interceptor badge on hood | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interceptor badge on hood

It's one thing to see the non-Sports putting the EXPLORER badges on their fronts...but this is taking it to a whole 'nother level...LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's one thing to see the non-Sports putting the EXPLORER badges on their fronts...but this is taking it to a whole 'nother level...LOL

Yeah, but look. How many GLH clones have been built:D...

800px-%2786_Shelby_GLHS_%28Orange_Julep_%2709%29.jpg

Pack as much crap on your ride as you want. If it makes you happy. Have at it. Once your done. Post some pics up so QwikEVO's head will explode. LOL.....SMD

Harley

This is the one we are referencing.

Sorry guys no contact today so no part# yet, still trying.

image004.png

That angle it just looks like something that would come on a bare bones XL model with the flat gray plastic and 70% fake mesh.

2wqqxhh.png

Here's the grill again, taken 2 weeks ago in Michigan, on the dealer lot this time IIRC

This angle looks better, but still can't dig the flat gray plastic, and the fake mesh on most of it. I'd rather mod the sport grille to make the mesh parts between the 3 solid bars vented. At least the solid bars are solid and don't look like a fake grille, like a fake mesh that's clearly closed off. They could have done a lot better IMO.

If anythjng, that grill painted and gutted to remove all the flat piece would look decent maybe?

That angle it just looks like something that would come on a bare bones XL model with the flat gray plastic and 70% fake mesh.

This angle looks better, but still can't dig the flat gray plastic, and the fake mesh on most of it. I'd rather mod the sport grille to make the mesh parts between the 3 solid bars vented. At least the solid bars are solid and don't look like a fake grille, like a fake mesh that's clearly closed off. They could have done a lot better IMO.
this is exactly what I see wrong with it :D

be careful when u order... or just read and follow the sellers directions....!
you have to choose color or silver will be sent...
ALSO the price includes stickers for both sides of the hood!!! so dont order 2 like i did!!!!![/QUOTE

Yes, one must always read the full description on any eBay auction. Mine should arrive this week. I did the Red/Silver combo for my black ride.

BTW, I see your neighbor Jack Roush quite often during the season.

Buzz

hey Buzz!

be careful when u order... or just read and follow the sellers directions....!
you have to choose color or silver will be sent...
ALSO the price includes stickers for both sides of the hood!!! so dont order 2 like i did!!!!![/QUOTE

Yes, one must always read the full description on any eBay auction. Mine should arrive this week. I did the Red/Silver combo for my black ride.

BTW, I see your neighbor Jack Roush quite often during the season.

Buzz

Sitting here watching F-150's being churnned out.
anyways, i got my sho ecoboost badge and the interceptor badge for the hood in from Levvitown Ford already.. waiting for a good tempurature to put them on..
i appreciate all the ideas you gave me to help me get my 50k exporer to stand out...!
waiting for stickers for hood to come in...
Not on first name basis with Jack like you!!!! im just a Master Electrician in a Ford plant... Not in your guys league!!!!!
Rich :salute:

Is it legal to make a Ford Explorer look like a police interceptor if you are not a LEO? :) Very curious. I love the look!
you can't legally add blue and red lights or decal it as police but you can do everything else to it if they sell the parts to the public .

Sitting here watching F-150's being churnned out.
anyways, i got my sho ecoboost badge and the interceptor badge for the hood in from Levvitown Ford already.. waiting for a good tempurature to put them on..
i appreciate all the ideas you gave me to help me get my 50k exporer to stand out...!
waiting for stickers for hood to come in...
Not on first name basis with Jack like you!!!! im just a Master Electrician in a Ford plant... Not in your guys league!!!!!
Rich :salute:

TMack I will be flying into Ypsilanti Airport this Tuesday-Sunday for the race. I probably wont attend the race but me and my partner in crime will be doing the usual sightseeing around Michigan. If you are interested in meeting up PM me. Sounds like we are both sort of in the same industry.

Buzz

TMack I will be flying into Ypsilanti Airport this Tuesday-Sunday for the race. I probably wont attend the race but me and my partner in crime will be doing the usual sightseeing around Michigan. If you are interested in meeting up PM me. Sounds like we are both sort of in the same industry.

Buzz

sent a DM

Oh I see. Just out of curiosity, do people mod their sport to look like interceptor? Why so?

pseudo police power trip resulting from low self esteem and craving for donuts shops.....

pseudo police power trip resulting from low self esteem and craving for donuts shops.....

I had a 2005 Crown Vic before and now have the white sport. Everyone thinks both of these are cop cars. Both of them are/were completely stock.

The good is that everyone gets out of your way on the highway, it's like a parting of the Red Sea when going on vacation. The bad is that everyone drives really slow around town. Like really slow, and they stop for way to long at stop signs. :)

LOL this is what I was thinking. Maybe I should try this. Add some spotlights and a bullbar...LOL. That'll make them driver better. I live in a city with one of the world's most craziest drivers...multi lane Highways are the worst when people don't give you way and you're hauling kids.

I find it funny they think your stock sport is a cop vehicle though lol. I am waiting to pick up mine this week. White diamond tri coat. Cant wait.

The police interceptors around here are white with a black grill, exactly the same as my sport.

I always back into my driveway when my kids are out playing in the street, it does make a difference in the speed of the cars on the road.

Reminds me of the league when Pete buys a Crown Vic and is mistaken for a cop.

He complains about how it took him 30 extra min to get home in the city.

So funny!

I do like the interceptor grille, but not enough to buy it.

Know what would be nice is if someone made a "T r a n s f o r m e r" or "D e c e p t i c o n" hood badge and grille.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Know what would be nice is if someone made a "T r a n s f o r m e r" or "D e c e p t i c o n" hood badge and grille.

More would identify with "E H C U O D", so it showed up in rear view mirrors...

Back