MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

1.5 thumbs up for the update

So far, I give the update 1.5 :thumbsup: thumbs up GOOD JOB FORD!

So after using it for a day, my preliminary results are positive on this new update. Of course, that may change if the system bogs down with usage.

What I noticed
1.) Faster boot time - the system was booted up and ready to go much faster when I got back in the car.
2.) pairing process was simpler as others have stated - only one screen with options instead of a number of individual prompts (e.g., only one prompt with all options such as 911 assist, auto phonebook download, etc...) - very nice.
3.) Navigation animations seemed smoother - still too early to tell if the GPS acquired earlier or its more accurate (seemed to be a bit more accurate - it used to be a bit off, but its hard to tell)
4.) Voice commands ARE IMPROVED. There is less delay between commands and actions. The system feels like it should and is useable. There is no delay where you wonder "did it work?" as before.
5.) Text messaging in my Droid RAZR MAXX HD now works without the double messaging (I'd get two texts on MFT when only one was sent to me on 3.5 - the second message was a duplicate). Voice commands for replying work, but I cannot figure out how to reply to a message that was not the most recent received message.
6.) Phonebook download was almost instant and I got the confirmation message (sometimes I wouldn't get the confirm message on the 3.5)
7.) Bluetooth Streaming on my droid now displays artist/song for Pandora and Slacker - I was wrong before apparently - Pandora and Slacker apparently do support this (I thought the opposite, that it was a Pandora and Slacker problem) and it was an MFT issue in 3.5, because 3.6 fixes it.
8.) Active guidelines are still there (for the curious)

BAD Points:
The only reason it didn't get a 2 thumbs up:
1.) I had an instance where the voice command button didn't have an effect.
2.) a couple of slight skips in USB playback -doesn't seem to be a big deal.
3.) Doesn't seem to be a way to respond via voice to a text message that isn't the most recent message - perhaps someone can help me (perhaps I just don't know it) - I tried a bunch of different ways.
4.) still no progress bar on the media screen for how far you are in a song.
5.) the right instrument cluster still does not refresh audio sources until you navigate away from the audio screen, then back to it.

Overall, it has a much more polished and professional feel. This is the software that should have been released in 2011, but at this point, I'll take it!

Ill be curious to see what the iPhone crowd has to say as they seem to have more problems in general.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be interested to see if this fixes my NAV. My build date was later than 1-31-13 from that TSB that came out. And my vehicle never tracks correctly on maps, if I didn't have a windshield to look out of, I'd swear I am always driving in corn fields and lakes!

haha mine does this too...

Just updated mine as well. Similar comments as jrmexplorer gave, but I'm still disappointed that they haven't yet figured out how to pull the artist and title information off of a cd....:scratch::thumbdwn:

Just got the update installed in my '13 Limited.

Sorry for the not so great pictures, as I took them at midnight with my iPad.

A couple of surprises right off.
On the home screen, the artist and title show up, instead of the station name
MFT-1.jpg

Did anyone else notice that the clock was an hour off? I looked and couldn't find any setting for DST anymore and the time zone is set by location. That would be a big oversight if they screwed up the DST setting. I will check in the morning again to see if it updates by the time I get to work.

Yup my clock was an hour off, had to add an hour.

Did anyone else notice that the clock was an hour off? I looked and couldn't find any setting for DST anymore and the time zone is set by location. That would be a big oversight if they screwed up the DST setting. I will check in the morning again to see if it updates by the time I get to work.

Yup, my 13 Explorer and 11 Edge both were an hour off.

Just updated mine as well. Similar comments as jrmexplorer gave, but I'm still disappointed that they haven't yet figured out how to pull the artist and title information off of a cd....:scratch::thumbdwn:

If the cd is encoded with 'CD Text' information, it will display it no problem. If it isn't, nothing is there to display.

If the cd is encoded with 'CD Text' information, it will display it no problem. If it isn't, nothing is there to display.

The one I used is encoded. it reads fine in other devices I have.

Mft 3.6 update

1) Notified via email - update available
2) Downloaded update +/- 15 mins.
3) Uploaded update +/- 25 minutes.
4) No issues. Most important: re-connected 3 telephones (2-iPhones ; 1-Samsung Galaxy - all ok).
5) Update Support Sync account.

Working fine. Haven't played with it as of yet.

Bobby:thumbsup:

Well after getting to work this morning and searching out some previous threads it appears that Ford opted not to address this in this update as it was the same in 3.5.1. So we still have to manually adjust the time for DST.

Canadian Owners

I was just wondering if there are any Canadian owners who have been able to download the latest 3.6.2 update from the www.support.ford.com website?
I called Ford and was advised this update is being 'rolled out'. To date, I have not seen any available update on my account nor have I received an email regarding it.
I'm aware that a zip file was posted with the update but I'm currently just curious about the update being posted on the website.

Thank you.

Peter

I was just wondering if there are any Canadian owners who have been able to download the latest 3.6.2 update from the www.support.ford.com website?
I called Ford and was advised this update is being 'rolled out'. To date, I have not seen any available update on my account nor have I received an email regarding it.
I'm aware that a zip file was posted with the update but I'm currently just curious about the update being posted on the website.

Thank you.

Peter

See post #37.

Well 3.6.2 doesn't fix my GPS tracking issues.. Was happily driving through a corn field this morning!

See post #37.
Whoops, missed that one. I guess I'm just out of luck, for now. I'll wait a few days and see what happens. It's not like I need it right away. The Explorer hasn't moved out the garage for the past 4 days anyway and I haven't had any MFT issues. Last fill-up was June 13th and I still have over 1/2 a tank left.:)
Thanks for that info jrmexplorer.

Peter

CD players usually don't do that. I think they are using a primitive type CD player that only plays the song without the information. If you tried playing an information CD with it, it won't work.

Well 3.6.2 doesn't fix my GPS tracking issues.. Was happily driving through a corn field this morning!

I think your GPS issue could be out dated maps?

did you get the GPS TSB done? There was a TSB for that problem recently to recalibrate the GPS unit.

I have been trying to download the update from Ford and it has been over an hour and am still at only 38%. Anybody else having this problem?

Were you able to finish the download, mistertoo?

Shoot me your VIN in a private message, Kirby Baker; I'll see if the fix is available for your Explorer.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you get the GPS TSB done? There was a TSB for that problem recently to recalibrate the GPS unit.

No, I didn't even go to the dealer for this, because the TSB said build dates prior to January 31st, 2013 I believe, and mine was February 20.

Back