For Sale - Ubolt & Shock Skidplates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Ubolt & Shock Skidplates

I have a pair of brand new U-bolt and shock skid plates specifaclly made for the rear of a 1st or 2nd gen Explorer. They are 1/4" plate and protect your u-bolts and raise the shocks up a few inches. These are made for 5/8" U-bolts which are bigger than the stock ones so if you dont have 5/8" ubolts now would be the time to upgrade. These may cause shock to swaybar mount interference so shocks should be mounted body side up or if you have removed the rear swaybar it is a non-issue. Also note these raise the shock up 2"-3" so shock length could be an issue depending on your lift and shock length.

Current price for a pair is $215 shipped to the US due to the high cost of steel right now.

attachment.php

ubolt skids (1).JPG

ubolt skids (2).JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hey Brian. Got mine yesterday, thanks for the fast shipping! These things are awesome. They appear to be indestructible. Can't wait to get them installed. Beautiful work on these. :thumbsup:

you plan on making more of these in the future?

I am, but Im using the money to purchase 36 inch IROKs

Just installed them on the Trac :D I actually wound up switching these around between the Trac and the 98. With the 98, I'll be running universal mount shocks and they'll be easier to fit to length with the lower mount at stock height. With the Trac, I have shackles on the back so I wanted to raise the shocks so they're back inside their optimal travel length. The only problem I had installing was that the sleeve in the lower shock bushings was too wide to fit in between the shock tabs, so I had to grind them down a bit for a perfect fit. Other than that, easy as cake. Thanks again Brian!

2013-08-17180531_zps3b9255a2.jpg

Installed mine on Friday. Man these things are incredible! Thanks Brian...

ok, thanks... I wish I could afford them right now, but, I can't... not before Christmas... but, I really love your work... and I can't wait to get a set :D

Si

Any still available ?

Just wanted to say I paid for mine wednesday night and got them saturday morning, painted them with dry moly lube and rustoleum gray and installed sunday. Very happy with the transaction and dealing with Brian, very smooth and ridiculously fast shipping.

As for the skids themselves, these things are massive. They are massive, busting out of the box upon delivery. They are a lot bigger and better than the stocks. They went on easy, just took off the wheels and old shock mount, jacked up the leaf spring and installed the skids then attached the shocks. Before adding these my shocks only had about 2 inches of travel before bottoming out, now its really improved. I don't do any real offroading, just exploring but I just didn't like looking under my truck and seeing the shocks being the lowest point and hanging down. Problem solved with brian's skid/mount. Now I just gotta drill them for the e brake cable and will be done.

Thanks again brian

Thanks for the nice review and glad they worked for you! Were they actually coming out of the box? I like to know these things so I can pack them better (maybe even double box them if I need to) USPS handling can be unpredictable so who knows.

Back