interceptor badge on hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interceptor badge on hood

ixotuckeroxi

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
1655795_603841403025459_470570272_o.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow that looks awesome and mean!

Looks good man.....

OK, badge is cool Tucker but what I really want is the Interceptor Grill:thumbsup: Can you get one for yourself and one for me?? Standard 10% markup plus shipping is fine by me if you can score them...

Looks great. Can't wait to put mine on when it warms up! SMD... LOL

OK, badge is cool Tucker but what I really want is the Interceptor Grill:thumbsup: Can you get one for yourself and one for me?? Standard 10% markup plus shipping is fine by me if you can score them...

Haha ajay...what is this grille you speak of? I've never seen it

Strut...it looks good. Line up the dots on the end with the crease in the grille and it'll be straight.

Sarge and ej, thanks guys

Looks great! A little wider than I expected, but I think I'll order this mod, swap it out when the wife isn't looking, and see how long it takes her to notice it lol.

Where could I get that for my sport?

Haha ajay...what is this grille you speak of? I've never seen it

Strut...it looks good. Line up the dots on the end with the crease in the grille and it'll be straight.

Sarge and ej, thanks guys

Dude that's sick!!! I want one on mine if us don't mind!!!! Where can I buy?

Im working on the Interceptor EcoBoost special grill part number, should have it tomorrow..

is there an interceptor grille pic I'm missing? THe ones I saw it looks like cheap flat dull plastic without much style at all.

Harley

This is the one we are referencing.

Sorry guys no contact today so no part# yet, still trying.

image004.png

Sgt, did you take that pic or found it online...I don't know if I like the look. I think I may just go ahead and hack the **** out of my oem one

That photo was taken by a person who attended the Michigan State Police Test Day in September 2013.

It was the first time anyone had seen the grill as it was on a prototype Interceptor Utility EcoBoost. The final one may be slightly different.

That was the first public viewing of the EcoBoost Utility because in order for each manufacturer to get their next years models eligible for government agency purchase they have to get tested at MSP and LASD test days. So MSP testing is usually when we see the new stuff because its in September each year.

Interesting reading if your into test results.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-__1564__1564-16274--,00.html

the more I look at it , the more I think it should have been made with the opening all the way up above the emblem . I like the look of the complete mesh grille but the solid look behind the mesh is killing it for me . If I could get one of these for dirt cheap , I would try and modify it by taking my dremel to it :D

To eaxh their own but the plain mesh is the REASON I like it. More than lkely the redesign was for addtional cooling flow...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back