Sbilisko

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Just wanted to share a few pictures of my 2014 Explorer Sport

Mods:

93 Livernois Tune
Airaid CAI
Custom exhaust with Flowmaster Super 40 series mufflers(Resonator delete)
170* Thermostat
Coolbulbs.com 8000k 9005 and H11 Fogs (Waiting on new ballast to install 8000k headlights)
Dark tinted headlights and taillights
Ford emblems blacked out
Flat black stock sport rims
Green stock calipers
20% tint
Gloss black door handles
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are those the low beams that are on? They appear very dim as with the rear lights. Can hardly tell if tail lights are on.

Peter

Yes the low beams are on. They don't look very bright during the day but at night they are perfect. Once the brakes are hit, you can definitely see the brake lights.

that's one sleek black sport!

The only thing I'm not digging is the flat rims. Everything else is gloss, the rims would look killer if they matched too instead of looking like they're dulled down with brake dust lol. Powdercoat those suckers!

Do you have any videos of the exhaust? Your truck looks GOOD!

Did you fabricate your own complete cat-back system or use the stock pipes and update the rear muffler boxes and delete the resonator?
Post some pix's, please!

Thanks guys. Wanted to powdercoat the rims gloss black but my buddy said the sensors wouldn't come off so he just sprayed them flat black. I will most likely upgrade to 22s in the spring. I used to stock exhaust and just did a resonator delete as well as put the flowmasters on. I will get an exhaust sound clip here in the next few days.

I think the green accents are a 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' kinda thing but I really like the rest of your mods:thumbsup:

I think the green accents are a 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' kinda thing but I really like the rest of your mods:thumbsup:

Yeah, not really seeing the green accents on an all black vehicle. Looks kinda "ricer".

Did you get the 8k headlights in yet ? Just wondered how they looked and any issues

Your Ex looks great but loose the green.

Even if you just lost the green on the wheels and went red callipers.

Looks good. Props for being different.

I like your performance mods, but as for the aesthetics, I don't like the green accents and I definitely don't like the tinted headlights and tail lights. 8000K is already a lesser light output than OEM spectrum and through the tint, that blueish light is completely lost. Kind of counter productive IMO.

The Sheriff's decal is worth atleast 10hp!

all the black, don't understand the green.

what happened to the sound clip ???????

I had an 02 Ford Explorer that was completely blacked out, then I had an 08 Chevy TBSS that was murdered out and had the red calipers. I just wanted a little color to this instead of just being completely blacked out. As for the headlight and taillight tint, it actually doesn't affect the light output at night im my opinion. At night, you can see the brake lights perfectly when I tap on the breaks and the headlight output is pretty good compared to the non tint output. I have just kept the stock headlight bulbs in because I like many others on the forum are having problems with coolbulbs HIDs in my 14 Sport. We have had a ****ty winter here in the Chicaoland area and we have had tons of snow, I will get that exhaust sound clip done once it warms up a little.

I will also get some pics of the headlights and taillights at night so you can see what they look like with the tint at night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back