Aftermarket wheels | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

here are mine.....22x9.5

Attachments

• new look.jpg
    new look.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 11,910

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bad,

did you sell the stock wheels, and if so, what did you get for them?

Buzz

Excellent... Thanks... Enjoy...

I'm looking at getting the Enkei SVX machined w/ black accent in 20's for our white limited X.

Anyone seen these on an X before? I can't seem to find a picture of one with them.

enkeiperf_svx_mba_ci3_l.jpg

I'm looking at getting the Enkei SVX machined w/ black accent in 20's for our white limited X.

Anyone seen these on an X before? I can't seem to find a picture of one with them.
Welcome to the Forum DJPrelude.:wavey:
There are only 2 posts in the 'Modified' threads that mention Enkei and yours is one of them. I doubt any of the members have these installed.

Peter

So Dodge/Chrysler wheels will just bolt right up? New Mopar cars are 5x115'' pattern. Are the Explorers that also?

EDIT: Ok, never mind that question. I just reread through the thread and heard somebody say the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 (common term 5x4.5) which is extremely close to Mopar. I know a lot of Mopar guys put on 5x114.3 wheels on their rides with no issues, but some have vibrations at 60-70 mph, bc the wheels don't actually center up all the time. Good thing you put on the hub centric rings to help center the wheels. They look great on you ride! :thumbsup:

Love all the pics on this thead so far, here's a few of the 22s I went with. I know they're probably not for everyone but I really liked the wide bulldog stance they gave the truck. Also they're not too in your face. Of all the hundreds of wheels I looked at on line and in shops, I ended up really liking (laugh now) new 22X9 Dodge Charger SRT8 wheels. Here's the details so I don't get a bunch of emails:

-They were pretty inexpensive $2098 with tires 265/40/22.
-I got them from a custom wheel shop in North Vancouver called Sorat Wheels
-They needed some hub rings to make them fit but after that the fitment was perfect.
-The wheels are 22X9, 2009 Charger SRT8 wheels

Anyways, hopefully the pics help someone narrow down their search for wheels.

Explorer5.jpg

Saleen rimshot

I used to have a 2005 mustang GT with Saleen 7 spoke rims. The fronts were 20x9 ET50 and the rears were 20x10 ET50. Mine were silver and I know the same rims are available in black. I am going to do some research but I know they are pretty inexpensive and I want to run 20x10 on all four corners with a 295/45R20.
"American Muscle" has lots of rims that fit the new mustang and they share the same bolt pattern as the 2013+ Sport. The FOOSE OUTCAST BLACK WITH MACHINED FINISH would look nice. IMO wheels that are all black look too "Murdered Out"! I think an aftermarket rim needs a little Silver or machined finish like the factory Sport rim to give it a little pop. Check out the site. I know that Forgestar custom makes their rims in several offsets so they could give you the perfect size.

Mine.... 22x9.5 (+32) with 285/35/22s

13596322613_622c8c801a.jpg

How bout back/side shot to show how they sit in the wheel well.

Thanks peterk9, that saved me an upload :) The wheels sit pretty much perfectly flush with the fenders even if it doesn't really look like it from the front.

Thanks peterk9, that saved me an upload :) The wheels sit pretty much perfectly flush with the fenders even if it doesn't really look like it from the front.
You're welcome. People sometimes forget or don't realize that every thing added here, especially pictures, takes up room on the servers.

Peter

Thanks for the input Peter!

Have to ask: Aren't GIANT pics 4928 x3264 taking up even more space? Why are they allowed, or not reduced? Big is better, but that is ridiculous. Scroll scroll scroll! :D

Frank

You're welcome. People sometimes forget or don't realize that every thing added here, especially pictures, takes up room on the servers.

Peter

Thanks for the input Peter!

Have to ask: Aren't GIANT pics 4928 x3264 taking up even more space? Why are they allowed, or not reduced? Big is better, but that is ridiculous. Scroll scroll scroll! :D

Frank
You are 100% right Frank. I have been able to reduce them in a few cases or asked the OP to reduce and re post them. I can't recall the exact posts but they must not be using the Forum's attachment program. That program limits them to 488.3 kb, 800 X 800. I'll bring that up with the Administrator. Thanks.

Peter

You are 100% right Frank. I have been able to reduce them in a few cases or asked the OP to reduce and re post them. I can't recall the exact posts but they must not be using the Forum's attachment program. That program limits them to 488.3 kb, 800 X 800. I'll bring that up with the Administrator. Thanks.

Peter

There is(or was) the ability to attach a file in another way, some kind of upload that doesn't reduce it and isn't a hosting process. I've seen that on another forum too, so it is probably here also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what are u talking about??

those just don't seem to work. The proportion of tire to rim to chrome on the care comes off looking cheesy to me.

huh???

Back