MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I think your GPS issue could be out dated maps?

I've got the latest maps, only ever had the latest. Now I do recall on my drive home from the dealer when I picked up the Ex that the NAV card was not installed. My wife installed it as we were driving, and upon first insertion, it gave a read error. Popped it out and back in, and it started working.

Always have wondered if it somehow got corrupted that day....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, I didn't even go to the dealer for this, because the TSB said build dates prior to January 31st, 2013 I believe, and mine was February 20.

You should check into it, I believe the TSB has expanded in terms of date coverage.

wouldnt the v3.6.2 upgrade include the latest gps software to catch all those vehicle requiring it?

I find this really hard to believe. Take a picture of the inside where the tow/auto P switches are, and then of the screen showing the curved lines. I've never seen any Explorer w/ curved lines that didn't have Active Park

Ok - says to let it idle for 30 minutes ?!?

If I don't want to waste the fuel and do the carbon emission thing,

can't I just do it while driving ? Dooh ?!?

And fyi, the latest map card is the A4 sd card...

so what do I do with my 32 gig sd card with 10 gazillion songs on it that I used in my other cars if the nav needs the sd card ?

I don't know why, but I feel like this picture is from your XLT :) I stopped by the dealer lot yesterday and checked all the Sport's that had no Active Parking, and none of them had Active Guides... My Sport does not have Active Guides... Cory stated that Active Guides require Active Park assist ... something is fishy ....

Do you guys have the new version working with the bluetooth phone messages????? It is saying that my Galaxy 3 isn't compatible for bluetooth messages.

Thanks in advance...

so what do I do with my 32 gig sd card with 10 gazillion songs on it that I used in my other cars if the nav needs the sd card ?

You can do it while driving, just do not shut off the car while it's updating or you'll likely be taking a trip to the dealer for them to ref lash.

I'm not sure I understand the second question about the sd card. You've always needed an SD card for navi.

As has been mentioned in a few posts, YES, you can do the update while driving but it must be started when you are parked. Just make sure that you don't shut off the ignition before the update load is complete.
As for the A4 card, yes, that is still the latest and in order to use that Navigation, it must be in its slot.
If you also want to have access to your 10 gazillion songs, you will have to transfer them to USB drive and plug it into the USB slot. Otherwise you will have to chose between music or Nav.
Have fun.:)

Peter

I don't know why, but I feel like this picture is from your XLT :) I stopped by the dealer lot yesterday and checked all the Sport's that had no Active Parking, and none of them had Active Guides... My Sport does not have Active Guides... Cory stated that Active Guides require Active Park assist ... something is fishy ....

Tomorrow I'll take a picture from further back showing the Sony radio and the curved lines, which is not available on an XLT. Or maybe a video of the outside and then getting in to show the lines?

Tomorrow I'll take a picture from further back showing the Sony radio and the curved lines, which is not available on an XLT. Or maybe a video of the outside and then getting in to show the lines?

I'm kidding ;) I'm just jealous cause I want the curved lines, and I'm failing to understand how that Sport has them. I trust you have no reason to lie here =P

MFT SYNC update 3.6.2

Just started latest update to usb on iMac. Will let you know how it goes. So far as reported on another blog there is quite a delay at 5% and 38%, been downloading now for 15 minutes.

You can do it while driving, just do not shut off the car while it's updating or you'll likely be taking a trip to the dealer for them to ref lash.

I'm not sure I understand the second question about the sd card. You've always needed an SD card for navi.

Thanks for just answering and not giving a passive aggressive response like SOME people :) I didn't read the 10 page thread :)

Yes to the card needed in the ford, but the other vehicles we've had recently, like the audi, had two active sd slots, and usb, and ipod interface and hard drive and .... :)

and again I may be posting something already here, but this is what the website said the updates were:

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Improved system performance
Improved Home Screen Increased Touch Zones on Home Screen

Improved screen interactions while using voice
Updated support for phones and media players
Improvements to System Installation Quicker install - < 30 minutes
Persistence of Navigation Favorites during installation

Why create another thread on this and why put it in the stock forum rather the MFT specific forum??

Sorry!

FASCINATING. I note that my active park lines are like Peter's and not like yours (the color is different on the lines and the straight lines are green yellow and red) - but your's looks like VinceL's.

I bet I have a theory. Perhaps its not the active park assist, but instead maybe it's the tow package. Anyone here with a Sport, Limited or XLT with a tow package, but NOT active park assist that also has the active guidelines? I have the tow package as well.

Would make sense, you would need the active guidelines to backup to a trailer to see where your hitch is going to hit.

our 13 sport has blis, tow, but no active park assist and our lines are the red, green, yellow and straight...

FASCINATING. I note that my active park lines are like Peter's and not like yours (the color is different on the lines and the straight lines are green yellow and red) - but your's looks like VinceL's.

I bet I have a theory. Perhaps its not the active park assist, but instead maybe it's the tow package. Anyone here with a Sport, Limited or XLT with a tow package, but NOT active park assist that also has the active guidelines? I have the tow package as well.

Would make sense, you would need the active guidelines to backup to a trailer to see where your hitch is going to hit.

Limited with tow and BLIS... No curved lines.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if you can respond to text messages in MFT with an iPhones running 6.1.3 yet?

Back