Naches 'before the snow flies' run Oct 12-13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches 'before the snow flies' run Oct 12-13

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
While at Browns Camp in Oregon, we talked about some dates for late season runs and Sept 28th came up as did Oct 12th.

The last time we were at Naches in the late season (early November) the temps got well below freezing overnight so I'm hoping it won't be so cold in early Oct.

Chime in guys;
Ricky - in
Joe
John K
Kevin - left foot in
Paul - right foot in
Phil - shaking it all about
??
??
??
??
??
??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sure, I'll put my left foot in.

Yep, turnabout is deffinately fair play. But seriously, I am all in for a Naches trip. Time to find a secondary water tank. I think I will only bring Logans quad this time so he can ride arround camp since I don't think there are any pit riding rules.

Damn I just took the camper off the truck, thought this was going to be a day run, Count me in if I got my PUD job complete (see other thread)

Friday is a no school day for Travis so I'm thinking of asking for Friday off and head over in the morning.

Not sure if the lava cave will be open or not but I know he wants to go back there.

Stevens pass got some snow

Travis has no school on the 11th so I asked for that day off.

We'll be heading over around 9am Friday.

Do you guys have a preference between Crow Creek or up the road spot where we first camped with Ben, Forest, Chris, Joe, Kevin, Rick etc??

As long as I have room to semi jack knife my trailer I am good.

It will be a day trip for me.
Looks like they got 6 to 8" of snow at the top of quartz mountain.

I grabbed Friday off from work. Will head out with Phil and Trav Friday morning. Chill at camp Phil or Raven Roost or Bethel Ridge or Clover Springs? I'm down with either and or for Friday

My bronco is getting a new windshield tomorrow. There was a little incident in the shop while I was gone on vacation

Weather forecast looking good for Cliffdell :navajo:

Out. . .

Rig not done, so count me out. . .

. . . but here's a little 4x4 ****:
Radius Arms.jpg

Josh does some awesome work, but this will keep the TTB under the front end for another few years. . .

Hopefully will be available for the next run, have fun.

Paul
'91 Sport

Looking good Paul

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not gonna happen

I don't think this run is going to happen.

Trail reports from last weekend say it's a sloppy mess. Only 1 of the NW Wheeler rigs made it up Aardvark Hill, the others had to drive up the road to Lilly Pond and the top was real soupy.

Add to that low temps below freezing in the mornings, and low turnout, it might be best to save the money for another day.

Back