MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, Jerky,

I haven't heard anything recently. I'll be sure to make a new thread if I can when another one if released. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca,

'if released"

Hopefully that's not a Freudian slip, but just a typo. :eek:

Rebecca,

I updated my SYNC awhile ago to the newest version, however forgot to "confirm" on the sync website...now I get letters/emails from Ford saying that there is an update available. Is there a way to confirm my update without the USB?

Cheers!
Matt

Rebecca,

I updated my SYNC awhile ago to the newest version, however forgot to "confirm" on the sync website...now I get letters/emails from Ford saying that there is an update available. Is there a way to confirm my update without the USB?

Cheers!
Matt
Hi Matt. I'm not positive but I don't think the Reps work on weekends. As far as I know you have to use the Status Checker tool, which of course involves using a USB drive.

Peter

Rebecca,

Cheers!
Matt

Do a Vehicle Health report at http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/ on the list on the right side of the page for your vehicle and it will update the version of Sync on that website and in Ford's main system. I had the same prob and this fixed it. After I did the USB update I did not realize I needed the USB to confirm on syncmyride on my laptop so I reformatted the USB and had that info erased, but the Vehicle Health report will update it.

Do a Vehicle Health report at http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/ on the list on the right side of the page for your vehicle and it will update the version of Sync on that website and in Ford's main system. I had the same prob and this fixed it. After I did the USB update I did not realize I needed the USB to confirm on syncmyride on my laptop so I reformatted the USB and had that info erased, but the Vehicle Health report will update it.
Vehicle Health Reports are not available in Canada.

Peter

Vehicle Health Reports are not available in Canada.

Peter

Bummer. For those in the U.S. who forgot to reload their USB on Ford's MySync page after updating Sync and if you erased or wrote over the USB, that's how to do it.

Seems those in countries outside the U.S. have much more trouble updating Sync, and that does not help with the perception by some that Sync/MFT is a problem.

Perhaps when Ford goes to the Blackberry software they can integrate it worldwide since it is common on foreign cars like BMW and Audi.

Bummer. For those in the U.S. who forgot to reload their USB on Ford's MySync page after updating Sync and if you erased or wrote over the USB, that's how to do it.

Seems those in countries outside the U.S. have much more trouble updating Sync, and that does not help with the perception by some that Sync/MFT is a problem.

Perhaps when Ford goes to the Blackberry software they can integrate it worldwide since it is common on foreign cars like BMW and Audi.
That would indeed be nice, seeing as how their HQ is located here in Ottawa.

Peter

Rebecca,

Cheers!
Matt

Hey, Matt!

Like Peter said, I'm not here on the weekends; however, I am now. LOL

If you log in to your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com and then click this link:

http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-vc

It should take you to a verification tool. Download it and put the files on your USB flash drive; then plug it in the USB port in your Explorer. Once it finishes pulling your version, take the USB back to your PC, make sure you're still logged in to your account, and your account should be updated to the correct version of MFT. Let me know if you have any issues.

Hey, everyone,

I know you've already posted articles in other threads, but I'd like to ask that we keep this thread on topic (help with v3.6.2). It's easier for me to help the people that need it. :) Thanks!

Rebecca

:thumbsup: Latest Sync Update

I have a 2011 XLT w 302a package. The screen was slow and the Blue tooth was horrible. As my wife did not use the blue tooth , i never noticed it till a few months ago i brought a tundra limited and she took it....

anyway, now i have the explorer i *****ed and complained about this crap on a 40k car.

the newest sync update is avialable, i downloaded to a flash drive and did an update on yesterday commute. 30 minutes .

i bet mine was never updated from the original.... the quick fix

1) The bluetooth phone clarity is crazy good as per my mom and wife. More media support. It can now play music from the bluetooth device via bluetooth.
2) The touch screen is very very responsive. No more touch, touch harder wonder if it read.More zones per doc.
3) When i put the car in reverse some color coding is coming on , not sure what this is.
4) Speed of the system is great.

If you have not done this, i recommend it. v3.6.2 per the popup

satz

I have a 2011 XLT w 302a package. The screen was slow and the Blue tooth was horrible. As my wife did not use the blue tooth , i never noticed it till a few months ago i brought a tundra limited and she took it....

anyway, now i have the explorer i *****ed and complained about this crap on a 40k car.

the newest sync update is avialable, i downloaded to a flash drive and did an update on yesterday commute. 30 minutes .

i bet mine was never updated from the original.... the quick fix

1) The bluetooth phone clarity is crazy good as per my mom and wife. More media support. It can now play music from the bluetooth device via bluetooth.
2) The touch screen is very very responsive. No more touch, touch harder wonder if it read.More zones per doc.
3) When i put the car in reverse some color coding is coming on , not sure what this is.
4) Speed of the system is great.

If you have not done this, i recommend it. v3.6.2 per the popup

satz

Glad you're happy with it, satz!

Rebecca

Back