Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looks like it to me. I'd like to keep the front flaps on myself. By the way. The Iconic and westin "stylized" appear to be virtually identical. Send us a link when you get these bolted on please:thumbsup:

These are on my short list, I like the thinner look too
Iconic - yet to see anyone post
Westin - yet to see anyone post
EGR - yet to see anyone post

http://www.carid.com/2013-ford-explorer-running-boards/westin-stylized-running-boards-16610801.html

I'm hoping someone will give them a try.
There is a pic of the EGR in the following thread but they are not on an Explorer.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371357&highlight=EGR

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. Thanks for the update. Is there much "give" to board when stepping up or down? Do the brackets appear beefy and strong to last 10+ years? I'm not a slim man, and plan on stepping up/down with equipment to load the roof racks., car wash, etc.

sorry for the delayed response... as stated previously, the brackets are pretty robust. i weigh in at ~185 and they tolerate me with absolutely no drama. that said, i can typically step over them but in the snow/mud i stand on it with full weight to get in and don't sense any flex in the board or give from the bracket.

are they 10 year-proof? you'll probably have to ask the next owner... ;)

Jeremy_H, it would be very easy to make a gap strip and attach it to the back of these boards. Should you have to, no, but it's an easy mod.

MIExplorer5, I weight 210 and if I step with all my weight right in the middle, I can feel a small bit of flex. If you step near the bracket it's not going anywhere. This could be a concern for loading the roof rack.

Thanks for the responses 14xsport and smith. Won't be tackling anything until warmer weather arrives...until then I'm just doing my research.

Thanks for the responses 14xsport and smith. Won't be tackling anything until warmer weather arrives...until then I'm just doing my research.

Definitely needs warmer weather - mine is sitting in the kitchen waiting for a nice warm day to install

Jeremy_H, it would be very easy to make a gap strip and attach it to the back of these boards. Should you have to, no, but it's an easy mod.

MIExplorer5, I weight 210 and if I step with all my weight right in the middle, I can feel a small bit of flex. If you step near the bracket it's not going anywhere. This could be a concern for loading the roof rack.

For anyone interested in sealing that gap or adding a seal somewhere, you can even create your own component...

http://www.trimlok.com/cat/Trim-Seal/Browse-All-Products_101.aspx

http://www.cleanseal.com/products.html

..also, the Ionic boards look great - I almost ordered but sorry no way I'm drilling a weld.
Ionic CXV Running Boards Ford Explorer 2011-2014
Manufacturer: Ionic
Product ID: 113900
Pinch Weld Drilling Required

2014 Ford Explore limited - DEE ZEE running board - help

Sorry if this has been covered. i did a search but couldnt get the exact info i am looking for.

I just about a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited. According to the VIN number the build date is OCTOBER 2013. So, my question is, will the DEE ZEE running boards fit my model?

Here is the link to the dee zee boards i want

http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/60A5104A0A0.aspx

It says it will fit a 2013 ford explorer and i would assume since the VIN number says my build date was Oct 2013 even though my registration papers state 2014 ford explorer limited.

Additionally from the link i cannot select 2014 ford explorer as it will only give me the option to choose 2013 ford explorer when making the order.

Will those boards fit? I know it might be a stupid question but I need to be 100% certain because I will be ordering these boards to be shipped overseas to Korea.

Thanks, all help is always appreciated.

My guess is since my build date is oct 2013 then they will fit.

Sorry if this has been covered. i did a search but couldnt get the exact info i am looking for.

I just about a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited. According to the VIN number the build date is OCTOBER 2013. So, my question is, will the DEE ZEE running boards fit my model?

It says it will fit a 2013 ford explorer and i would assume since the VIN number says my build date was Oct 2013 even though my registration papers state 2014 ford explorer limited.

Additionally from the link i cannot select 2014 ford explorer as it will only give me the option to choose 2013 ford explorer when making the order.

Will those boards fit? I know it might be a stupid question but I need to be 100% certain because I will be ordering these boards to be shipped overseas to Korea.

I also forgot to mention, anyone know an online store that will ship these internationally?

Argh.. i want these!!.

I'm 95% positive these will as 13 is the same vehicle on the outside as a 14. Not sure of an online company that ships international, I know DHL ships overseas to US without issue.

V/r
Roger
2014 Limited in Ruby Red

There have been no major structural changes to the Explorer since the new body was introduced in late 2010! So yes they will fit. I have a 2013 and I bought it in Aug 2012! So no worries!

Call or email them and be specific - they will tell you.

I just looked at your link and it now has a 2014 option and says they will not fit a 2014 Explorer. As advised previously it will be best to call the vendor to be certain.

Greta thanks all. I will def call them to check for sure.

Ionic CXV Running Board on 2014 Ford Explorer XLT

This is my first post ever, so here we go. I'm so glad to see 50's weather today and so i went outside and started my project. I am not a mechanic what so ever but i know how to use screw drivers and wrenches! After months of searching for running board i ended up with the Ionic CXV from here http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/ionic-cxv-running-boards-ford-explorer-2011-2012.aspx The video instruction helps a lot. Most of the tools i used were borrowed and i did the whole project in 3 hours! Here are some photos . . .
20140308_090416_zps63uoxa9w.jpg

20140308_112050_zpsgw3lluto.jpg

20140308_112038_zpsxv7ih26k.jpg

20140308_112026_zpsnz7884ef.jpg

20140308_112000_zps4j1ap8pv.jpg

20140308_130925_zpss7jjwxwv.jpg

Looks awesome!! Was looking at the same ones on that website! Great job! When stepping on them, they feel pretty strong and sturdy? Been reading a few posts on some potentially sagging over time. Was wondering if the install would be easy for me to do as well. I'm a good DIY person, but was worried I couldn't get into the crevices and under the car enough...

Looks awesome!! Was looking at the same ones on that website! Great job! When stepping on them, they feel pretty strong and sturdy? Been reading a few posts on some potentially sagging over time. Was wondering if the install would be easy for me to do as well. I'm a good DIY person, but was worried I couldn't get into the crevices and under the car enough...

Just curious, was that this particular set that you read about sagging over time, or just running boards in general?

My set is scheduled for delivery Tuesday and you got me kinda worried, lol.

Just curious, was that this particular set that you read about sagging over time, or just running boards in general?

My set is scheduled for delivery Tuesday and you got me kinda worried, lol.

I think it was more over time with any boards, or so it seemed with the less expensive sets. I have seen some on eBay, very similar in style to the dee zee running boards but I'm afraid I'll get what I pay for! ;( but really, that is the truth right?

Let me know how your install goes! I'm ready to get some too! My little one could use the help getting in!

Thank you! Look and feel sturdy for now. i weigh 175 lbs and they hold up pretty good when compare to my old 04 explorer with factory board. And it also passes the approval of the 6 yr old son :thumbsup: whose complaining every time he gets in the car. Now he's a one happy kid.
I would say the difficult part was drilling for the middle bracket, it was tough! the video show it was quick but it was difficult for me. When i got to the passenger side, i started with small drill bit and work all the way to 7/16" the required size.
When you said your're a DIY person, i believe you can do this without a doubt. Goodluck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it was more over time with any boards, or so it seemed with the less expensive sets. I have seen some on eBay, very similar in style to the dee zee running boards but I'm afraid I'll get what I pay for! ;( but really, that is the truth right?

Let me know how your install goes! I'm ready to get some too! My little one could use the help getting in!

My experience with ebay is that there is no guarantee you'll get a "Warranty" especially with big ticket items.

Back