Dear MFT, thank you for being so concerned about my safety... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dear MFT, thank you for being so concerned about my safety...

thestumper

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
... but could someone explain why it's OK for me to look at a forecast and an animated map while I drive off the road, but I can't take a quick peak at a sports score ???

:hammer:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NOT a defender of MFT, but unfortunately, that's your nannie state gooberment, not necessarily ford :)

Between the Government and the ambulance chaser lawyers I'm truly surprised that factory installed infotainment happens at all.

This will get tested at some point.

Sports scores have no relation to driver safety. Weather does.

Between the Government and the ambulance chaser lawyers I'm truly surprised that factory installed infotainment happens at all.

This will get tested at some point.

My guess is Ford knows this - thus they've designed some controls to be inoperable during motion to try and make it look like they're concerned.

As far as the lawyers are concerned. I don't blame them, I blame the clients. The lawyers are just trying to maximize the return for their clients. The clients could always say no.

There's a doohicky that you can hook up to bypass the safety features, but it'd like $500

Back