It's been a pleasure being a member of this site. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's been a pleasure being a member of this site.

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
Good luck to all of you and I hope that Ford fixes all the little issues that have plagued all of us over the years.

This is the new ride, it's a completely different type of beast.

IMAG0022_zpsa33dd379.jpg

Will add one thing, this will actually stop itself at all speeds to prevent hitting the car in front. Really a lot of tech on this thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice looking ride. I hope it meets all your expectations and then some. It's too bad your experience here was not a very positive one. Thanks for your contributions to the forum and its members.
All the best and happy motoring.:thumbsup::salute:

Peter

Congrats on the new ride, have heard good things about the JX. Sorry to hear about the issues with the Ex too. Best of luck!

How was the trade in part of the deal with the Ex?
Smooth sailing with lots of 'regret and smiling'?

How was the trade in part of the deal with the Ex?
Smooth sailing with lots of 'regret and smiling'?

A huge loss of money. No one is offering good trade on them. Tons of people are dumping them and the resale value has taken a huge hit.

A vehicle with a sticker price of $49,700 lost $19,700 in value in 10 months and, 15,000 miles.

No one is offering good trade on them.
You might have gotten raked over the coals, but that statement is absolutely not true.

You might have gotten raked over the coals, but that statement is absolutely not true.

I went to 4 different dealers over the last few months, all were within $1,000 of each other on trade.

...with deprec. that doesnt sound too bad, even for 1st year.
book value may be up to 5k-8k higher though, ...
regardless, I bet the dealership will be retailing it for at least the book.

plus I dont know about "dumping" as Ford is selling well.
There sure are more this summer all around, in the burbs, downtown, etc
In my burb alone I just noticed a grey Lmtd and a black XLT that were not there in the fall.

A huge loss of money. No one is offering good trade on them. Tons of people are dumping them and the resale value has taken a huge hit.

A vehicle with a sticker price of $49,700 lost $19,700 in value in 10 months and, 15,000 miles.

You have made a wise, beyond your years, choice. I hate to say I told you so, but trade and resale value will not be good at all, on this generation of Explorers, especially with the ongoing 5th gen MFT problems, not to mention the known defects...........Enjoy the new ride, I'm looking for a new opportunity also...best regards Plum

...with deprec. that doesnt sound too bad, even for 1st year.
book value may be up to 5k-8k higher though, ...
regardless, I bet the dealership will be retailing it for at least the book.

Almost 40% depreciation 1st year doesn't sound bad? There are more than a few '12 Limiteds in my area (No. Va.) on dealer lots for low-mid $30's.

2011, the vehicles were a rare find. Now, not so much.

well no its not good, but mine on Kelly for trade-in is just a bit higher than that and its got less that 3k miles.
overall not good but its not bad comparing miles, year, etc.
i even checked the 2nd day i had it just for s&g and same figure.

having said that, the private party value is more than i paid for it...

Obviously private party and retail will be higher than trade in, but the fact is that there are a lot on the market now, so value is lower.

Almost 40% depreciation 1st year doesn't sound bad? There are more than a few '12 Limiteds in my area (No. Va.) on dealer lots for low-mid $30's.

2011, the vehicles were a rare find. Now, not so much.

One the lot for $35k means they will sell it for $31k. On the lot for $32k means they will sell it for sub $30k.

If they decide to sell mind, I bet they list it for around $35k and sell it for around $32k, which means they made $2k on it. Plus it will probably sit there a while.

That trade value is beyond depressing! I'm hoping I don't take quite that big of a hit when I trade in this sport....

After 2 years, only 12,000 miles... I had a 18,000 drop in trade-in value... I was sad... It plagued me with lots of warranty issues and it's been time consuming. However, after you get used to it. It's not so bad. After driving a bunch of rentals, you realize how much better your car really is in terms of comfort, styling, and so on. I bought mine with the intent to keep it. I wonder how many miles I can squeeze out of this car before it goes.

The beginning of many folks leaving this car line due to all the headaches with this truck.

The beginning of many folks leaving this car line due to all the headaches with this truck.
A continuation, not the beginning. It's really a shame that Ford customers are leaving the brand, frustrated by ongoing problems and dealer issues. As I posted long ago, communications is not exactly Ford's strong point.

Peter

A continuation, not the beginning. It's really a shame that Ford customers are leaving the brand, frustrated by ongoing problems and dealer issues. As I posted long ago, communications is not exactly Ford's strong point.

Peter
I stand corrected ..... Your exactly right Peter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for your participation in our forum. Best of luck with your new ride:chug:

Back