2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

Cory, the regional rep called today and we had a good conversation. I think the issue is related to heat so this time of year we'll see if it acts up once it starts getting warm here.

My wife knows to keep track of what's happening if it happens again.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cory, I purchased explorer in january 2013, since then I have been to service center for around six times due to issues in it and now my explorer 2013 is in service center again for last two weeks due to fuel leakage issue but there is no proper feedback from the agency as they still don't know when the new part will be delivered.

I am really tired of it and I don't know what to do now because I invested all my savings on this vehicle.

thanks to check and update please.

Cory, I purchased explorer in january 2013, since then I have been to service center for around six times due to issues in it and now my explorer 2013 is in service center again for last two weeks due to fuel leakage issue but there is no proper feedback from the agency as they still don't know when the new part will be delivered.

I am really tired of it and I don't know what to do now because I invested all my savings on this vehicle.

thanks to check and update please.
Welcome to the Forum kalwar.:wavey:
This thread is about transmission problems. If you have a fuel leak issue, check out the following thread;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386955

It seems that depending upon your problem, some parts are now starting to come in.
If you want to contact the Ford rep, send them a Private Message. I think they require your VIN, approx., mileage, dealer name, your full name and contact info.
Good luck.

Peter

Cory, I purchased explorer in january 2013, since then I have been to service center for around six times due to issues...
I can help you by arranging a call from your regional customer service manager, kalwar. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer details.

...If you want to contact the Ford rep, send them a Private Message...
You rock, Peter; thanks! :):thumbsup:

Cory

I hope I'm in the right post. I own a 2011 XLT Explorer and my most recent issue has been with a transmission stutter that happens when passing (either way) the 20 miles an hour mark. The dealer had my vehicle once already for a few days and supposedly felt it needed a tweak of some sort in its programing, but now it's back and some. So now on top of the stutter, the car isn't as quick to accelerate, spends more gas than usual and transmission stutter.

Anyhow I'm annoyed by my issues with this vehicle. We love it, but I have had to deal with issues no new car should have at its price range and I have to deal with a dealer that comes across as reluctant to customer complaints rather than an ally solving a consumer complaint as painless as possible.

Before when they denied my A-pillar issue, I had to get a Ford rep involved to have the issue addressed because suddenly they agreed with and knew about my complaint's need for a fix.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe it to be the torque converter in the transmission, but what do I know.? I just can't believe I bought this vehicle and gave Ford a chance after everyone I know warned me.

Cory,

Any suggestions? I want to get ahead of this issue.

I hope I'm in the right post. I own a 2011 XLT Explorer and my most recent issue has been with a transmission stutter that happens when passing (either way) the 20 miles an hour mark. The dealer had my vehicle once already for a few days and supposedly felt it needed a tweak of some sort in its programing, but now it's back and some...

Hi Johnny Neat,

Shoot me a private message (PM) with your information so I can look into this for you. To get the ball rolling, I'll need your full name, phone number, mileage, VIN, and preferred servicing dealer. I'll check out some options to assist.

Crystal

Transmission gets stuck1

Just purchased a brand new 2014 Ford Explorer sport less than two months ago. I have noticed lately that the acceleration is poor, a definite difference from the test drive. Then yesterday and once today, when I tried to accelerate rather quickly from a stopped position, the trans gets completely stuck in first gear and will not go above 22 mph! The engine just revs and the rpms go up but no movement. This is very scary with my children in the car. Had to pull over, come to a complete stop and accelerate slowly to get it going again.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a recall on this vehicle?

This is frustrating considering the amount of money I just spent.

Thank you!

Just purchased a brand new 2014 Ford Explorer sport less than two months ago. I have noticed lately that the acceleration is poor, a definite difference from the test drive. Then yesterday and once today, when I tried to accelerate rather quickly from a stopped position, the trans gets completely stuck in first gear and will not go above 22 mph! The engine just revs and the rpms go up but no movement. This is very scary with my children in the car. Had to pull over, come to a complete stop and accelerate slowly to get it going again.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a recall on this vehicle?

This is frustrating considering the amount of money I just spent.

Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum 14fordexplorer.:wavey:
I would suggest that you send a PM (private message) to Crystal (FordService). She is one of the Ford reps that monitors this forum. See that post above yours for the info she requires. To send a PM, just click on FordService in the left column and select "send a private message to.....". She will get things going for you.

Peter

First I've heard of this specific issue. Not that it is a fix but did you try using the paddle shifters or put it into M mode to try to force it to shift?

Take it into your service department.

Failure to shift in transmission

I thought I had seen a thread on this problem recently, but I went back 11 pages and saw nothing. Here's what I have noticed about six times since I bought my '13 XLT 13 months ago. I put the gear selection lever in "D" and when I begin to move forward, it seems like the transmission is in "low" gear and will not shift. I have to pull over, put it back in "P" and go again. Then it seems to be OK. It seems to always happen after I have backed out of a parking space and begin to move forward. Just happened again yesterday. It's bad when I have no place to pull to the side because the engine is racing wildly until I can make the proper adjustment.

Any thoughts??

I thought I had seen a thread on this problem recently, but I went back 11 pages and saw nothing. Here's what I have noticed about six times since I bought my '13 XLT 13 months ago. I put the gear selection lever in "D" and when I begin to move forward, it seems like the transmission is in "low" gear and will not shift. I have to pull over, put it back in "P" and go again. Then it seems to be OK. It seems to always happen after I have backed out of a parking space and begin to move forward. Just happened again yesterday. It's bad when I have no place to pull to the side because the engine is racing wildly until I can make the proper adjustment.

Any thoughts??
As per my PM to you, I have moved your post to this thread. Check out post #129 .
I would definitely recommend taking the vehicle back to your dealer. You can also contact Crystal (FordService) with the info she needs. See post #128 .

Peter

...Here's what I have noticed about six times since I bought my '13 XLT 13 months ago. I put the gear selection lever in "D" and when I begin to move forward, it seems like the transmission is in "low" gear and will not shift. I have to pull over, put it back in "P" and go again...

Hi Hammertime3,

Peter has made some great suggestions; a trip to your dealership is the ideal next step and I'll be happy to check out ways to help as well. Send me a PM with your full name, daytime phone number, current mileage, VIN, and servicing dealership. I'll start researching options.

Crystal

When my 2012 limited had about 6000 miles it seemed to stay in first and would not change no matter what I did. I was close to home and drove to the house. After sitting all night everything worked as normal.When I took it to the dealer they found no code and could not reproduce so nothing was done except the service adviser seemed to blame it on something I did, like having in in manual and first gear. I When it happened I put it in park then back to drive, same thing, then went to manual and tried to paddle shift and still would not come out of first. Needless to say I wish you luck in getting this resolved because it is not right. Fortunately it has not happened again and I just passed 33000 miles. Due to this and other concerns I recently purchased a 7/125000 mile warranty.

This morning I received a call from a lady from Ford Service, Susan Daugnault, inquiring about my transmission issue. I wasn't available at the time, but I called her back a while ago and had a nice conversation. She suggested I visit my dealer, and I told her that was the plan when I went in for service in about a month, since it highly unlikely the dealer could duplicate the problem on site. She then asked if I ever purchase extended warranties, and I told I had bought one back in 1986, never used it, and don't buy them anymore. She then asked if I would take and extended warranty if it was free, so I jumped on it...why not? She gave me an extended warranty for 5 years or 75 thousand miles, and said the paperwork would be arriving in the mail in a few days.

This lady was super helpful, and generous to boot, and I commend Ford Service for it's action. Bear in mind that I did not call her for help. She picked the issue up on this site and immediately was quick to see if she could help. I have never had that happen to me with any new vehicle I have bought, but Ford is headed in the right direction with kind of action. Kudos to Ford and Susan Daugnault.

Bob Allen
Seaford, De

Paging Susan Daugnault, Ford Service...it's been almost a month and I have not received any paperwork in reference to my extended warranty. I understood that it was to be mailed out and received in a few days, but I haven't seen it yet. This is the only way I know to contact you. If there is a problem, please let me know...maybe I misunderstood you when we talked but I thought you said the paperwork would be in the mail soon.

Thanks for your interest and help...

Bob Allen
Seaford, De

Paging Susan Daugnault, Ford Service...it's been almost a month and I have not received any paperwork in reference to my extended warranty. I understood that it was to be mailed out and received in a few days, but I haven't seen it yet. This is the only way I know to contact you. If there is a problem, please let me know...maybe I misunderstood you when we talked but I thought you said the paperwork would be in the mail soon.

Bob Allen
Seaford, De
Do you no longer have the number that you used to call her the first time? Did you try getting in touch through Ford's support line; 800-392-FORD (3673)?

The individual you seek will not be on these forums. The only other option that I know of is to send a PM to Crystal (FordService) asking if she could help you get in touch with your contact. You can use this link; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
Good luck.

Peter

Bob Allen
Seaford, De

I hope for your sake (and others) that Susan comes through on her offer of the free extended warranty, but I must say that it sounds too good to have been true. Please let us know if she ever comes through on this offer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keeping this in the 'transmission' thread rather than starting a new one:

Just had my 2012 serviced - 24,654 miles since 09/12. I'd experienced slight transmission bump on a few occasions but had not mentioned this to the dealer (yet).

I notice on the paperwork from today's service that they changed the transmission fluid. Is this normal for a 25k mile / 2 yr car?

Cheers!

Back