North-Western Explorer Club Group | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

North-Western Explorer Club Group

Just noticed this is back! Perfect timing, too, since I am finally retiring my Explorer to being a 'wheeler....

You all dont mind an Oregon boy hanging around do ya?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just noticed this is back! Perfect timing, too, since I am finally retiring my Explorer to being a 'wheeler....

You all dont mind an Oregon boy hanging around do ya?

No we don't, we have a little thing coming up at the beginning of September are you going to be there? If I get my camper fixed by then I will be staying a few nights But If I don't not get it fixed it will be a day trip for me.
I think you would be the first SOHC guy in our group.

No we don't, we have a little thing coming up at the beginning of September are you going to be there? If I get my camper fixed by then I will be staying a few nights But If I don't not get it fixed it will be a day trip for me.
I think you would be the first SOHC guy in our group.

I believe Kevin and I will be multiple nights. Thursday - Sunday heading home Monday.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388894

I'm gonna be working whenever I can to get the Explorer done. Biggest item left is to swap in a fresh SOHC engine i have in the garage(current one has death rattlitus), and finding a trailer to pull it to the event with. Definitely want to go if I can get it all together.

I'm not familiar with Naches. I'll be running 32-33s, on shackles/tt, is that a decent enough setup for that area?

Thanks! :)

I'm gonna be working whenever I can to get the Explorer done. Biggest item left is to swap in a fresh SOHC engine i have in the garage(current one has death rattlitus), and finding a trailer to pull it to the event with. Definitely want to go if I can get it all together.

I'm not familiar with Naches. I'll be running 32-33s, on shackles/tt, is that a decent enough setup for that area?

Thanks! :)

That set up should be OK for most trails. I recommend at the minimum;
A good working limited slip rear diff or locker
tow points front and rear. A winch if you can.

Check the trail descriptions here;
http://nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

Looks like some fun to be had over there!

introducing myself. from kent, wa. got a b2, more explorer now then b2. still got a lot of work to make her trail worthy otherwise I totally would have gone to the naches with yall in sept. looks like a blast! super jealous. my 4.0 swap still has some kinks that I have to work on before I drive that far. temp gauge isn't working, like what albino did with your gauge in your build thread. may end up doing that instead of messing more with the wiring. has a funny low idle on first start up that I have to sort out. ac needs to be fixed, I know can live without, but I get hot! lol then there's still the regear I need due to the auto tranny and funky shift points. first vehicle ive ever worked on so will take time to go through it all. anyway, wanted to intro myself and hopefully one day ill be able to hit the trails with yall. all the best and have fun at naches!

I have a complete 5 spd set up if you want toditch the auto $300

Figured since I joined the group I'd introduce myself. My name is Josh and I live in Centralia. I work out of Tumwater for a two way radio communications company. Rig specs are in my sig :)

Hope you guys don't mind a stock rig in progress!

Stick around and it won't be stock for long.

Are you looking for a lift kit?

I will be looking here soon, gotta get the funds in order. My plan is to go mild on the lift with the plan to trim and fit 33 (possibly 35's) inch tires.

I am thinking of heading up to scale shack on Saturday afternoon after I get off work, hoping to see a little more snow there than last weekend

I am thinking of heading up to scale shack on Saturday afternoon after I get off work, hoping to see a little more snow there than last weekend

Have a work get together @2pm going til the eveing :thumbdwn:

Christmas tree run for us

Are we planning any outings that are a bit farther out? Something we can get on the calendar now.

Anyone down for a "stock rig friendly" run in Jan?

Abby has an something going on with the left front drive train. I'm headed to Kevin's shop Wednesday to pull the front pumpkin and see what we can see.

Getting close to a camp n wheel trip to Tahuya though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Abby has an something going on with the left front drive train. I'm headed to Kevin's shop Wednesday to pull the front pumpkin and see what we can see.

Getting close to a camp n wheel trip to Tahuya though

Keep me posted as I will need a shack down run for the new rig and kiddos:eek:

Back