Late Summer Naches get together/run?? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Summer Naches get together/run??

You guys still planning on heading out Thursday night and coming through Chehalis about 8 8-30?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys still planning on heading out Thursday night and coming through Chehalis about 8 8-30?

Yes.

If I can get out of here by 4:00pm, I should be by there around 7:30 - 8:00 depending on traffic. If the weather is really bad it could be later.

Kevin is thinking about pulling Logan out of school early to get a head start on traffic.

Rick has decided not to go. Something about pick-n-pull and needing parts.

I Plan On Leaving As Soon As I Am Ready Thursday It May Be 5 But It Might By A Lot Latter.

I am not sure what time I will get out of work Thursday so I may be late arriving late Thursday or maybe even early Friday morning

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Forum Runner

Starting to think about leaving here Friday morning by 7.

Not liking the idea of evening commute traffic, towing a trailer in a downpour.

Starting to think about leaving here Friday morning by 7.

Not liking the idea of evening commute traffic, towing a trailer in a downpour.

The news was saying between 9PM Thursday and 9AM Friday 2.25" of rain

We are going from a burn ban to flood watch

Bringing the new Casa Blanco/Verde ? ?

Paul
'91 Sport

Not this time, it needs a little work.

About to head out and try to take advantage of decent weather (at least until we get to Portland)

Well ? ? ?

Guys back ? ?

Carnage ? ?

Trail Report ? ?

Pictures ? ?

Paul
'91 Sport

Guys back ? ?

Yes. The drive home was a lot better than the drive there through torrential downpours and lightning strikes.

Carnage ? ?
Yes, mostly glass.
KennyRay - right rear glass
Joe - passenger door smashed more and glass broken
Me - 2 poorly placed backup lights and a rock pulled a valve stem out (Joe has a good video of it). Somehow my steering got tweaked. The wheel is about 15* left when going straight but I can see anything bent. Will have to look real close before I re-align.

Trail Report ? ?
Lots of short sections, some with significant obstacles in them.

The good thing about that is, you're never far from a road in case something breaks. The bad thing, lots of driving to get to the longer trails with lots of sections.

Cedar Way is the longest continuous trail and a lot like Tahuya.

Firebreak 5 is a fairly long one and a bit tougher (especially wet). There was active logging in the area so we had to turn around one one section. There are a couple sections a lot like Yellowjacket at Tahuya.

Trail #28 on the map ( I forget the name) is the longest but has the most short sections and ends about 50 minutes of road driving from Browns Camp.

This one has at least 3 double black diamond spots that were a lot harder smeared with peanut butter.

You can run pretty much every 4x4 trail in 2 full days.

There is a lot more available for bikes and quads

Pictures ? ?

Mostly videos of some of the tough sections. Working on it.

Cool... thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the damage, you all know how I feel about that!

Too much "stuff" going on for me, but at the risk of a shameless thread hijack, here's one of the reasons I wasn't there. . .

Josh's handiwork. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Attachments

• CageSM.jpg
    CageSM.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 163

Uh oh, those lead to body damage due to the implied confidence of human safety they provide.

So Kevin, are you going to start a thread for the next run?

Sept 28th
Walker Valley Day Run and BBQ hosted at the DWD shop????

Cool... thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the damage, you all know how I feel about that!

Too much "stuff" going on for me, but at the risk of a shameless thread hijack, here's one of the reasons I wasn't there. . .

Josh's handiwork. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Looks great Paul

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Forum Runner

So Kevin, are you going to start a thread for the next run?

Sept 28th
Walker Valley Day Run and BBQ hosted at the DWD shop????

Yeah, this evening it will be up.

Hey guys sorry I didn't make it, stuck on mandatory overtime at work and dealing with other ****:-(. Explorer still isn't done....would love to make next run, if anyone has a spare seat!

Hey guys sorry I didn't make it, stuck on mandatory overtime at work and dealing with other ****:-(. Explorer still isn't done....would love to make next run, if anyone has a spare seat!

Shame :mad: and we even came to you neck of the woods!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shame :mad: and we even came to you neck of the woods!!

I knoooww! Lol. My f150 is throwing enough fits my poor explorer keeps sitting:-(.

How did you like browns camp?

Back