Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

<------ is a woman so i READ the instructions !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

(couldnt resist sorry ..... :D)

Or maybe attempt to give instructions?:eek: (sorry I couldn't resist either....lol)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or maybe attempt to give instructions?:eek: (sorry I couldn't resist either....lol)

Thats our "job" here on earth .... to make mens lives as difficult as possible ... you will never figure us out ..... bwaahahahhahaa (<---- evil laugh with thunder and lightening ;) ;) )

2013 Ford Explorer Window Deflectors

Hello All,

I am contemplating on getting window vent visors but not sure if I should go with the OEM stick ons or the in channel ones. Any recommendations? Can anyone share their experiences and post pics if possible? I would like to see how they look inside and out. I have the 2013 sport and would like the sleek look but also want the best possible one to go with. Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

I am contemplating on getting window vent visors but not sure if I should go with the OEM stick ons or the in channel ones. Any recommendations? Can anyone share their experiences and post pics if possible? I would like to see how they look inside and out. I have the 2013 sport and would like the sleek look but also want the best possible one to go with. Thanks in advance.
As indicated in my PM, I have moved your post to this existing thread on the same topic. There are also several threads in the 'Modified' forum on this.

Peter

so would you guys say that the in channel deflectors are better than there oem stick ons? Flyleclair, where did you get yours? Were they difficult to install? Any problems with them since you put them on?

weathertech in channel window deflectors are great. been ordering from them with every car i owned.

Heard other forum members saying the deflectors triggered the bounce back feature on auto-up that kept some of the windows from staying up do to the thickness of the deflectors being in the window channel.

I never had a problem with the windows sticking or going back down. These deflectors fit perfect. I first purchased the AVS stickon ones but wasn't comfortable on how they would mount so I didn't install them and waited for the Weathertech one be available. The Ford ones stick on the outside and I didn't like that look.

does anyone have any pics of how they look from the inside?

Here is my EX with installed OEM TAPE-ON/ADHESIVE type window deflector kit:

Right Hand
IMG_6013.jpg

Left Hand
IMG_6014.jpg

The edge tab left a gap when installed between the mirror cover and rubber as instructed in the guide. I had to put rubber gasket maker to seal off the gap.
IMG_6015.jpg

Nice. Have any pics from far and from the inside to see how they look? Anyone prefer these over the in channel ones?

Rain Guards

Hi All,
Quick question on the rain guards. Which ones do you recommend? I got a set of AVS in channel ones but its a very very tight fit and the windows didn't even go up so I had to take the rain guards off.

Seems like the plastic was too thick or the space between the windows and weather stripping was to minimal.

Would appreciate some feedback on what you used and recommend.

Thanks.

I use weather tech in channel window deflectors and no problems at all. love them

Hi All,
Quick question on the rain guards. Which ones do you recommend? I got a set of AVS in channel ones but its a very very tight fit and the windows didn't even go up so I had to take the rain guards off.

Seems like the plastic was too thick or the space between the windows and weather stripping was to minimal.

Would appreciate some feedback on what you used and recommend.

Thanks.
Your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

Ventvisors & Bugflector for 2015 PI Utility

Hello. I would like to inquire if anyone has had success with installing LUND ventshades and/or bugflectors on a 2015 Ford Explorer. Does the 2014 and the 2015 have the same specs as far as size? My company car is a 2015 Ford PI Utility Ecoboost and I want to purchase the right sized accessories.

Also looking for opinion on inside or outside window track mounting of the ventvisor. Pro's / Cons?

Thanks!

Weather tech vent shades

Installed

C54EC4C7-2783-4664-B5D9-4DD0FBDB1920.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those look good. I like the clean black line at the top.

Back