3rd gen pic's | Page 247 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About 3 weeks ago I was driving to work in my 2004 Kia Optima. I just changed the oil and filled the gas tank up. I was about half way to work and I started hearing this loud knocking noise and then my car died. Mechanic told me I threw a rod and need a new motor. it would cost just about $3000 for a motor out of a junk yard installed. I don't have that kind of money. So I ended up trading it in and getting 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. I love driving it. Handles great, drives great. Gas mileage sucks but insurance is cheaper. It does have 180,000 miles on it. I hope to get another 100,000 on it before I need a new motor.

photo_3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the upgraded headlights. Im looking for some but cant seem to find halos or something different. I know they probably dont and I havent done research but would ranger headlights fit an explorer?

no big deal if the wiring needs to be changed up, I just want to know if they'll fill the old headlight hole.

1st time posting here, but I've done a few upgrades so maybe my ride is now worthy LOL
Added a bug deflector and a shorty antenna, the rest of the my projects are listed in my registry at the bottom. Love the registry, its like a memo that I can keep updated to see what I've spent.
20131203_082004_zps658640f7.jpg

20131203_082020_zps3fb1033b.jpg

Man that guy with the RAPTOR look alike grille wont give us anything!!! LOL I sure wish he would share some info it looks insane good!

Wheelin - Very nice!!! If I still lived in the country, I would have went for the off-road look instead of street. Now get that thing dirty!!!

Wheelin - Very nice!!! If I still lived in the country, I would have went for the off-road look instead of street. Now get that thing dirty!!!

Thanks! I did get a chance to take it in a mud hole a couple weeks ago, almost didn't make it out though. Lot deeper than it used to be, was more of a puddle last time.
20131123_100207_zpseoofpzh5.jpg

Been dealing with this weather right now though, loving the BWM in it :)
20131206_084155_zpsrakgfs3u.jpg

Not exactly my taste, but it does look very clean. Take off the roof rack if you don't use it and it will clean the appearance up a lot.

I would hate to hit a pot hole with those bad boys...

just got a new set of tires, very happy with the way the AT2s look, ride and (didnt) hit my wallet

IMG_3478-1.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

for 160 a tire mounted and balanced, cant be mad

I got some 285's on my explorer yesterday, and also mounted some LED lights.
DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

Hey all, first post on here. Sprayed the housing to match the color of the paint, Oracle dual color halos (I went with white and blue), and projectors with 8000k HIDs with the Oracle symbol etched in. Also have Oracle RGB LEDs (set to red in picture) to back light the projector when the blue halo is on and the headlights are off (Sorry about the quality of the pic of that. Tough to get the symbol to appear on camera with the LED)
IMG_6472_zpsb6197d52.jpg
IMG_6424_zps8f4a31e6.jpg
IMG_6412_zps7b48a19d.jpg
IMG_6401_zps1ad9e207.jpg

Here's a couple more pics of the Explorer on 285's
DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

Those tires must only weigh like 4 pounds. That can't be a very smooth ride.

Those tires must only weigh like 4 pounds. That can't be a very smooth ride.

They are really not that bad, they are a little rough when you first take off but after that not bad at all. Each wheel and tire weighs 72lbs, only about 6lbs heavier than the ones I had on it before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are really not that bad, they are a little rough when you first take off but after that not bad at all. Each wheel and tire weighs 72lbs, only about 6lbs heavier than the ones I had on it before.
Haha yeah man I absolutely understand where you're coming from there. My 35's are the same way. I was talking about the guy with the paper tires a couple posts above you. The tires with like 1 inch of sidewall.

Back