Late Summer Naches get together/run?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Summer Naches get together/run??

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
Late Summer Tillamook State Forest/Browns Camp get together/run??

Anyone interested in getting together in the Tillamook State Forest area after Labor Day??

I sent a txt to Kevin and he's up for a 3-4 day weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I down for it set up the date so I can putin for time off and I will hustle to get my camper fixed.

I'm on call until 8am Friday the 6th but I could arrange for someone to cover starting Thursday so how about Sept 6-7-8-9?

I will check with momma and schudule at work

I'm in. Ex is going through a post Moab/neglect overhaul of the suspension and front gears, but by then she should be ready to attack the can opener :)

might be able to make it, will have to see how things go

Vacation approved. I'll go by myself if I have to.

Someone told me that pnw is doing there meet and great with 200 plus jeeps heading over?

There is nothing on there site scheduled for that weekend (that I can see). Correct me if I'm blind

I guess we'll have to show them what a Ford can do ;)

What about the trails over by rimrock but not pucker ridge?

Someone mentioned beer? lol j/k.

New guy here.....I *should* have my explorer ready-ish, and have the 9th off from work....will probably drive up on the 6th after work. I'll give 50/50 odds on if i get it done or not since I work 6 days a week. Have a few questions on the area, though, if anyone has time?

Thanks!

Someone mentioned beer? lol j/k.

New guy here.....I *should* have my explorer ready-ish, and have the 9th off from work....will probably drive up on the 6th after work. I'll give 50/50 odds on if i get it done or not since I work 6 days a week. Have a few questions on the area, though, if anyone has time?

Thanks!

Beer? Why, YES thank you, I'll have another.

Questions? Ask away :thumbsup: what would you like to know

Well, I was planning on trailering up(I'mcoming from Portland)....does anyone drive their Explorers to the trail, 'wheel, and drive home? Some of the pics I came across look pretty challenging!! Would be a major bonus if i can just drive my X up and back....been almost a year and a half since I've been able to drive it!

Actually, any information on the area would be awesome, have seen a few links off of google, and it looks like some fun 'wheeling.

I'm hopefully gonna have the X in the garage and engine ready to come out tomorrow....already have vacation time off for this little trip, and time's running out!!

Can't wait:) Sorry for rambling....beyond exhausted.

If you have the option of towing I would tow it. The last 2 times I did not tow my rig. I needed my trailer:thumbsup:

The first couple of times I went wheeking back in 03 and 04 I did not have a trailer and was fine.

I will look and see if I can find some pictures of our camping spots.

Towing and not towing dictates what you can and cannot do on the trail. I agree, if you can tow, do it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Joe, your right foot is about 10lbs heavier than your left. Same with Kevin and Ben ;)

97, yes several of us drive to, run trails and drive home. I even pull a tent trailer to camp in.

The Naches area has a wide variety of trails of varying levels.

The Naches Trail (with the exception of the lower West) can be run with 31" tires and a little frame rub.

Ravens Roost is very fun and can be run with a stock X except the last climb but there are several 'outs' and the FS road is usually less than 100yrds away.

Just remember, tow points and/or winch and if you have to drive it home, drive the trails with that in mind.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is some rocks to play on once you get up on top. If you know your limits they are fun if you do not know then they can be expensive.

The one pictures of camp, even thou you can tell it was a very cold night

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 275
  • Kevin.jpg
    Kevin.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 271

Back