What do you keep your displays on? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you keep your displays on?

driver4523

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 - Ford Explorer Limi
Just curious what settings everyone keeps there displays set to most of the time?

1. The small screen to the left of the speedometer.

2. The small screen to the right of the speedometer.

3. The main MFT screen.

I'm about to buy a 2011 Limited and want to know all of the cool stuff I can do with the MFT!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just curious what settings everyone keeps there displays set to most of the time?

1. The small screen to the left of the speedometer.

2. The small screen to the right of the speedometer.

3. The main MFT screen.

I'm about to buy a 2011 Limited and want to know all of the cool stuff I can do with the MFT!
I usually keep the Multifunction Display (left) on the Instant Fuel Economy, gas gauge and tach display. The Infotainment Display (right) shows the compass and the MFT is usually on the Home screen on which a picture of my 2 dogs is the wallpaper.

Peter

On the left display I like the "gauge" tachometer with the coolant and fuel level showing. The right display I have the Entertainment showing unless I'm using the navigation, I like how it shows all the important info (next turn, miles to go, speed limit etc.) For the main screen I usually have it showing all 4 quadrants (home screen).

On the left display I like the "gauge" tachometer with the coolant and fuel level showing. The right display I have the Entertainment showing unless I'm using the navigation, I like how it shows all the important info (next turn, miles to go, speed limit etc.) For the main screen I usually have it showing all 4 quadrants (home screen).

+1 Exactly

on the left display i like the "gauge" tachometer with the coolant and fuel level showing. The right display i have the entertainment showing unless i'm using the navigation, i like how it shows all the important info (next turn, miles to go, speed limit etc.) for the main screen i usually have it showing all 4 quadrants (home screen).

+2

on the left display i like the "gauge" tachometer with the coolant and fuel level showing. The right display i have the entertainment showing unless i'm using the navigation, i like how it shows all the important info (next turn, miles to go, speed limit etc.) for the main screen i usually have it showing all 4 quadrants (home screen).

+3

I'm with Peterk9...left is fuel econ, gas level and tach. Right is Nav.

But a question for all... apologies if it has been asked before. It's always bugged me, but I hate (well, dislike) when i downshift to manual and the left window changes to tach (actually, that part is fine), but when I shift out, back to drive it doesn't go back to my previous setting as mentioned above. Anyone notice that or did i miss a setting? Thx

But a question for all... apologies if it has been asked before. It's always bugged me, but I hate (well, dislike) when i downshift to manual and the left window changes to tach (actually, that part is fine), but when I shift out, back to drive it doesn't go back to my previous setting as mentioned above. Anyone notice that or did i miss a setting? Thx
Unfortunately that is the way it is. You have to manually set it back to your desired settings.

Peter

Left side: We have the Trip Odometer with mileage, gallons used, timer, etc... with Fuel gauge and mini tach slider bar.
Right side: Almost always Entertainment, but every once in a while it will have navigation. If I am looking for symmetry, I will have the utterly useless climate screen on (cuz blue on both sides looks purty).
Main Screen: 4 quadrants on unless navigation is being used.

........... (cuz blue on both sides looks purty).
Main Screen: 4 quadrants on unless navigation is being used.
:biggthump

Peter

My right screen keeps changing by itself depending on what I've used last. How do I keep it on one setting i.e. Navigation?

My right screen keeps changing by itself depending on what I've used last. How do I keep it on one setting i.e. Navigation?
It shouldn't change by itself. As far as I know, the only way to change it is with the right hand steering wheel buttons. You can send a PM (private message) to Rebecca (FordIVTteam) about this if you want and she may be able to provide some assistance but you may have to take it back to the dealer. You can use this link to PM Rebecca if you wish;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992
Include your name, daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership info in your message.

BTW, welcome to the Forum Squirty.:wavey:

Good luck.

Peter

Has the climate controls been deleted from the right side Multi-function Screen for model year 2014?

Has the climate controls been deleted from the right side Multi-function Screen for model year 2014?
Yes, there is no climate control in the right information screen.

From the 2014 Owner's Guide;

The display is located on the right side of your instrument cluster.
You can use your steering wheel controls to view and make minor
adjustments to active modes without taking your hands off the wheel.
For example:
• In Entertainment mode, you can view what is now playing, change
the audio source and select memory presets.
• In Phone mode, you can accept or reject an incoming call.
• If your vehicle is equipped with Navigation, you can view the current
route or cancel a route

Peter

Settings

Left side front - 10 min. fuel history
Right side front - Entertainment playing (great for artist / title w/Sirius)
Main screen - Nav, 45 degree view with Auto adjust
:)

In case you don't know...you don't have to downshift to manual to use the paddles! Very cool accomodation I think. While I'm here, please excuse an off subject question...I was given an S Cobra radar detector for Christmas...where's the best installation location? The windshield or the dash board??? g

In case you don't know...you don't have to downshift to manual to use the paddles!......
Referring to RJT's post, the 2011 doesn't have paddle shifters. I'm not sure, but I think they are only available on the Sport.

Peter

I was going to ask the same question as today was first day with my 14 SPORT and I noticed no Climate control in RIGHT DIC window, which my 13 Limited had.

Is this exclusive to the SPORT or exclusive to the 14MY? Seems odd to take away steering wheel functionality.

Can one of the 13 SPORT owners advise?

Just realized also SPORT's don't have rainsense wipers either.

I was going to ask the same question as today was first day with my 14 SPORT and I noticed no Climate control in RIGHT DIC window, which my 13 Limited had.

Is this exclusive to the SPORT or exclusive to the 14MY? Seems odd to take away steering wheel functionality.

Can one of the 13 SPORT owners advise?

Just realized also SPORT's don't have rainsense wipers either.

My 14 Limited does NOT have climate in right DIC window. Only Entertainment, Phone and Nav.. Maybe it's there if you don't have Nav?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 14 Limited does NOT have climate in right DIC window. Only Entertainment, Phone and Nav.. Maybe it's there if you don't have Nav?
See my post #14 above. It is no longer there.

Peter

Back