MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I think I'll save gas and skip this update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Expanded touch area

I just noticed that you can touch anywhere in the quadrant to open up that quadrant, not just in the top bar area. Cool.

I was just wondering if there are any Canadian owners who have been able to download the latest 3.6.2 update from the www.support.ford.com website?
I called Ford and was advised this update is being 'rolled out'. To date, I have not seen any available update on my account nor have I received an email regarding it.
I'm aware that a zip file was posted with the update but I'm currently just curious about the update being posted on the website.

Thank you.

Peter

Peter, I just updated ours today and the 3.6.2 updated loaded fine. My Ex had not been updated since June 2011.

I am in Canada.

DC

Peter, I just updated ours today and the 3.6.2 updated loaded fine. My Ex had not been updated since June 2011.

I am in Canada.

DC
Thank you for that info. I must be the only one that doesn't have the update available for downloading from the website. I'll give it a few more days. At least I'm not having issues with the current version.;)

Peter

Does anyone know if you can respond to text messages in MFT with an iPhones running 6.1.3 yet?

No reply to text in v3.6.2

Im also running iPhone5 iOS7 Beta 4 and its still not working.

Peter. I am able to get the download as well

FASCINATING. I note that my active park lines are like Peter's and not like yours (the color is different on the lines and the straight lines are green yellow and red) - but your's looks like VinceL's.

I bet I have a theory. Perhaps its not the active park assist, but instead maybe it's the tow package. Anyone here with a Sport, Limited or XLT with a tow package, but NOT active park assist that also has the active guidelines? I have the tow package as well.

Would make sense, you would need the active guidelines to backup to a trailer to see where your hitch is going to hit.

XLT w/ tow, no blis or active park, straight lines.

This update made life with MFT so much better for me. My biggest annoyance before was having to turn the key to on, wait for audio to start playing before starting the car. If I didn't do this, 9 times out of 10 the audio would be hard off and pushing the power button did nothing. I'd have to shut the car off, open the door, put the key in and wait for audio and then start.

Also, swapping between pages of Sirius presets and jumping between input sources no longer takes 15-20 seconds and is almost instant.

Sport, Tow package, BLIS, no active park, lines are straight as an arrow.

XLT w/ tow, no blis or active park, straight lines.

This update made life with MFT so much better for me. My biggest annoyance before was having to turn the key to on, wait for audio to start playing before starting the car. If I didn't do this, 9 times out of 10 the audio would be hard off and pushing the power button did nothing. I'd have to shut the car off, open the door, put the key in and wait for audio and then start.

Also, swapping between pages of Sirius presets and jumping between input sources no longer takes 15-20 seconds and is almost instant.

Glad to hear that things are better. I've had the system about two days now and it seems good so far. Startup continues to be lightning fast, individual page transitions vary but they are acceptable. Seeing the artist and song title when streaming on Bluetooth makes me smile every day :) - I think Verizon may regret giving me unlimited data!

The new software did re-index my USB drive once, but it did it lightning fast - took about 10 seconds so I question whether it actually was reindexing.

As far as why Riley has a sport w/out park assist and with curved lines is beyond me. Perhaps he got lucky and somehow got one with it....

Update killed my sync. Been having back up camera problems, so I tried the update, started fine, but was on for 40 minutes with screen and USB not doing anything. Now I have nothing just black. Is it dealer time or is there a way to reset it?

Update killed my sync. Been having back up camera problems, so I tried the update, started fine, but was on for 40 minutes with screen and USB not doing anything. Now I have nothing just black. Is it dealer time or is there a way to reset it?
Welcome to the Forum azgdds.:wavey:
You can try the 'reboot' program in the following thread and see if that helps;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382163&highlight=reboot

BTW, it would be very helpful if you added the model to your profile so it will show in the left margin. Some issues can be model specific.

Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum azgdds.:wavey:
You can try the 'reboot' program in the following thread and see if that helps;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382163&highlight=reboot

BTW, it would be very helpful if you added the model to your profile so it will show in the left margin. Some issues can be model specific.

Good luck.

Peter

You can try the reboot file Peter linked to, but if your Sync is completely dead, just a black screen, it's likely not going to do anything. The only thing you can try is disconnecting the battery, then reconnecting.

My guess is that it's dealer time. They will replace your APIM (MFT computer).

Good luck.

I had the same thing happen to me. Yesterday morning started the update and headed to work, 55 minute drive, after a while the screen just stayed black, figured I was hosed. Tried the install again on the way home, about 25 minutes later it was complete, almost, I have navigation but the after install/update the software didn't have the nav quadrant. I took the nav card in and out, put the usb update back in and in about 20 minutes it was complete, this time with nav quadrant properly showing. Quite frustrating. I'm thinking my USB stick doesn't fit snuggly into the usb connector. I've got a new USB stick that I will try when I do the update to my wife's 2013 Escape.

it was dead last night. wife was really happy, so she left me her car and took my Jag... I turned it on this morning... bam! on comes sync! it seems to have reverted to the old version, which is a ok with me. I did the update checker tool which showed last update in 2011, I am going to use a different flash drive and try again.

it was dead last night. wife was really happy, so she left me her car and took my Jag... I turned it on this morning... bam! on comes sync! it seems to have reverted to the old version, which is a ok with me. I did the update checker tool which showed last update in 2011, I am going to use a different flash drive and try again.

I had similiar issues with my 2011 on previous updates, Im going to suggest bad APIM.

Dealership should replace under warranty.

I was just wondering if there are any Canadian owners who have been able to download the latest 3.6.2 update from the www.support.ford.com website?
I called Ford and was advised this update is being 'rolled out'. To date, I have not seen any available update on my account nor have I received an email regarding it.
I'm aware that a zip file was posted with the update but I'm currently just curious about the update being posted on the website.

Thank you.

Peter

Same thing here. Where is that zip file you speak of?

Thanks

Thanks
See post #34 in this thread. I just checked the website again this morning and still nothing regarding the update file being available for downloading. It keeps telling me that my SYNC is up to date with 3.5.1

Peter

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum drake2k.:wavey:

I was in contact with the SYNC team via 'Chat' this morning and they said that the update is being released in stages and to check later in the week or next week. I hope that is the reason we aren't seeing it now.
Good luck and happy motoring.

Peter

See post #34 in this thread. I just checked the website again this morning and still nothing regarding the update file being available for downloading. It keeps telling me that my SYNC is up to date with 3.5.1

Peter

Ya, but you can get poutine anytime you want. I think I'd rather have that than MFT 3.6.2 which is nothing special.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum drake2k.:wavey:

I was in contact with the SYNC team via 'Chat' this morning and they said that the update is being released in stages and to check later in the week or next week. I hope that is the reason we aren't seeing it now.
Good luck and happy motoring.

Peter

Allright, thanks for the update!

I'll wait until its available via the Ford website, sounds safer to do it this way :)

Back