Fuel leak | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel leak

ALD

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ordered my 2013 Limited Explorer Jan 2013, got it end of February. It has been in the shop 3 times for a 'fuel smell' about to go back in for 4th time. I have NOT received a recall letter yet. What the heck?
There was a rattle in the dash. Said it was probably some seal around the windshield and they ordered a new windshield incase they had to replace the seal. They decided it was some rubber flap hitting the glass so they used double sticky tape???? Good Grief!! Now it is so loud - I can't turn the radio loud enough to mask the noise.
Now I am worried about the driver and front passenger windows. When you roll them down, it seems like it is hanging on something, very jerky on the way down.
All of these service visits are 30 miles away and have been extremely time consuming because they do not give loaner cars -we have to take two cars to the dealer to get me back home. We purchased the extended warranty and we should have read it - instead of listening to the finance guy glorify it. Sure it covers part of a rental fee - but the nearest rental business is 50 miles away.
I could cry - I refuse to drive the vehicle. I thought the windshield was going to decapitate my son and I. I am terrified of this fuel leak. The car is going to the shop Saturday - waste more of my limited time off from work.

This was my dream car - Is it just my bad luck? perhaps a LEMON??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First in regards to the rental. Ford covers $30 per day unless you paid for the $50 per day option. Are you telling me that there are ZERO rental places anywhere near the dealership? Most dealerships work with a rental agency and get the rates just under $30 so you don't have to pay anything. If they don't have a local agency, you can rent from anywhere and Ford will reimburse you the $30 per day but you will be paying the full rate (not discounted for a dealership).

Second, there is a tsb for the windows, they chatter the first couples inches when they are fully closed and you go to open them. The window motor and regulator gets replaced.

Sticky tape is not an appropriate repair for anything. I would contact the Ford rep on here if you feel the need. A repair should be completed correctly.. not with "tape and glue". The vehicles don't come from the factory that way, I'd never accept a repair that way.

Look for the Ford Customer Service name on here and PM them with your name and VIN.

there's a TSB for the windows on the 2013's? Ithought it was for the earlier ones.

there's a TSB for the windows on the 2013's? Ithought it was for the earlier ones.

It is for the earlier models but that doesnt mean it cant happen to a newer model.

I've had different problems, but I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly!

Ordered my 2013 Limited Explorer Jan 2013, got it end of February. It has been in the shop 3 times for a 'fuel smell' about to go back in for 4th time...

Hi ALD,

I want to get your case in front of your regional customer service manager so they can help. I'll need you to send me a PM with your full name, daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and servicing dealership; I'll get the ball rolling from there. :)

Crystal

Hi ALD,

I want to get your case in front of your regional customer service manager so they can help. I'll need you to send me a PM with your full name, daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and servicing dealership; I'll get the ball rolling from there. :)

Crystal

Hi Crystal, thanks for responding to me. I found this site and vented my frustrations - not thinking I would get feedback. It has been great!

My husband took my explorer to the dealership Saturday and will call them tomorrow, Wednesday, to see what's going on. My husband wants to give them this last chance. If they don't take care of us, I will get all of the information to you. Thank you SO much! ALD

Back