The wife asked me what was missing... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The wife asked me what was missing...

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
City, State
DFW, TexUS
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
Something looks like it was removed from the back of the console the last time she got the car cleaned ?

What's missing in this pic ? :)

Attachments

• Missingon explorer.jpg
    Missingon explorer.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 542

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The cover for the 110 v power port

Thanks ! - Now where did it go? :)

or better yet, where do I find a replacement....

google search didn't find one - nor did ford parts search !

That doesn't look very safe. :eek: How does the 110V outlet cover seem to attach? Was it broken off or is it really that easy to remove the cover? That seems like such a safety hazard if your kid removes a plug and the cover comes off and they accidentally touch the two prongs.

Here is what it should look like.

Peter

Attachments

• DSC_0456a.jpg
    DSC_0456a.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 451

Thanks ! - Now where did it go? :)

or better yet, where do I find a replacement....

google search didn't find one - nor did ford parts search !

I bet it is sitting in the vacuum canister where you had it cleaned. Take it back.

Thanks for the pic Peterk - exactly what I was looking for !

and agree Turdle --- wonder if one of the cleanup guys needed a replacement part ?!? :)

Thanks for the pic Peterk - exactly what I was looking for !

and agree Turdle --- wonder if one of the cleanup guys needed a replacement part ?!? :)

That was my second guess. ;)

It might be enlightening to drive by there and check for an explorer in the lot? I would surely go back to show them your concern.

This is a safety hazard especially if you have kids. I would put a piece of tape over it till you find a replacement.

We don't usually have anyone riding back there (empty nest'ers) nor have we ever really used it...
so how it got like that, who knows...

and from Peter's pic is that screw heads holding it in ?!? guess someone at the factory had a Friday and didn't add any screws to ours :)

hmmm, but checked my truck and the 110 outlet on it doesn't have screw heads...

We don't usually have anyone riding back there (empty nest'ers) nor have we ever really used it...
so how it got like that, who knows...

and from Petr's pic is that screw heads holding it in ?!? guess someone at the factory had a Friday and didn't add any screws to ours :)
There are no visible screws. What you see in the upper left corner is an indicator light that I assume comes on when the plug is active. I tried to see if I could pull the lid and face plate off but no luck. It doesn't look like something that is just going to fall off. Unless you know that it was there, my guess is that it was never installed.
I'd go see the dealer.

Peter

There are no visible screws. What you see in the upper left corner is an indicator light that I assume comes on when the plug is active. I tried to see if I could pull the lid and face plate off but no luck. It doesn't look like something that is just going to fall off. Unless you know that it was there, my guess is that it was never installed.
I'd go see the dealer.

Peter

The 110v outlet as well as the 12v outlet are held in by tabs that will need to be pushed in order to remove them. They will then both slide out. To release the plastic housing, grab under the cup holder so that your knuckles are resting on the carpet and your fingers are under the housing. Pull straight back and parallel to the floor (hump). Then work the housing away from the console. The bottom is held in by two tabs and the top by four green tabs. (Picture included)

The part is 19N236A and is $9.97 from the Ford Parts website. Just in case it is not covered.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 1.48.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 1.48.55 PM.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_3996.jpg
    IMG_3996.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 357

Back