A Michigan Meet and Greet? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Michigan Meet and Greet?

sounds good would be great to have another one out there! We will start a list of everyone going.
also the gates open at 10am. so lets plan to meet in the lot (unless theres a better spot, ive never been there) around say 10am. CB channel-TBD

Confirmed-
Kazer (stephen)
Dersch6221992 (Brandon)

Maybe-
Rickybobby (Jesse)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP.... one week away till we go to the mounds. Kazer and i are still in. Rickybobby any more news? anyone else in?

Its not looking good for me, i have to pick up my new project ranger in lansing Friday, and thats gonna eat up a good chunk of my available funds

Lansing Friday?? thats where i live!! where are you getting it from (what area)?

but KAZER said hes going to be in chicago sunday most likely. and well im not going alone (my buddy in the jeep is going to mackinaw) so i guess that means trips off again.....

Its on Canal Road, but im just gonna be in and out, I have a really tight schedule due to having to be to work at 2pm. Once i get the ranger project done i should be good for just about any sunday but i have no idea how bad it is yet

oh sweet yea i know right where that is. well good luck with the purchase! post up some pics if you get a sec.

Well we all know we are just amazing at planning trips and sticking with the plans -_-

But http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385339 GTkid is planning a silver lake trip. and i am in as this kid needs a MAJOR vacation working 26 days straight soo yea i want to go have some fun!!

I am thinking of going up the night of the 19th and leaving the 21st probably

Any chance any of you are going to either DOA 2013 on Drummond Island in August, or Gitche Gumee in Canada in September?

i may be up for it... what are the details?

Don't mean too hijack your thread, but the wife and I are looking into relocating to Michigan. I am a federal worker and she works at babies/toys r us. We were thinking battle creek/kalamazoo area because its more southern, seems to be decent jobs openings and its on the dune side of michigan. Is there any reall reason we wouldn't want to live there? Don't say its cold please. I'm from Missouri, but my wife is from california and she's the one who wants to move. Thanks for any info. P.S. I told her the merc is coming. LOL

Be aware of the neighborhoods, avoid post addition and washington heights in Battle Creek, and Northside and Southside in Kalamazoo. I just moved from Kalamazoo to Battle Creek. Being a federal worker battle creek is the better location, but i dont think there is a Babies-R-Us in BC. If your budget allows I suggest looking into the Augusta area or Galesburg. The houses are a little more expensive in those areas but they are close to the 2 bigger cities and the living is better, less crime and less violence. If you choose to live in BC look into Lakeview and Harper Creek. If you choose to live in Kalamazoo look into the Westside and Portage. If you are willing to work in factories the job market is booming in Battle Creek, but kalamazoo is more tech related and a little harder to find work. We do have a federal center in BC, so you could look into a transfer and not even have to worry about the job market if you wanted. If you dont like snow then Battle Creek is a better option as Kalamazoo tends to see a fair bit of Lake Effect snow compared to Battle Creek.

Hey, thanks for the info. I would be applying for a fed job. I roll over 15years next month, so I won't want to give that up. It looks like the area you suggested would be perfect. I know my wife was going to have to work in Kalamazoo and I would probably work in battle creek. From the postitions I've seen (who knows if I would get them) our house budget might be as high as 250k. My wife said she will commute, but has never commuted anywhere with weather. Looks like gales burg would be around 15-20 miles for us both. I commute 25 now and my wife commutes 45 (both one way). Thanks again. Is there any stupid vehicle laws that would prohibit my off road truck from being legal there. Everything works, it sits stockish height and the tires sit under the fenders. It has mustang seats and has frame modifications. Just curious. Again, thanks.

There is a BRU in portage.

Michigan is a non-inspection state. I drove around with massive rust holes in my frame for over 2 years without being bothered once. They do occasionally pull people over for excessive noise if you have a loud enough exhaust though.

Michigan is a non-inspection state. I drove around with massive rust holes in my frame for over 2 years without being bothered once. They do occasionally pull people over for excessive noise if you have a loud enough exhaust though.

My exhuast isn't that loud I hope. Its a couple years away, but thanks again for all the info.

More MI wheeling opportunities!

hey this wheeling for a cure thing. PM me some more details about it... i could get on board with that for sure.

hey this wheeling for a cure thing. PM me some more details about it... i could get on board with that for sure.

I pretty much attached everything I know about it. Unfortunatly I won't be able to attend.

There is a thread on Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association's (GLFWDA) Forum.

http://www.glfwda.org/forum.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone want to try and get a run set up for the first week of november?

Back