Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Used both WT and H and am using the H-best coverage up front, they cover entire left foot rest and then some.
WT cover half of foot rest but also from foot rest they go up a tad and cut over to the right and were too low.
So when removing the WT to install the H, guess what?
Days old wet carpet underneath.

- perfect fit in 2nd row with treads on hump-looks nice.
-WT terrible fit in 2nd row-2" gap just in front of 2nd row-they told me that's correct.
-3rd row seems identical in coverage and fit.

H also have many sharp spikes to hold in place, seems fine and so far is not ripping up the carpet and they dont move around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Floor mats

used both wt and h and am using the h-best coverage up front, they cover entire left foot rest and then some.
Wt cover half of foot rest but also from foot rest they go up a tad and cut over to the right and were too low.
So when removing the wt to install the h, guess what?
Days old wet carpet underneath.

- perfect fit in 2nd row with treads on hump-looks nice.
-wt terrible fit in 2nd row-2" gap just in front of 2nd row-they told me that's correct.
-3rd row seems identical in coverage and fit.

H also have many sharp spikes to hold in place, seems fine and so far is not ripping up the carpet and they dont move around.

hi i bought the husky on the special buy avaivable on this site they are great . Hope special buy is on so you can save $$$ john

I highly recommend the Maxpider kagu for the EX. Unfortunately the black is OOS at most places. I had the grey shipped to me and its fantastic in looks and quality but the grey doesnt go well with the black interior of the EX so i returned it. Can't wait for the black to be available. Note, they are a little over 200 for all 3 rows.

http://www.amazon.com/MAXpider-L1FR03601501-EXPLORER-2011-2013-SEATING/dp/B00AQRS53Q

I highly recommend the Maxpider kagu for the EX. Unfortunately the black is OOS at most places. I had the grey shipped to me and its fantastic in looks and quality but the grey doesnt go well with the black interior of the EX so i returned it. Can't wait for the black to be available. Note, they are a little over 200 for all 3 rows.

http://www.amazon.com/MAXpider-L1FR03601501-EXPLORER-2011-2013-SEATING/dp/B00AQRS53Q

is it just me or do they look like they dont cover under the gas pedal?

is it just me or do they look like they dont cover under the gas pedal?
They don't cover near as much as the Husky does. I think Husky is the only one that covers that carpeted area right over to the door sill. See my post #11 for a picture.

Peter

I'm happy with the Ford Explorer mats. I also purchased the rear cargo mat.

Hi Crystal. Unfortunately the Ford floor mats, especially the All-Weather ones, don't come close to matching the digital fit mats that Husky and WeatherTech produce. The cargo mat is a good one.
I attached a picture of my front driver's side Husky mat. The lip comes right up and over to the door sill to protect that narrow piece of carpet. It will hold water up a depth of 2". Handy I guess if you're crossing the desert.:D
If Ford wants to be a serious contender in this market, it has some work to do.

I just got the husky weather beaters for my 2014 explorer...i installed them in front, 2nd and 3rd row...I got them over the weathertech because they seemed to cover more area...

They are thin plasticy feel (as opposed to rubber) - might be slippery when wet...??? they are black so dirt will show very easily...

NOTE: If you have leather seats you need to be carefull about the SPIKES under the liners when you put them in or take them out as they look as though they can do some damage to leather (This is my opinion only)

I wouldnt let other people wash my car because of this as they might damage the leather when removing the liner to wash the car...

They do offer great coverage...great coverage...i got them shipped to Canada via US company and in all must have cost me about 350 taxes and shipping included...

I just got the husky weather beaters for my 2014 explorer...i installed them in front, 2nd and 3rd row...I got them over the weathertech because they seemed to cover more area...

They are thin plasticy feel (as opposed to rubber) - might be slippery when wet...??? they are black so dirt will show very easily...

NOTE: If you have leather seats you need to be carefull about the SPIKES under the liners when you put them in or take them out as they look as though they can do some damage to leather (This is my opinion only)

I wouldnt let other people wash my car because of this as they might damage the leather when removing the liner to wash the car...

They do offer great coverage...great coverage...i got them shipped to Canada via US company and in all must have cost me about 350 taxes and shipping included...
Did you take advantage of the 'group buy' on these mats? Just asking because I bought mine here in Ottawa. A company that deals with them ordered them for me. I've had mine now for just over 2 1/2 years and can't really say that I found them slippery. The fronts are very handy in Winter when you get the melted snow and slush. You just carefully remove them like a tray and dump the water out.

Peter

Did you take advantage of the 'group buy' on these mats? Just asking because I bought mine here in Ottawa. A company that deals with them ordered them for me. I've had mine now for just over 2 1/2 years and can't really say that I found them slippery. The fronts are very handy in Winter when you get the melted snow and slush. You just carefully remove them like a tray and dump the water out.

Peter

no group buy.

the snow is the reason i bought these liners...they offer better coverage than i thought...i was tired of mats that didnt cover my floors and salt stains all over....
Now i have to look at buying winter tires...found local place with best price for 255/50/20 yokohama here in quebec....we will see

no group buy.

the snow is the reason i bought these liners...they offer better coverage than i thought...i was tired of mats that didnt cover my floors and salt stains all over....
Now i have to look at buying winter tires...found local place with best price for 255/50/20 yokohama here in quebec....we will see
Did you get your dealer to give you a price as well. They have a slogan that says they won't be undersold on tires. Does not apply to Costco prices.
Good luck.

Peter

Did you get your dealer to give you a price as well. They have a slogan that says they won't be undersold on tires. Does not apply to Costco prices.
Good luck.

Peter

The dealer is selling me the yokohama iG51v 255/50/20 for 350$ (the special is that they offered a free installation ) i found it online for 239$ locally with free delivery to my house...i doubt the dealer matches this price...

Definitely going this route, Weathertech look (even nicer actually) with husky fit.

I have Huskey Liners in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row and under the 3rd row seating.
I have a Weathertech cargo liner.

Both are excellent and provide great protection here in Northern Ontario against our harsh winters!

Does anyone have Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners?

I'm in the market for some full-coverage floor liners and I'm leaning toward the Husky WeatherBeaters. Does anyone have these? Do you like them? I'm thinking of getting 1st & 2nd row, 3rd row, and behind-3rd row. If you have these, please post pictures

I don't have any pictures but i have the mats on the first and second row. I like them alot. They cover everything and are not slippery when wet.

I have the Aires 3d, love them too. Only one problem is that the floor anchors arent big enough for the Aires3d.

I'm in the market for some full-coverage floor liners and I'm leaning toward the Husky WeatherBeaters. Does anyone have these? Do you like them? I'm thinking of getting 1st & 2nd row, 3rd row, and behind-3rd row. If you have these, please post pictures
An 'Advanced Search' on "Husky" would have brought up this thread to which I have moved yours. I have a picture of the driver's side liner in this thread as well as the Husky cargo mat. The Ford OEM cargo mat wasn't available when I picked up my Explorer. The advantage of the Husky liners is that the front ones cover the carpeted area over to the door sill and have slightly higher 'walls' as well.
Good luck.

Peter

Floor and Cargo Liner - 2014 Limited

I'm planning to get the complete set of Husky floor and cargo liners for my Explorer and I want the best pricing. I'm looking to buy liners for the front row, 2nd row, 3rd row, behind 2nd row cargo, and behind/under 3rd row cargo. Has anyone been able to purchase a complete set for under $400.00? I haven't been able to find any current threads on this topic.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning to get the complete set of Husky floor and cargo liners for my Explorer and I want the best pricing. I'm looking to buy liners for the front row, 2nd row, 3rd row, behind 2nd row cargo, and behind/under 3rd row cargo. Has anyone been able to purchase a complete set for under $400.00? I haven't been able to find any current threads on this topic.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum Gooftroop.:wavey:
There used to be a thread on a group buy discount but it appears it is no longer there. I paid $155 for the front and second row liners and $125 for the cargo mat liner back in April 2011. That was in CDN funds. The OEM cargo mat wasn't available then so I bought the Husky. I think the OEM cargo mats looks every bit as good.
As indicated in my PM, I have merged you post with this existing one onthe same topic.
Good luck.

Peter

Back