sport, but I forgot how I did it.... You'll just have to find out yourself...". You wouldn't be happy with me now, would you? You would want to know!

Forums are about spreading information. Aren't we a community? So if you want to keep information to yourself, so be it... But you can't get upset at people for wanting to know more. That's what this is about...

Fyi, I went looking as well and did not find the seller until this post. Sure I found lots of others, but they looked of inferior quality. I wanted a "higher" quality unit like the ones you had....

Thanks for the posts and keep up the good work, but don't chastize people from wanting to capitalize on your efforts. That is what forums are about and we all learn from each other...

So thank you for teaching us! We just want to know more....!

it was Tomstubes I believe; he has many; and they are not adhesive "stick-ons" they are replacements.

looking at Tomstubes ebay store again, I noticed he had both adhesive stick-ons and full replacements; just fyi.

As an impartial observer I think I see where the wheels came off in this thread. I think Harley was really trying to be helpful in sharing about these mods but maybe isn't used to the forum "lifestyle" where typically first to share a new mod lays out all the info so others can follow the lead. I've been enjoying Harley's posts and plan on some of the exact same mods for my Sport. I too would like more info in a couple places but figured it wasn't intentionally left out. Hope we can all get along and keep posting!

That's it! And as my first post mentioned, the front emblem I got was a full replacement, and the rear one was a cover. THe auctions are a little cryptic in their descriptions sometimes, and I was NOT about to glue anything on with construction adhesive, it's brown for a reason....it's meant for wood! lol, so some digging through his listings I finally found the front full replacement, and the rear cover with 3M tape.

While I appreciate your candor and sharing this mod, I cannot help but think, like the others, that there was some cat and mouse game going on here...

I've appreciated your other posts and found them very useful.

But if I told you, to use an analogy, "I found a way to shave 2 seconds off my zero to sixty time in my Sport, but I forgot how I did it.... You'll just have to find out yourself...". You wouldn't be happy with me now, would you? You would want to know!

Forums are about spreading information. Aren't we a community? So if you want to keep information to yourself, so be it... But you can't get upset at people for wanting to know more. That's what this is about...

Fyi, I went looking as well and did not find the seller until this post. Sure I found lots of others, but they looked of inferior quality. I wanted a "higher" quality unit like the ones you had....

Thanks for the posts and keep up the good work, but don't chastize people from wanting to capitalize on your efforts. That is what forums are about and we all learn from each other...

So thank you for teaching us! We just want to know more....!

No cat and mouse game, go back and read my first post, there's a substantial amount of info in there to help people out, rather than just say look at my pretty black emblems. I just have dwindling patience for people too lazy to dig up that last bit of info I didn't have and just repeatedly asked me after I said up front that was all I had. There's at least 3 or 4 guys asking how the rear emblem was installed and it's written right in the first post. If one is going to gripe about something, at least READ first!

And your analogy is incorrect. I didn't post up and say "I found a way to have OEM looking black emblems but I forgot how I did it". I said "here's my emblems, here's the pics, here's some install tips, I got them from ebay from a guy named Tom something but I forget the exact seller name", and people gripe that's not enough? To correct your analogy it would be "I found a way to shave 2 seconds off my 0-60 with a tune, here's some pics how to install the tune, here's the results, oh yeah I don't remember they're exact website but it started with liver but I forget the rest of the spelling".....oh....livernois! Where's that flipping the bird smiley here? lol

As an impartial observer I think I see where the wheels came off in this thread. I think Harley was really trying to be helpful in sharing about these mods but maybe isn't used to the forum "lifestyle" where typically first to share a new mod lays out all the info so others can follow the lead. I've been enjoying Harley's posts and plan on some of the exact same mods for my Sport. I too would like more info in a couple places but figured it wasn't intentionally left out. Hope we can all get along and keep posting!

Oh I'm very used to the forum lifestyle, I'm the head moderator of the biggest harley truck forum on the net with 25,000+ posts of my own there, and a very active member of LightningRodder the biggest L forum on the net, and countless others. This is just the first forum I've come across where more people encourage leaving a vehicle stock, don't touch anything because it may void a warranty, and leave things stock because that's how ford designed it and they know absolute best. And in the few cases of mod discussions, crusify the person if they don't have every last bit of info to spoon feed the ones too lazy to search up the rest when it's specifically stated all the info available was given. Now that's not everyone on here, but as an overall impression as someone very experienced in forums for a decade +, and coming into this one as a newer member, that's the impression this overall forum gives. It's discouraging for someone coming in typically very willing to post up all the info available on mods even if it's not 100% of it to spoon feed it, because I have plenty of other things I can do to consume my little spare time in the day.

Harley#356;3180248 Oh I'm very used to the forum lifestyle said:
NHTOC? If so, I'm still a member there as well

Yup, haven't been on there in a few months, need to catch up one of these days!

Looks really nice. Very factory looking. As for the Ecoboost plate, I took that off & put it with the FlexFuel plate from my Escape..... in the garbage!

I recently read somewhere that Ford had some other name for the Ecoboost engines but ultimately went with this.

Man, I'm gonna have to do this soon.

I got the overlays, and while they look better than OEM...those look badass.

I'm going to buy these! my Sport is black and these emblems will really complete the black-out look

Looks great Harley!

That said, I cant believe you didn't make a 15 minute youtube video chronicling the steps of setting up an ebay account, how to properly measure the emblem to ensure the correct size is ordered, searching ebay, and an additional 40 minute video hand-holding folks through the installation process.

Looks great Harley!

That said, I cant believe you didn't make a 15 minute youtube video chronicling the steps of setting up an ebay account, how to properly measure the emblem to ensure the correct size is ordered, searching ebay, and an additional 40 minute video hand-holding folks through the installation process.

The sarcasm is just thick here. :roll:

What sizes are the front and back for the emblems. Im wondering if the rear is a cover do you have to go a bit over the actual size

What sizes are the front and back for the emblems. Im wondering if the rear is a cover do you have to go a bit over the actual size
Welcome to the Forum xbreaker.:wavey:
Your question should be answered in post #1 of this thread.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford Emblems removal

Has anybody removed the ford emblems on the grill and trunk on the explorer XLT model? Im currently looking to replace the emblems with full black ones. I do not want overlays. I've seen some post on ppl removing the emblems on the ex sport but my grill is a little different. Any suggestions????

Back